Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-07, 01:41 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
evidently Jane C was not a fan, but I don't know where her thread is so I can't use it to help. For me, the only thing holding me back is the price.
$30 is a lot for one workout but the DVD actually has two workouts and then three extra exercises in the Custom Squeeze section. I think this is why BB and other companies find it necessary to put short workouts on separate DVDs. It makes it look like you're getting more for your money.

Helen
Old 04-24-07, 01:55 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S
$30 is a lot for one workout but the DVD actually has two workouts and then three extra exercises in the Custom Squeeze section. I think this is why BB and other companies find it necessary to put short workouts on separate DVDs. It makes it look like you're getting more for your money.

Helen
That makes a lot of sense, there is just a 'feeling' of getting more when they show this bunch of DVDs that you will be getting for your money, you feel like you are getting a 'set', when many single DVDs have just as many workouts or premixes that amount to workouts.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 02:24 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

RedFlame's still talking? Didn't you tell her the rules once already?

I'd prefer a dvd. I'm iffy on following oral instructions. I can easily do what I can see.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 02:41 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

From Lexy:

"I'd prefer a dvd. I'm iffy on following oral instructions. I can easily do what I can see"

me too.
Nice to see someone else sweating or in pain along with me!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 02:46 PM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Quote:
evidently Jane C was not a fan, but I don't know where her thread is so I can't use it to help. For me, the only thing holding me back is the price.
I wouldn't say I'm "not a fan" - I just felt the need to throw in some caveats. I think $30+ is pricey. On the other other hand the dvd is well chaptered and kind of "straight up" user friendly. I find the off-the-count thing disturbing -you might not, I found the level to be moderate, and I'm not all charmed on a personality level - but that doesn't mean you won't be. I think its underinstructed, but that also means its not *over* instructed, the way Bar Method is. If Squeeze were $9.99 at DDD I'd have no hesitation recommending it. At the current price I just can't give it a strong "buy!" On the other hand I think you could easily trade or resell it.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 03:28 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy
RedFlame's still talking? Didn't you tell her the rules once already?
Lexy, you have the highest post count here at 33. RedFlame is tied for second (with ssgilby) at 18!

I'm glad Jane C chimed in with her opinion. Gee if EVERYONE raves and raves about something, I almost get suspicious. No workout is perfect! Personally, I prefer doing the supine work with my feet on the floor, not on the wall. I also have back problems doing the ab work in the main workout.
Old 04-24-07, 03:40 PM  
ssgilby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
Lexy, you have the highest post count here at 33. RedFlame is tied for second (with ssgilby) at 18!

I'm glad Jane C chimed in with her opinion. Gee if EVERYONE raves and raves about something, I almost get suspicious. No workout is perfect! Personally, I prefer doing the supine work with my feet on the floor, not on the wall. I also have back problems doing the ab work in the main workout.
Well, I at least have purchased and done this w/o, so I get to post all I want. Red still needs to pony up and buy the vid! (Love ya', Red!)

BTW, Diane, I feel the same way about supine work. I just do NOT feel the burn unless I keep my feet on the floor - not with Tracy, not with Grace, no one. I can't figure out why that is exactly, but I'm glad I'm not alone!
Old 04-24-07, 03:48 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Oooooooooooooops, I did not see 'the rule', LOL!! Jane, this is my last allowed post (wink) so I will say, the price really is the deal for me too. I just have so darn much stuff right now that I want to do, and can't even get to, since I spend so much time with the X (no complaints, I love me my X ) so I figure if there are ANY negatives, I would rather skip for now. I am waiting for Xflowsion already. If anything, I would probably rather spend the money on something from PHH or Masters or something. What HAS Tony done to me???? Although, this lower body stuff, it does draw me in because my legs have looked better than ever since eschewing the heavy LB work. OK, well, *sniff* I will mosey on outta here *sniff* but I can still LURKE!!!!!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 04:06 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom
Did you take my remark seriously? Geez, I hope not. I was just getting in on the pick-on-Red fun.

And because people asked me questions since I was one of the first to get and review the dvd, I posted. That's not OK with you?
Old 04-24-07, 04:09 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Quote:
OK, well, *sniff* I will mosey on outta here *sniff* but I can still LURKE!!!!!
NO! You're too much fun!

I want to here about Xflowsion when you get it BTW. Cuz I didn't buy.

Tags
squeeze, tracy effinger