Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-12, 02:25 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia View Post
What is #10 SD Xtreme??
I believe it is Chris Freytag's 10 Pound Slimdown Extreme.

Thankyou for posting the article. Thats very interesting!!! i am the saddlebag queen. - and Slim in 6 always swelled me up like a balloon.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia View Post
What is #10 SD Xtreme??
10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme, led by Chris Freytag: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...essDVD-Program
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 04:43 PM  
blueskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I've found that I really have to avoid anything with lots of lower body, ironically, in order to get the legs I want. I get my slimmest legs - which is what *I* am looking for - when doing light cardio and floor work/barre/fusion. I had a terrible winter trying to do Tracy Long, Debbie Siebers and Jari Love. Ugh! For the results I want, less on my lower body is definitely more.
You and I seem to have similar body types/goals, sunday. I think you can understand my frustration at working hard and being disappointed in the results. I may have asked you this before, but what are some of your lower body workout recs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou for posting the article. Thats very interesting!!! i am the saddlebag queen. - and Slim in 6 always swelled me up like a balloon.
I'm glad you (and everyone else who read it) appreciated the article and found it useful. And you and I definitely had similar reactions to Si6! There is nothing quite like working hard and not being rewarded for it.

The more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to get back into walking more often to take care of my lower body. I posted in another thread discussing the benefits of walking and mentioned a woman around my home town who walks everywhere--has kept consistent with it for 2 years--and is sporting fantastic looking legs. She is not doing any other sort of training for her lower body. Our varied terrain of streets provides a balanced, complete lower body workout that seems to be doing the trick for her. Only problems that I can see are the ones she's told me she's run into--safety concerns, cat callers, bad parts of town, etc. (even small town life has its bad parts). Maybe I'll focus on treadmill walking when I'm alone and around town walking when I can buddy up with someone.

Anyone have any other walking success stories?

PACE Express rotation: completed 11/14/12

Life is a wonderful thing even with the difficulties that are sprinkled in.
~little bird from VF

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean
blueskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 04:49 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme, led by Chris Freytag: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...essDVD-Program
Yes, it's Chris Freytag's program. I've done two one-month rotations now, and I love what it's done for my arms/shoulders, but that outer thigh bulge is definitely from her workouts. I'm hoping that a combo of BBL and Pop Physique will get rid of it.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 09:34 PM  
Diana3271

I have changed my rotation. I am not familiar with proper rotation protocol, but this is what I am doing. It seems to be working for me. This is what 8 days looks like. I know we have 7 days in a week, but this is what it looks like for me. Then I rotate back through it again. I go as heavy as I can with all of the weights.

DAY 1: #10 SD Xtreme Upper Body + Short Cardio
DAY 2: Long Cardio
DAY 3: Cardio w/weights (like Bob Harper's UCB, Mitch Gaylord's Melt It Off, Life Force) Do not add cardio because these are longer workouts
DAY 4: Long Cardio
DAY 5: #10 SD Xtreme Total Body + Short Cardio
DAY 6: Long Cardio
DAY 7: Cardio w/weights (like Bob Harper's UCB, Mitch Gaylord's Melt It off, Life Force) Do not add cardio because these are longer workouts
DAY 8: Long Cardio

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 02:33 AM  
ilovemybirds

Inchworm, I just saw your question tonight. What worked for me for floorwork and pilates was any of Margaret Richard's floorwork (it's very tough). A couple of the 10 Minute Solutions workouts (10 MS Pilates and 10 MS Pilates Perfect Body) have pretty good pilates lower body routines. Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt is also a really good lower body workout. Mari Winsor does have some good pilates lower body routines, but I've never really clicked with her, so I keep buying, trading in, reacquiring her dvds, etc... I may buy a couple of her dvds and just keep them. She does some clam exercises that I really like. My overall routine that worked was one day a week of cardio with some squats and lunges (such as Tracey Mallett's Total Body Blasts on her blue Quick Blast dvd), two-three days a week of weights (which was usually Margaret Richard), two days of low impact cardio, such as a Leslie workout, and two-three Tracey Mallett core workouts. I plan on getting back to that routine very soon, because I really was happy with the results. However, I'll probably still take a Body Pump class once a week, because I really do like Body Pump.
ilovemybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 09:08 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
In perusing the internet for solutions, I came across this excellent article by Rusty Moore on limiting strength training in the lower body if you want to reduce size/not get bigger. Wise words, and ones I intend to apply as I move forward in my own training.
Upon thinking about this last night, now I am upset. I want to get leaner (especially lower body) but also be "cut". Is this article implying thats not realistic? (I could be wrong). I don't think I could ever be willowy if I tried, but I do have goals of a more cut physique opne of these days.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 09:44 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

If you don't mind dated-looking workouts, would any of you consider Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout? You use very light weights (2 or 3 lbs) but it is highly effective at achieving definition. There are some squats but no lunges and there's a long floorwork section that's very effective. (Karen adds ankle weights but you don't have to.)

It's a long workout (85m) but is chaptered so that it can be divided into two (or more workouts). Matter of fact I'm going to drag my copy out too!
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Kare...-DVD-p/964.htm
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 10:48 AM  
sunday

Blueskies, I have the best results when I do light cardio, like Leslie or rebounding, and then something for toning. I usually do some type of cardio daily. For seven months I did daily Leslie, and it was awesome for my legs! Now that I have my new rebounder I am adding in that, although Leslie is also very doable on it!

As for what workouts specifically I did, I have the best results when I rotate through and spend lots of time on floor work/Pilates/barre. Here are some I have used with success:

TA Meta Hip
Ballet Beautiful
Supermodel Butt and Thighs
Tracey Mallett's Pilates Super Sculpt
Miranda's Legs and Butt
Piloxing Express Toning

I just received the three Pop Physiques and am going to be doing those for a while, alternating with Ballet Beautiful, which has superb floor work.

As for being "cut," I feel *my* legs did look cut this winter with lots of cardio and floor work. I could clearly see the muscle striations, something I had never been able to do before. However, my legs were thin, which I prefer, rather than muscular. Think Ana Brett-like legs; long and thin but shapely. I took a detour away from this rotation, stupidly, and now need to get my gains back, so to speak.

HTH!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-12, 07:19 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
If you don't mind dated-looking workouts, would any of you consider Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout? You use very light weights (2 or 3 lbs) but it is highly effective at achieving definition. There are some squats but no lunges and there's a long floorwork section that's very effective. (Karen adds ankle weights but you don't have to.)

It's a long workout (85m) but is chaptered so that it can be divided into two (or more workouts). Matter of fact I'm going to drag my copy out too!
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Kare...-DVD-p/964.htm
Thanks for mentioning this one, Gina! I bought it ages ago when someone mentioned it, and never did it. I'll have to pull it out.

Deana, it sounds like you got some good results from that rotation! I don't have any Leslie workouts, but may give them a try.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leslie target kits, lower body, results, si6, slim in 6