Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-20, 07:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Here is a mid-week funny for Halloween (and perfect for me as a therapist):

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:51 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam and Beth, oh I'm so happy for you both! How great that you both won a prize.

Beth, that comic is hilarious!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 10:45 PM  
YogaGal

Tuesday: Unplanned rest day
Wednesday: Jessica Smith’s WS3, Boogie I.T. (Interval Training) and RaviAna’s “Hips and Lower Back” from Yoga for Beginners & Beyond dvd

I'm pleased that I managed to fit in one HIIT workout each week during the month of October. I didn't get as much focus on core work as I wanted, so that might be my goal for November.

Congratulations to Pam and Beth on winning BellyFit Alchemista!

Paine: Glad you enjoyed that upper body yoga set from Sarah Beth.

Pat: So happy to hear that you slept well last night and got good news about getting a new oven.

Beth: Thanks for the funny cartoon! And your sloth is a cutie; how nice that he has been to class with you.
Old 10-29-20, 07:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Nothing formal here, just kept myself moving at the office and got over 5,000 steps. I wrapped up that wretched project and submitted it for draft review, fingers crossed. My book club had a Google Meet last night. We haven't met in any fashion since February. It was good to connect.

Pam, what's this? You won Alchemista? Please keep is us posted!!

Beth - LOL about the empty pumpkin, that's hilarious! I hope you will keep us posted on Alchemista, too.

Carolyn - I'm working on my November goals too. Weights will play a more prominent role.

I hope you all have a happy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 10:14 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Smithey Buns of Steel: Lower Body Floor work with 1.5 pounds on each ankle

I'm still struggling with low motivation to workout and yet I was so glad I finished my workout this morning.
It's hard to believe that it's almost November!
Old 10-29-20, 10:49 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Paine - Motivation is a nagging problem, I’m struggling to get down to studying my level 4 material. I have a couple of Barlates workouts with ankle weights, must look at them as they are virgins. I’ll have to wait until I see my PT next week as don’t want to set this hip thing back.

Pat - I was very happy to win Alchemista & I will definitely keep you posted! I’m glad you’ve seen the end of that big project! I met with my book club online last week for the second time & it was nice to see them. What are you reading? We are doing “The Thirteenth Tale” for November. I’ve read it before & look forward to revisiting it.

Beth - I love the cartoon & I look forward to comparing notes on Alchemista!

Carolyn - WS3 is a really good set, lots of variety and I always love Jessica.

Back later with my workouts......

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 12:41 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Pam, we don't have a read yet for this month. I'm currently reading The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, a collection of beautiful short stories. It is wonderful. I watched the Alchemista trailer on YouTube, I'm interested in how much of it is moves from prior routines. Love the music!

Paine - sending you inspiration and motivation ----->
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 01:10 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, that's a good idea about waiting to get the OK from your PT before you try ankle weights.
I completely understand your hesitation about studying for Level 4 (I would feel the same way).
The pandemic sometimes seems so daunting and depressing to think about. There are so many unknowns, especially about how long this will go on. I've heard some medical doctors say they think the coronavirus will not go away and that it will become an endemic and there is doubt about there being an effective/safe covid-19 vaccine since the common cold is a type of coronavirus and there is no effective vaccine for the common cold. Pam, your country is doing so great with the coronavirus! You have wonderful leadership that took quick action to protect your country.

Pat, thank you kindly!
Old 10-29-20, 09:55 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

A workout didn't happen yesterday.

Today's Workout: Another favorite stretch routine -- the Shoulders, Hips & Hamstring Stretch from Essentrics Strength & Stretch In Motion.

Looking forward to Yogapam's and Beth's impressions of Alchemista.

Like many of us Barefooters, my motivation waxes and wanes these days. Paine, I agree that we'll be living with some level of Covid for a long time, but I do think we will eventually adapt to where we can live a fairly normal life.

Pat58: Good news on the oven!

Linda: Re the cat food, maybe you can get a helper to open several cans, then put lids on them in the fridge?

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-20, 10:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings....
~Taught Essentrics
~Neighbourhood walk
~BellyFit Alchemista: Strength of Vessel
~Steps: 9147

So Alchemista..... I watched part of the intro, but left it at that and plan to do the meditation at some point. I did the first workout, it’s about an hour. It started with a 7 min standing meditation led by Jumana Sophia who is a spiritual guru focused on empowering women. The set was a collaboration between her & Alice. Then Alice does BF cardio for about 35 min, it’s low key standard BF moves. Then some toning & isolation moves done standing & seated on a chair. A short seated chair stretch and another short meditation to finish. It was nice, I liked it but didn’t love it. Like Beth, I prefer her faster paced workouts. The setting was very nice, high ceilings, big windows, rustic & pretty reclaimed brick walls. It was in a yoga studio in a heritage building in downtown Victoria. The music was good too.

Sandra - That S&S in Motion set is a good one!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote