Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-20, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! I had a low key Monday. I need to take it easy after a chiropractor adjustment, so after work I found a very sweet and gentle restorative practice on Glo - Unwind & Let Go of the Day's Tension by Jo Tastula. Had a good sleep, too!

Cyana - I'm so sorry about your family member and I apologize for mistaking your name for Paine's. I have been a total doofus lately.

I better keep it short today because I'm suffering from a brain to fingers disconnect! Everyone have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 11:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thank goodness this week has started off more slowly/more manageable for me; last week was brutal!

Pat, I've been a doofus lately too--perhaps that's part of our covid malaise.

Pam, I am trying to be better about getting enough sleep; it does help. Do you think the Bob & Brad exercises are helping you?

Happy Tuesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 01:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Still getting the stupid 500 error message.

Yesterday's Workout: Still following Jessica Smith's Healthy For the Holidays rotation. I did the Low Impact Hit workout from Jessica's Walk On 21 Day Weight Loss Plan. Although Jessica explains how HIIT is very efficient, etc. I'd still much rather do a nice long outdoor walk.

Getting our first real rain of the season this afternoon -- glad I don't have to go anywhere!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 06:08 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day. Last night I did Beth's Yoga class on perfectionism, which I enjoyed. Beth, I really liked the view of your yoga room today. I could see more of your room and it felt like I was in there with you. During the practice, I noticed that I like to do downward dog with straight legs (rather than bent). I liked using the block to rest my forehead on and also to use the block in supported bridge.

Today I did Beth's mindful meditation on managing pain, which I really loved (thank you Beth!).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7W3...nnel=YogiBethC

Today I also did Jackie's shoulder and hips mobility 10 minute segment that was on the Classical Stretch Facebook website. Jackie did a really nice job and it felt great. Jackie is an excellent Classical Stretch teacher!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 06:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Playing catch up.

cyana - sorry for your loss. For the wildlife I liked numbers 4, 30, and 36.

Anny - I like Leslie but so many side steps make my hips and back hurt. I thought that would stop after the hip replacement but it didn't. I'm still trying to find an upper body workout that makes me happy.

Carolyn - How's your SIL? I don't usually react to flu shots like I did this year. I got both shingles shots last year. I felt yucky after the second one but not like this year's flu shot. Next year I need a tetanus shot. That always makes my arm hurt for a week. Dreading it.

Garrie - so much equipment is why I like Cathe's earlier dvd's best. Less equipment to put away. I've been using my reformer more lately. I only use it when Meow naps on the bed or in the pantry. When she sees me she gets on the rails or on the carriage. I'm afraid she'll get hurt on the springs.

I haven't done anything for several days. I strained a quad but don't know when or how. CBD helps the pain better than my prescription anti-inflammatory but the man says CBD makes me sleep too much. I don't see why that matters when he isn't here.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and got my blood work results today. With all the carbs I eat because of pancreatitis I expected to be diabetic. Diabetes runs in my family. My numbers for everything were fantastic. I guess my body likes eating no/low fat. I'm shocked but very happy.

I saw Beth posted new things on YouTube so maybe I can ease the pain with the new postings. Then I'll have some CBD and sleep too much.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 07:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi again!

Today's Workout: 360 Abs from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. Hadn't done this one for a while and I really enjoyed it!

Love looking at and listening to the rain outside. Hope it puts paid to our fire season.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 09:21 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

There was snow here today! Nothing significant, but I was surprised when I ducked up from my basement office to see a hard wet snowfall.

Speaking of my basement office, I am now 100% remote indefinitely after a staff member in our department tested positive for covid.

Sandra, always nice to enjoy your workout! I'm sitting in front of the gas fire right now.

Paine, I think I just changed the camera angle a little for the perfectionism video. I really liked the reading from the book (Just One Thing by Dr. Rick Hanson) where he talks about perfectionism being subjective--ie, there's no perfect rose or perfect child. I'm glad you liked the meditation! I think you know it was a request from Alta, and I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it at first, but the ASAP idea fit in with some other things I've been teaching. I think you might have told your name story before, but I couldn't remember.

Linda, that's great about the bloodwork, but so sorry to hear about the quad strain. If you try my meditation, you'll have to let me know if it helps.

I managed to squeak in the #9 lesson from Shakti Warrior and then taught yoga. It was a small class of 4 and went well. I'm worried that the studio might have to close again though.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-17-20, 09:30 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me....

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics & did JackieB’s mini stretch on the CS FB page
~8 km walk - we had a break in the rain
~Reclined stretches, BFB’s low back exercises, active release
~Steps: 13,995

Beth - Gosh, a + co-worker, that is close to home & concerning. Did you have much contact with them? I do think Bob & Brad’s approach is helping, but it’s a process and most likely a chronic thing. I can treat it, but it not really fixable.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 09:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, we aren't allowed to know who the co-worker is, but I can guess. And no, I haven't been in contact for months. On my one day/week in the office, I've rarely seen any of my co-workers! I feel like every problem I have in my body is chronic.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-17-20, 09:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Beth - I’m glad you haven’t had contact with that person! I think all my issues are chronic too, lol I just keep moving & doing what I can to keep them under control. DH says aging is like playing Whack a Mole....you sort out one issue & then up pops another!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote