Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-21, 10:12 AM  
buffmama

Did EPIC I Day 24 Full Body DB Workout. These can seem easier than the splits since less time is spent on each muscle group. But not easy by any stretch of the imagination!
Old 01-24-21, 11:28 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Saturday and Sunday are my off days. I worked out Saturday bc I overslept Friday. It's all because you gals said it was FUN. Yes, I did Day 15 Epic 2 FUN fullbody. It was fun AND work...
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-21, 02:15 PM  
ChelePA

So I decided to try another workout since I liked Friday’s workout so much. I chose Low Impact Full Body—Bodyweight only. She has several. This one was from August 7, 2020. She does use yoga blocks to activate different leg muscles and wow you feel it! I really liked this workout. She alternates abs between each section. They are the only exercises that are repeated. She starts with lower body then upper body followed by lower again and then she goes through several balance moves that involve total body. Even she was struggling on a few exercises. I loved the slow concentrated pace. It allows you to go deeper into the move. Excellent music too! I’m still up in the air whether I like music only. Each exercise is done for 50 seconds with a 10 second break. You can definitely hear the timer beeping so you know when it begins and ends. For some reason, I really enjoy a few motivational words as I’m working out. Not too much talking I think Cathe is excellent in this area.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 07:49 AM  
buffmama

Rest day for me. I did pilates and yin yoga. Would love to get some cardio in but it's doubtful.
Old 01-25-21, 09:09 AM  
Erica H.

I did Epic 2 Arms today. It was a good workout and tough, but I'm not a big fan of spending so much time on just biceps/triceps.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:26 AM  
ChelePA

So I decided to conquer Caroline's Supersets Hiit routine today that she posted yesterday. It's around 30 minutes.

From her channel:
The timer will be on for 20 seconds, straight into 20 seconds another exercise before 20 seconds rest! We will perform each superset two times!

All you will need is a mat and a bottle of water handy! Maybe open the windows too!

She recommended a Cardio/Hiit warm-up. It was around 9 minutes. It felt a little more intense than a regular warm-up. She started off with jumping jacks and ended with rolling burpees. I was sweating in the first 5 minutes. Haha. This hiit routine was a total body workout. I liked the variety. It was tough especially if you go as deep as she does with each move. Also, the music has been very good so far for every routine I have chosen, which is definitely a plus and the reason I return. Only negative for me is that I miss hearing the instructor but this seems the new way of teaching on YouTube...oh well.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 10:03 AM  
kaykay

Good Morning,

I did cardio dumbell full body Sun. Today I did The slowburn. I really like her workouts. The only music is great. Keep letting me know about all the other workouts. Fun to have such variety.
kaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 07:01 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

No Caroline today. I decided time to go back to my Kettlebell. Art of Strength Providence for Monday.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:02 AM  
bex

I've had a cold so took a week off from Caroline, resting and doing yoga when I could.

Yesterday I felt better and encouraged myself to jump back into EPIC where I left off, with Day 19 Full Body (Dumbbell Complexes).

Wowza, that seems to have chased the cold away! I only used 12.5lb weights (Caroline uses 10kg) but I was literally dripping sweat on my mat. Much more metabolic than the previous few splits, which I'd put in the 'slow and heavy' category. The only exercises where I had to pause to reset were the bodyweight ones that I always struggle with - renegade rows and pushups.

Glad I did it, as it assures me I haven't lost that much strength and I can keep going.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 12:06 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I seem closer to Caroline's weights for lower body than upper - I was using 20 lbs.
Impressive! I have arthritis in my hands and am slowly building up strength to hold heavier weights. Caroline is also helping with that, but there is no way I could hold 20's for an entire workout. Even with the rests, my grip would just give out. So I go with what I can hold and do what I can.

Welcome to all the new joiners! Great to have so many VFer's here who mix Caroline in with other workouts.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle