Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-04-20, 11:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I am participating in the virtual Essentrics retreat today & tomorrow, should be fun!

Beth & Pat - We are rather rural here so don’t wear masks outside. Others rarely get closer than 20 feet when we are out walking. I do wear a mask downtown in the city though and always indoors.

Thanks for the recipe links Sherry!

Paine - I make the Nighty Night tea in a very small cup and steep it a bit longer. But I always end up getting up at least once during the night. It’s hit and miss with me, I had it at bedtime last night and didn’t sleep great.

Wishing you a smooth recovery Linda.

Hi Sandra, Anny, Carolyn, & Garrie!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 11:29 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

TA Post Pregnancy 1 Workout (first 25 minutes through plank series)

TA's plank work was challenging in her Post Pregnancy workout.

Pat, I love hearing about your walks. 10,000 steps is great!
I had that Yee DVD and I got rid of it.

Sherry, thank you for the recipe links! I hope you liked your cornbread.

Pam, there are 2 Nighty Night teas on Amazon, one with Valerian and one without Valerian. Which one do you have?

Beth, how funny that you forgot about doing Sculpting RX from the library!

Linda, I like the weather here and I like living closer to family but we haven't been able to visit family because of the pandemic. Hopefully things will improve in a year.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 12:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Paine - Mine has valerian, Passion flower, & lemon balm. I was afraid it would taste bad as valerian is strong but it doesn’t. I thought I was ordering Nighty Night Extra, but it’s not “extra”. Not sure what the difference is, maybe Sherry can clarify.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 10-04-20, 12:44 PM  
sherry7899

I no longer have the box that the tea came in. The one I have is from the brand Traditional Medicinals. I do not think mine is the "extra."

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 01:10 PM  
sherry7899

Check in for today:

Body Project 30 minute cardio from you tube. That was going to be all the cardio for today, but after taking a break, I decided to add on their moderate low impact HIIT, which was 22 minutes. I should have planned better and done that one first! I liked them both. Afterwards, I did Yoga Upload floor/no kneeling 20 minute practice. I needed a good stretch. I realized I had not done yoga since Thursday, which is very unlike me. I usually practice just about every day.

The cornbread came out really well. I admit to still being partial to Trader Joe's cornbread from their mix, but that is sweeter and more like a corn cake My husband prefers the homemade version since he has way less of a sweet tooth than I do. I have to figure out what to make to use up the rest of the buttermilk.

Pat, you have done so well with keeping up your steps.

Beth, I prefer not to grocery shop at Walmart, either. The Walmart in our town (well, there are two, but one borders Trenton and I'm not going there!) doesn't have a very large grocery section. I have picked up a few non perishable items while buying other things, but I haven't bought anything refrigerated from there. We go to the Wegmans in Princeton. It is a really nice location. I've only been to one other location south of me....it may be Mt. Laurel? I have to ask my husband what town it was in. It was years ago, so I don't remember.

My library has a lousy exercise dvd section. They only have one KCM because I asked that they buy it! For some reason, my library decided not to be part of the county library system. I don't know why . They are great about ordering books for me when I ask, though. I read a ton of psychological suspense, and I don't read those more than once so I hate to spend money on them. I admit to buying a lot of them while they were closed, though. I will pass them along to someone else.

Linda, I hope your surgery goes well-hugs!! I guess you can't eat the pumpkin items anymore that I'd mailed your from Trader Joe's in previous years I don't want to make you sick.

Garrie, I am intimidated by Cathe's workouts. I have a few. I don't think I've even tried the lower body workout from her LITE set. That is the only Cathe system I own.

Sandra, I like the music in that Margaret dvd as well. I need to pull out her dvds again. I am doing strength from Body Project from now. I am doing their circuit workouts. They are easier than Margaret. I have slacked on weights for a long time, so I need to build back up to Margaret.

I have my weekly streaming concert from the husband and wife duo Pete and Maura Kennedy on now. They are doing the British Invasion this week I don't have other plans today.

