Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-12, 03:16 PM  
cherimac

I love my Skechers Shape Ups ( I wear the fitness model). I bought them solely for my flat fee and they really do help with fatigue. I don't think I'll ask for a refund either, since I didn't buy them for any toning benefit. But, if others want to apply for the refund that's fine with me. It's an individual decision for sure.
Old 05-16-12, 04:41 PM  
cam522

Wow, I'm sorry I threw mine out. I wore them exclusively when I wasn't working out and I blame them for my PF, I never had any kind of problems before I bought them.

...Cheryl
cam522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 05:44 PM  
Harantwanders

Thank you for posting.

I have a pair I don't like wearing as I am a fall risk now, apparently, afraid they may put me off balance.

I bought them because I really like the way they look.
Harantwanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 06:49 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
Did anybody ever get the Reebok refund?
The deadline to file your Reebok claim was mid-April, so it will probably be a few months after that before any settlement payouts are received. I filed a claim back in September 2011.
Old 05-16-12, 06:59 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I'm still waiting to hear about the Reebok Easy Tone suit that I'm part of. It seems like ages ago I joined that !
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 10:57 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I had a pair of these, but have since gotten rid of them. I liked them at first, but the more I wore them, the more I felt uncomfortable in them. I just kept feeling like my balance was not stable, and I might trip or something. I tend to be a bit clumsy, so this is not unusual for me, lol. My mom bought a pair, and could not wear them, they really bothered her knees. Not really suprised to find out the claims were nothing but a "gimmick."

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 11:23 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
I had a pair of these, but have since gotten rid of them. I liked them at first, but the more I wore them, the more I felt uncomfortable in them. I just kept feeling like my balance was not stable, and I might trip or something. I tend to be a bit clumsy, so this is not unusual for me, lol. My mom bought a pair, and could not wear them, they really bothered her knees. Not really suprised to find out the claims were nothing but a "gimmick."

Sherry
This is exactly what happened to me. I thought they were really comfortable at first but when I used them, over time, I could feel my knees getting torqued and even my ankles due to the unstable surface. So then I bought a pair "the accelerator" I think it was called with less of the instability and it still happened. I never thought they were going to make me lose a bunch of weight but I did fall for the claim they might help tone a little bit in the legs and butt. I guess I'm the only gullible idiot here who fell for the claim...
Old 05-17-12, 11:48 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
This is exactly what happened to me. I thought they were really comfortable at first but when I used them, over time, I could feel my knees getting torqued and even my ankles due to the unstable surface. So then I bought a pair "the accelerator" I think it was called with less of the instability and it still happened. I never thought they were going to make me lose a bunch of weight but I did fall for the claim they might help tone a little bit in the legs and butt. I guess I'm the only gullible idiot here who fell for the claim...
That's why I ultimately bought the fitness version. They're not as high and have less instability. They're FABULOUS for my flat feet but since this has all come up I better enjoy the two pairs I have, lol~Skechers may be no more.
Old 05-17-12, 11:58 AM  
mtngoat

So in order to take part in this action, does one have to sign an affidavit confirming that their butt is as saggy as ever?

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-12, 12:03 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
So in order to take part in this action, does one have to sign an affidavit confirming that their butt is as saggy as ever?
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ftc, skechers, skechers shape-ups