Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-19-20, 06:13 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Sorry to be MIA for a few days. Although I've been walking outside a lot (due to my car being temporarily out of commission), I haven't been in the mood to do a workout the last few days. Finally am getting back on track with

Today's Workout: Program 2A from Margaret Richard's Perfect 10. So far I like this program better than Program 1. However, Perfect 10 seems particularly dated to me, and the music is kind of grating.

Beth: My "new" Honda Fit is a 2013 model, which I purchased used in 2017. So far it has been a very reliable little car -- this is the first major repair it has needed. I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow morning.

Linda: Hope you and the man have a nice visit.

Paine: I've found Clorox wipes, but only in a smaller 35-count size. I've had some luck finding Target brand wipes -- I think the trick is to hit the store early in the morning!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 06:52 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! I enjoyed a day off from work today--even though I am still (mostly) working from home, it was a much needed break! DH & I went to the semi annual huge book sale. We usually go on Saturday but chose today so there would be less people, and it was pretty empty. However, it is in this huge warehouse and they kept the garage doors open for circulation, so it was COOOLD!

The DVD section keeps shrinking! They had a lot of Pilates DVDs, some others that you might expect (I always see The Biggest Loser). I decided to get Patricia Moreno's IntenSati, which I'm pretty sure I've never tried (but positive, haha). I also got a "Chair Yoga with Weights" DVD with Carly somebody; I mostly got it for ideas for teaching, but it also has a kickboxing portion, so that sounded interesting. Otherwise, I got 3 books, a memoir & 2 books on Buddhism.

Hope "Moan Day" (to quote Pat) passed by painlessly!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 07:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics mini stretch on FB & Floor Stretch Class on zoom
~Neighbourhood walk
~Cardio: 30 min rebounding & 30 min on Maxi Glider
~Steps: 10,715

Beth - Dvds are are definitely on the decline these days. I hope you enjoy your book sale finds!

Sandra - Hope all goes smoothly with your car repair.

Pat - Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos! I hope you Enjoy Shakti Warrior, do keep us posted.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-20, 09:24 PM  
YogaGal

As you can imagine, I've been snowed under with work this month. I am WAY behind in keeping up with my VF buddies, but I often think of you all, especially when I am getting in a workout. I have been doing my usual Jessica's and KCM's, but have tried a few others here and there.

I did an old Amy Dixon 10-Minute Solution a couple of weeks ago that I'm leaning toward giving away. I just did the upper and lower body sets, but I found the movements too fast for my liking.

Today I did Jessica Smith's Fall Back into Fitness, Day 1 Total Body Strength (on YouTube). DH and I got in two outdoor workouts recently: a 2-mile walk last Thursday morning and on Sunday we did a 6.6 mile bike ride.

Speaking of seasons, we still feel like we’re in summer here. We finally got out of triple digits, but are in the mid to upper 90s when we should be in the 80s now. The good news is the nights are cooler, getting into the 60s. We had pretty much no rain during the time that is our summer monsoon; the meteorologists call it the “nonsoon.”

Sherry: Last spring I had trouble finding canned fire roasted tomatoes and then they finally got back in stock, but I guess I haven’t looked for them lately. I often get them at TJ’s also.

Sandra: Sorry about your Honda Fit. I had my battery light come on once with my old Camry and thought it was odd as my battery was less than a year old. Turned out it was trying to tell my I needed a new alternator. Hope you get yours up and running again soon.

Pat: So glad to hear that you survived that almost crash. I would definitely need a little yoga/meditation to calm down after that experience. I need to check out your photos.

Paine: For several years now, I’ve only felt comfortable driving at night when it is a familiar daytime route. And even then I try to limit nighttime driving; DH drives at night when we are both going out.

Linda: Sorry about your wrist and other issues going on now, but so happy that you have Meow Meow and your caring man to help you get along.

Beth: How nice to have a day off and to spend it shopping for books and dvds!

I'll try to catch up more with everyone else when I can! Waves to everyone!
Old 10-20-20, 08:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy birthday Pam!!!

Last night I attended the third of four Zoom yoga classes on the psoas. Some of the asana were repeats but with some interesting variations on the lunges. In one lunge you bend the back leg and grasp the foot with opposite hand ... that's something I can only "approximate the intention of the pose" as Shiva says. Then standing with two blocks on highest level, put one foot between the blocks and step back into "warrior legs" with front knee bent, twist some and bend forward with your hands on the blocks and torso level with the floor. That was a huge release. We did some reclining pigeon stuff and a nice series with the butt up on a bolster and stretching out the legs, then LUTW on the bolster.

It's good to see you check in Carolyn.

Beth, let us know how you like IntenSati, that's a relative oldie.

Sandra, I hope this repair on your Fit will last a long time. I remember when you and your brother were sharing The Beast.

Everyone please have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is an unplanned rest day. I just couldn't get going this morning and did some kitchen work instead.

Happy Birthday Dear Pam!!! Do you have any fun things planned for today?

Pat, I like hearing about your Zoom yoga class on the psoas.

Caroline, I think it's great that you go on bike rides and walks with your DH. On Sunday my DH went on a 46 mile bike ride, riding as fast and hard as he could. I admire his ability to workout so hard like that but sometimes I think he is a masochist!

Beth, it sounds like you got several nice items from the book sale. I hope you enjoy them.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:20 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The second half of Volume 2 of Margaret Richard's Perfect 10. Fairly typical exercises except for biceps curls done with stationary lunges. Next time I may do just the biceps curls standing and sub in something else for quads.

Just picked up my car. The dealership tested the alternator and other parts of the charging system several times throughout the day -- and found no problems! So while I had to pay for them to look at it, at least there was no costly repair. They also did a safety inspection and I got a free car wash.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR YOGAPAM!!

Pat58: My brother is still driving The Beast (a 1997 Toyota 4Runner which now has over 300K miles). He offered to lend it to me, but now that I have my Fit I really don't like driving it.

Carolyn: Glad you checked in! Our weather here has been pretty similar, but at least daytime highs in the low 90s are doable and like you our nights are cooler. Would sure love some rain but no sign of any yet.

Beth: DVDs are definitely on the wane, going the way of CDs. Our library system recently chose to stop circulating music CDs as there was little demand for them. However, I think we'll be keeping DVDs for a while -- many of our patrons tell me they can't afford cable, so our DVD collection is their main source of TV entertainment.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 08:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra I still use CDs, too. I didn't realize that your brother still has The Beast! Hope your Fit is back with you soon.

Paine I've definitely been having more off days of late. I can't seem to really get the hang of my current schedule with remote work, new yoga, and everything else.

Pat haha IntenSati is an oldie - that's why I thought I might have already tried it! I will try to get to it tomorrow.

Carolyn, LOL about the nonsoon! It rained ALL DAY here yesterday; DH and I wished we had the rain over the summer when we really needed it. Is your semester ending early at Thanksgiving?

Pam, hope you had a great b-day!

Looks like a busy week for me work-wise, so my posts might be drive-bys like this one.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 10-20-20, 08:52 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!
I’ve had a lovely day & right now my DH is busy cooking me a seafood feast.

I’ll be back tomorrow to post my workouts and chat.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 07:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Hump Day!

Follow me @YogiBethC