Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-21, 02:27 PM  
Garrie A.

Ok Kim, I gave Step Appeal another try this morning. Now? I absolutely LOVED it! This time I didn't have that much trouble catching on, and the choreography was an absolute blast. It's a tie between this one and B.E.S.T as my favorite Patrick step. I still have to try Not Your Momma's Step and Step My Way.

ChelePA: I teach at a local fitness center. When April comes I'll have been there two years. Funny story on how I got the job...I decided in 2019 to study for the AFAA exam and decided to try a live step class. It was taught by the fitness director (my boss and one of my new friends), and I had no trouble catching onto the choreography (some of which was very Cathe-ish: Salute Squat and Power 7's anyone?). I almost asked if she had heard of Cathe. She then asked if I had any interest in becoming an instructor. Then I told her about me studying for the AFAA exam, and she replied by telling me to go down to the front desk and ask for an application. I applied, and then a week later got the callback. In my interview I mentioned Cathe, and my boss and I had a total fangirl moment. I auditioned by doing some hi-lo, and got the job. The rest is history! I'm still thinking of your Mom. IMHO she should stay home.

Kim: My second job is part-time assistant manager at a community college bookstore. I've been there for four years. Started out as a temp, then a limited part-time position, and now assistant manager. Currently we are in spring semester rush, after coming back from Christmas break. Due to COVID we are only filling out online orders, and not letting students in. The campus is also closed to the public. Yes, BBL is Brazil Butt Lift.

Kittybug: To answer your question, I don't usually do the same workout repeatedly over a period of time. I'm a variety junkie. The only time I do workouts repeatedly are strength workouts in order to track my gains over a period of time. Cardio is a different story. When it comes to complex choreography, my rule is that if the third time isn't the charm (to clarify: if I can't get 90-100% by the third try), then the workout gets shelved. And I don't do workouts with a high dread factor. Life's too short to not enjoy your workouts. Butt that's just my philosophy.

Bee: I love Legs & Glutes and according to my workout card haven't done it since May of last year. My favorite Cathe lower body is Butts & Guts.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in