Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-11, 05:04 AM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof5 View Post
Ruth, I just came across this at ya-ya's, it's a breakdown of all the different Slim workouts: http://yayavideoreviews.yuku.com/forums/58

I hope the link works! At least you can get an idea of the exercises in each workout before you buy!
Thanks! Now I've got something to read

Thanks everyone else. I guess Shape, Tone and Mix are definitely on my list. Tear didn't appeal to me. Firm may be overkill (I love the idea of a killer lower body workout, but doing it... )

Anyway, I'll read those reviews, Christine.

Thanks again, everyone!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 11:12 AM  
furmomof6

Anyone interested in starting a SI6/Slim Series check-in? I plan to start the workouts on Monday.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:02 PM  
topfitmama

Christine,
I'm doing Slim in 6 alternating with barre.
I'd be happy to join you if you don't mind seeing P57 every other day for the next couple of weeks!
If I can get hold of some Slim Series workouts, I might try doing only SS+Sin6 for a while, see what it does for me!
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 05:11 PM  
furmomof6

Ruth, no problem! I was thinking of alternating SS with Classical Stretch and some cardio for now. I was also planning on using SS and SI6 together as well, so it won't be a "formal" rotation from the program guide using only SS or only SI6. I'll start a thread on Monday! Maybe others will join!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 07-23-11, 06:22 PM  
shelleyann

I have them all, even the Express Series, and I actually really like both Express workouts!
Shape it Up and Tone it Up are primarily toning I'm pretty sure, but the others have a cardio component. I wish I could tell you which one was my favorite, but I didn't mark on them to remember the different details. If I recall correctly, Firm It Up was not one of my favorites, but the others were all good, including Keep It Up.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-11, 06:34 PM  
cherimac

I'm thinking of doing a Slim Series Rotation for the month of August and the next week. I'm going to do a hybrid with some Erin O'Brien workouts thrown in there too. I'll check in with you guys!
Old 07-23-11, 07:02 PM  
shelleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I'm thinking of doing a Slim Series Rotation for the month of August and the next week. I'm going to do a hybrid with some Erin O'Brien workouts thrown in there too. I'll check in with you guys!
Will you use that for cardio also? How often a week will you do them, do you think?

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
Old 07-23-11, 07:27 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Great!

Old 07-24-11, 06:46 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
Will you use that for cardio also? How often a week will you do them, do you think?
Shelley I'm going to throw some cardio in there too.
Old 07-24-11, 08:09 AM  
shelleyann

I have some Leslie's I want to do in August (well, by the time I get back from vacation) but maybe I can join in the rotation and just add that in for cardio. Keep me posted!

Tags
debbie siebers, slim in 6 (2010), slim series, slim series express