Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-31-20, 08:47 PM  
Diana3271

Talking January 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 08:08 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

2020 was a year of transition for me. I am hoping to be more focused and to get in a comfortable routine. I have missed the workout routine I was in when I worked out in the office. I used to post my workouts on a calendar and continued this until we retired. I bought another "workout" calendar so I can try to start back. If it doesn't happen, it was only $1, LOL.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-01-21, 12:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy New Year

Diana, thanks for starting our year!

Check-in: 21DF Pilates. I've been doing my workout after coffee but before breakfast. That really works best for me. If I have breakfast and then wait for it to digest, that gives me plenty of time for distractions & excuses. If I don't wait, I regret it & don't feel good.

My new year's resolution is to get the vaccination as soon as it's available for me.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 04:57 PM  
seabliss

Poor Sherry -- what she shared on the GD is so heavy -- my prayers are with her and her son.

Cheryl
Old 01-01-21, 08:03 PM  
seabliss

Back again - I did a short toned arms workout with Heather Robertson, but I used 8s to her 5s (it took me a while to figure that out) so it was more challenging! Also walked outdoors. It was beautiful and low 70s today. A refreshing start to a new year.

Cheryl
Old 01-01-21, 09:53 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Reps to the Rhythm Retro Cardio Workout 1900 steps in 15 minutes and Classical Stretch Rebalance your Connective Tissue

Have a Blessed evening

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-02-21, 08:00 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Today we are taking down the Christmas decorations at church and washing windows. We are getting new blinds for the church.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-02-21, 02:28 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

It's been raining off & on. DD said she felt a small earthquake this morning. I slept through it. Looked it up online: 6:42 A.M., magnitude 4.3, about 40 miles away from home.

Check-in: 21DF Cardio. I kept it low impact, but wore my weighted belt and held 1 lb weights.

Sending hugs to Lynn.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 08:32 PM  
seabliss

Today I did two Heather Robertson bodyweight workouts: The Best At-Home Booty Workout (very Pilates) and Inner and Outer Thigh Slimming Workout.

We still need to take down our Christmas tree. I took all the other decorations down, but we spent a lot of time helping DD clean and work on her room (get artwork on the walls, etc.). Tomorrow we will tackle the tree.

Cheryl
Old 01-02-21, 09:06 PM  
lynnf

Hi all, my dad passed on Dec. 31. I had 5 days with him before he passed and all his kids were able to be with him and talk to him before he passed and his granddaughter. He could not speak, but at least for the first few days, he clearly responded to things I said. I had the time to tell him the things I wanted to tell him and say my goodbyes fully. There were some very beautiful moments and sad moments. My brother played the piano for them. I played some of my father's favorite aria to him on my phone and sang some prayers to him. We shared a lot of memories. My DH drove me the whole way there (1400 miles) and back (longer because we had to reroute due to ice storms) and refused to let me drive even a mile. We are home and safe, but getting tested tomorrow. Covid makes death a lot harder because we had to fear getting infected on top of everything and couldn't hug or touch our family members. My mom's dementia has made her oblivious to it all. We were advised to just tell her dad went out and that has seemed to work and spare her grief.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote