Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-10, 03:10 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Kettlebells plus Zuzana's Bodyweight circuits

equal an awesome workout.

While on vacation, I combined Cotter's kettlebell circuit or AOS Providence with Zuzana's 500 rep workout. I alternated between kettlebell exercises and bodyweight exercises.

This morning after a short cardio warm up, I did this combo with Zuzana's 550 workout. It was an awesome and tough workout. I clocked in just under 54 minutes:

Kettlebell 15 Reps + 550 Killer Reps

There are 11 exercises in this workout and you will do 50 reps

for each of them.

1a-Two handed kettlebell swings-15 reps

1b. Backward Lunge Kick Up (25 reps on each leg)
Start by lunging backwards. Don’t let your knee go over your toes and keep your chest high and abs tight. Rise up and kick the back leg up as high as you can. This counts as one rep. Do 25 on each leg.

2a-One handed kettlebell swings-15 reps each arm

2b. Walk Over Push Ups – 50 reps
Get into position and do one push up. Then get back into plank and walk with your feet and your hands one step over to the side. Perform another push up and then walk back over to the side where you started from. Each push up counts as one rep. Do 50 reps total. If you can’t continue to do regular push ups, then go down onto your knees, but just remember that you will have to get up on your toes again to walk over to the side.

3a-Kettlebell cleans-15 reps

3b. Mountain Climber – 50 reps
Get into the starting position and then just jump up to switch legs. Do 50 reps total.

4a-Kettlbebell chest presses-15 reps

4b. Sumo Squats Knee Up – 50 reps
Stand with your feet wide apart and squat down. Bring your weight towards one side and bring one knee up. Return to the sumo squat again and do the same on the other side. Each knee up counts as one rep. Do 50 reps total.

5a-Kettlebell sumo squats-15 reps

5b. One Leg Bridge Leg Lift – 50 reps
Lay on your exercise mat and put both feet flat on the ground. Lift your hips up, so that your shins are vertical to the ground and your thighs parallel to the floor. Extend one leg out and raise it up so that your toes are pointing toward the sky. Lower your leg down and then repeat 25 times. Do the same thing on the other leg.

6a-Kettlebell one legged deadlifts-15 reps

6b. Side to Side Squat Leg Lift – 50 reps
Stand with your feet wide apart and squat down. Bring your weight to one leg and lift the other leg up and extend it. Put the leg down and now shift the weight to the other side and repeat.

Do 50 reps total.

7a-Kettlebell Windmills-15 reps each side

7b. One Arm Side Push Up
Lay on your side and place your hand on the floor next to your bottom shoulder. Place the hand of the bottom arm on your top shoulder. Now push with your hand into the ground to bring your upper body up and extend the elbow. Do 25 push ups on each side.

8a-Kettlebell Clean & Presses-15 reps each side

8b. Star Crunch – 50 reps
Lay on your back and lift your extended legs up towards the sky. Extend your arms out and above your head. Lift your upper body up and reach with your hands forward between your legs. Open your legs wide and then bring them together again as you lay back down.

9a-Kettlebell tactical lunges-15 reps each side

9b. Diagonal Touch Down – 25 reps on each side
Position yourself in a straddle stance and shift your weight towards the back leg as you squat down to touch the ground right next to your back foot. Rise up and twist your body in the opposite direction as you reach with both of your arms up towards the sky. Do 25 reps on each side.

10a-Kettlebell Triple Crush-15 reps

10b. Side Plank Lifts – 50 reps
Get into the starting position (see the picture above). Your supporting hand should be right underneath your shoulder. Don’t shrug your shoulders. Your legs are extended and crossed for better balance. Lift your hips up so that you create a straight line with your legs and upper body. Lower your hips down again – this counts as one rep. Do 25 reps on each side.

11a-Kettlebell Sling Shots-15 reps

11b. One Leg Wall Sit – 25 reps on each leg
Sit with your back against a wall so that your thighs are parallel
to the ground and your knees are above your ankles. Extend one
leg out and start pulsing up and down. Do 25 small pulses on
each leg.

12th set-Kettlebell One Arm Rows-15 reps each side
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 03:30 PM  
Kathy T

Wow, that sounds fun!

Debbie, I don't have any of Cotter's DVDs. I hope you don't mind if I copy and attempt this variation for next Monday's KB workout?!

...and it really does sound fun and challenging.
Old 02-06-10, 03:37 PM  
kali1

Wow Deb! That looks killer.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 03:55 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Kathy, please feel free to do this workout. That's why I posted it. I think it would be fun if we all posted our combinations that we come up with.

Here's a link to the clip for the 550 workout so you can see how the exercises are executed:

550 Killer Reps

Any of Zuzana's total bodyweight workouts will work. Sometimes the kettlebell exercises that I choose just complements the bodyweight circuit that I picked really well.

Kali, combining kettlebell exercises with Zuzana's circuits is tough, but boy are they great workouts.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 04:02 PM  
afirmrose

Wow! This looks good. I saved it to my computer. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 04:04 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Kathy, please feel free to do this workout. That's why I posted it. I think it would be fun if we all posted our combinations that we come up with.

Here's a link to the clip for the 550 workout so you can see how the exercises are executed:

550 Killer Reps

Any of Zuzana's total bodyweight workouts will work. Sometimes the kettlebell exercises that I choose just complements the bodyweight circuit that I picked really well.

Kali, combining kettlebell exercises with Zuzana's circuits is tough, but boy are they great workouts.
I betcha. I love adding Zuzana's workouts but I haven't adding those with KB's yet. I'll have to do that
Old 02-06-10, 04:08 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Debbie, You are super-tough !!! I have to investigate Zuzana , is she coming out with dvds too ? I had a look at the wk clips she has and they are great workouts !
Old 02-06-10, 04:16 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by editstein View Post
Debbie, You are super-tough !!! I have to investigate Zuzana , is she coming out with dvds too ? I had a look at the wk clips she has and they are great workouts !
Hey Sam -

Zuzana isn't coming out with DVDs yet. I hope this is in her future plans
Old 02-06-10, 04:36 PM  
suegy3

Wow! That's a killer workout! Definitely something to aspire to.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 04:53 PM  
Kathy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post

550 Killer Reps

Yeah but you're so much more creative! I do push-ups between kb sets (that way I'm nearer to the floor in case I pass out). I've put-off moving my pull-up bar and my TRX attachment upstairs to my new workout area...because it is SO MUCH work and would take SO MUCH time!..otherwise I'd alternate those with kbs.

Tags
body weight exercises, kettlebells, zuzana