I hope everyone has a great day! Hi to anyone I missed.

Sherry

Old 10-04-20, 02:02 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I worked upper body on my own and did cardio chasing balls with Meow Meow. I might row later. My wrists are straight for that so it doesn't cause more pain. Wrist curls are very painful but they had to be done.

Pam - thank you for the well wishes.

Paine - I'm glad you like living where you are but I'm very sorry you can't see your family. When I had a telehealth appointment with my doctor she asked if I was having difficulty with social distancing or is it my life? I see the man once or twice a month and that's it. If I had family it would be a different story.

Sherrie - How's your back? I told the man about all the pumpkin things you sent. He's diabetic so feeding us is a real pain. I can't have much fat. Much? I average less than 15 grams a day unless I have an Omaha Steakburger. They don't cause an attack like a hamburger does. Sometimes I have two Hershey's kisses when I'm bad. Candy corn is fat free. That's as close to Halloween as I've been. I should order some pumpkin flavored coffee. I think about those darn peanut butter cups everyday. I'd have a spoonful of peanut butter and get sick but the last time I had an attack Meow found me laying on the bathroom floor with a towel as a blanket. She yelled and pawed at the towel to wake me up. Not easy for her to paw at anything. She was so scared I swore I'd never intentionally eat anything bad again. But boy do I want Costco pumpkin pie. Sorry that got long.

I put a new picture of Meow in my album. Her album.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 02:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I no longer have the box that the tea came in. The one I have is from the brand Traditional Medicinals. I do not think mine is the "extra."
Yes, mine is Traditional Medicinals.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 10-04-20, 04:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone! I just got back from meeting with my new "yoga boss," Ali, and it went great! She is so sweet, and I'm so excited to teach my first class there on Tuesday. We are also making plans to have me film my first "on demand" video for the studio in the next week or two.

RE nighttime teas, I have "Bedtime" from Yogi Tea, which I believe does have valerian; I find that more soothing. And it has a very pleasant mildly sweet flavor.

Sherry, I think there is a Wegmans in Moorestown? I might have been there once with my mom.

Linda I can understand you not wanting to use the service again but hope you will manage okay! Is your surgery already scheduled?

Yesterday didn't quite wind up being an off day because I did a short YouTube practice that was featured on the Yoga for Healthy Aging blog (one of my favorites that just started publishing again). Here was the rest of my week:

Monday
30MTF Sculpting Rx (from library, apparently for the 2nd time, haha) - Workout #2
Yogea (YT) - Spinal Health Routine, Strong Stem

Tuesday
30MTF Sculpting Rx - Workout #2
Yoga with Lin & Leo (YT) - 20m Intermediate Iyengar for Hips & Shoulders

Wednesday
HDM (YT) - Armatics Taster
Melissa West (YT) - 7 Irresistible Yoga Poses
TAUGHT Yoga on campus

Thursday
recumbent bike, 25 minutes
30MTF Split Sessions - Shoulders & Legs premix

Friday
OFF

Saturday
Heather Berg (YT) - Breath Centered Yin Yoga

Sunday
Heather Robertson (YT) - 10m Standing Abs; Arm Toning with Weights
Ekhart Yoga 7 Daily Yoga Practices - Yin Yoga for Lower Back, meditation

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 05:21 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, the tea you have is the "extra" one because it has Valerian in it and the other one doesn't have valerian. I ordered the one with valerian.

Sherry and Pam here are the links to the 2 different teas by Traditional Medicinals:

https://www.traditionalmedicinals.co...ight-valerian/

https://www.traditionalmedicinals.co.../nighty-night/

Beth, I can feel your excitement about teaching at the new studio. I'm happy for you!
Thanks for telling us about Bedtime Yogi tea. I added it to my wish list.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 05:21 PM  
sherry7899

Beth, the friends we were visiting live in Florence, NJ so we went to the store closest to them.