Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-04-13, 01:46 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
Here ya go!! It just a short sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYMDKO90ro
Thanks! It looks like some of the exercises are different from the old Ramp it Up (which I've been doing 3x a week for the past 2 weeks so I'm very familiar with Every. Single. Move. right now )

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 02:19 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
Here ya go!! It just a short sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXYMDKO90ro
hey, thanks so much!

that sample apparently features clips from Ramp and not the other 2. for those who have this new set, are the same 2 background cast members the same ones for the other 2 videos, "Start" and "Burn?"

was Slim in 6 pack and Slim & Limber also re-filmed?

sorry for all of the questions. i have the old Si6 and used it quite a bit along with SS. didn't use SSE too much.

i don't "need" a re-filmed series, but i kinda like the different music after having listened to the old ones forever!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 03:07 PM  
Lauracat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
Thanks! It looks like some of the exercises are different from the old Ramp it Up (which I've been doing 3x a week for the past 2 weeks so I'm very familiar with Every. Single. Move. right now )
Kate, is the 3x/week working out well? I did the old (video tape!) Slim in 6 a long time ago following the recommended 6x/week, and it was really too much for me. I've been thinking of trying the new one, 3-4x/week. Thanks!

Laura
Lauracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 03:11 PM  
cherimac

Yes, Slim and Limber and Slim and 6 pack were re-filmed too. The backgrounders for Start, Ramp, and Burn are all different.
Old 04-04-13, 03:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Yes, Slim and Limber and Slim and 6 pack were re-filmed too. The backgrounders for Start, Ramp, and Burn are all different.
thank you my dear!

those who have the new re-filmed version released in 2010, please post a review, and if you can compare new vs. old, that would be fantastic!!!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-13, 06:40 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauracat View Post
Kate, is the 3x/week working out well? I did the old (video tape!) Slim in 6 a long time ago following the recommended 6x/week, and it was really too much for me. I've been thinking of trying the new one, 3-4x/week. Thanks!
I'm pairing Sin6 with running 3x/week + stretching whenever I can fit it in, because I've found that increasing my running too much just gets me injured, but at my current level the fitness and shape-up gains are too gradual from just running. I did the short Start it Up for a week, then the old longer SiU the second week, and then moved on to Ramp it Up. The plan was to do RiU for two weeks, but I had a trade show last week that made working out impossible for most of it, so I'm doing my real second week now. Will decide whether I'm ready to move on to Burn it Up after Saturday's workout

It's manageable so far, though I found that I've had to slow down my running pace a bit or I'll tire much more quickly. I am seeing some results in my rear end and thighs, though they're not dramatic. The ab and waist work is definitely helping me run "taller," which is great.

One of the things that's kept me from doing a Sin6 rotation for more than a week or two in the past was the boredom of doing the same video every day, so spacing them out is definitely working better in that sense

HTH!

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-13, 05:29 AM  
SpiritSong

I received my Slim Series Express yesterday, and it was repackaged (as I suspected due to the sale price). CSE and CCE come on one disk along with 6-min. abs, and the second disk has CIOE with 6-min abs, and they come together in a cardboard case.

So now the entire Slim Series collection takes up the room of two DVD cases.

ETA - The calendar no longer has the Week 7-10 calendar for Slim in 6 people (which confused some people since there was a Week 1-4 calendar and Week 7-10 calendar). Now there are two Week 1-4 calendars: one for Slim in 6 people (using the SSex workouts, Burn It Up, and Slim & Limber), and one for Slim Series people.

Tags
slim in 6, slim series express