Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-20, 01:10 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Winter Solstice 2020/New Year 2021 Sadhana check in, all welcome!

A warm welcome to all!

Winter Solstice 2020 is Dec 21 at 2:02 AM PST

Sadhana is a daily spiritual and/or physical practice often with a specific focus or goal in mind. It’s usually associated with yoga, but can also include Qi Gong, meditation, daily readings, or a combination of all. It is often 40 days, but can be any length you chose. It’s also an opportunity to share our favorite practices and learn from each other.

Some of us will start on Solstice & others on Jan 1. There is no pressure or obligation to check in every day. There are no rules here!

2020 has been a bumpy ride to say the least, let’s ring in the new year with hope that 2021 will bring better days!

Please feel welcome to roll out your mat & join in!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 06:22 AM  
Izzy

Thank you Pam:
This is favorite day of the year as now there’s hope and longer days and daylight will slowly move towards us. This will be my daily log.
Stay well everyone.

December 21-QiGong Challenge, Day 1, Yoga with Adriene/standing flow.
December 22-QiGong Challenge, Day 2, Bodybyyoga/22 min flow
December 23-QiGoong Challenge Day 3
December 24-Qi Gong Challenge Day 4, Kassandra/Morning Flow
December 25- Qi Gong Challenge Day 5
December 26-Qi Gong Challenge Day 6
December 27-Insight Timer/Morning Meditation 10 mins
December 28-Insight Time/Mountain Meditation (did this on my 8pm walk)
December 29-Insight Timer/Welcome New Year (While I was shoveling snow and ice. Ice everywhere, and that is no exaggeration).
December 30-Kassandra/Standing balance flow
December 31-Morning yoga stretch
January 1-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, yoga stretches
January 2-Bodybyyoga/stretch
January 3-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Insight Time/Meditation/During my walk, yoga stretches
January 4-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Bodybyyoga/stretch, QiGong Day 7 and Day 8
January 5-daily reading/Mother Teresa, Holden QiGong/Better Balance
January 6-daily reading/Mother Teresa, Bodybyyoga/balance flow
January 7-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Yoga stretch (can’t remember who I did).
January 8-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 9 and 10
January 9-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong/Day 10, 11, accidentally did 10 twice, Jane Adams/Balance
January 10-Daily reading/Mother Teresa QiGong Day 12
January 11-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Bodybyyoga/yoga stretch
January 12-Daily reading/Mother Teresa,
January 13-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 13, Kassandra/Morning Stretch and Flow
January 14-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Kassandra/Morning Flow
January 15-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Sarah Star/Chair yoga/Stretch
January 16-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Sarah Star/Chair yoga/Yoga for Energy
January 17-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Sarah Star Chair Yoga
January 18-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Sarah Star Chair Yoga/Full body yoga stretch
January 19-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Challenge Day 14
January 20-Daily reading/Mother Teresa, Kassandra/Standing balance flow on the beach
January 21-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Sarah Beth Yoga/Standing Balance/Flow
January 22-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 15
January 23-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Ellen Barrett/Affirmation Flow
January 24-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa
January 25-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 16
January 26-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Morning Yoga Stretch (can't remember who)
January 27-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 17
January 28-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Standing yoga stretch (10 Mins). I need to write down these instructors. I get to work and I am like huh???
January 29-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, 30 mins Chair yoga/Full body stretch
January 30-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 18
January 31-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa
February 1-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 19
February 2-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 20
February 3-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, 15 mins Chair yoga.
February 4-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, A lot of shoveling after work so I did yoga stretches and PT after.
February 5-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Morning Posture and balance
February 6-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Full body
February 7-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Hip Flexibility
February 8-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Perfect Morning
February 9-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Core Strength and Spine
February 10-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Upper body
February 11-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Manflowyoga/Ready to balance
February 12-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Yogafix/1
February 13-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong Day 21
February 14-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa
February 15-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Yogafix/2
February 16-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, QiGong 22
February 17-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Lent Reading/Day 1, Yoga Fix/3
February 18-Daily Reading/Mother Teresa, Lent Reading/Day 2
Old 12-21-20, 06:40 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Happy Solstice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
...This is favorite day of the year as now there’s hope and longer days and daylight will slowly move towards us. ...
I agree !!

I had a lovely start. I woke super-early & was awake for the actual Solstice moment. I have candles lit throughout my home as a symbolic welcome to the return of the Sun.

I planned to stick with Do Yoga With Me challenges/series but their website was glitchy this morning. After multiple attempts, I gave up & moved over to my other streaming subscription. My focus for this Sadhana is to build strength and gently challenge myself.

Movement for Modern Life
The Strength Challenge
#1 / DAYTIME ENERGY BOOST
Clive Fogelman

When I clicked on the class, I saw it was listed as Intermediate / Advanced (I've only done Beginner classes ..). Tired of clicking thru videos, I decided just to click “play” and hang in as long as possible or do my own thing. I’m happy I did so, it was very attemptable. Clive gave so many tips; plenty of variations to stay within my capabilities. This class was all ab-focused, about 6 different poses done multiple times. I really liked it! (Though this was more like an ab "workout" rather than a traditional yoga class sequence.)

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 09:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning and thank you for starting us off Pam!

I haven't started my sadhana yet, but yesterday afternoon I attended a Zoom Winter Solstice workshop through my yoga studio. We started with a tea ceremony, then settled in with our blankets and props while she gave a talk about embracing the yin time of year during the darkest days. After that she led us through a long guided meditation about clearing out bad happenings and energy blockages from this year, and preparing for lengthening days and a new year. For the finale, she pulled a tarot card for anyone who requested. The card she pulled for me was uncannily related to some of the images in my mind during meditation.

Looking forward to reading about what you are all up to!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 09:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Congrats to those who are starting today!

I'm actually doing a solstice practice at noon today (from Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy), but I don't plan to officially kick off my sadhana until 1/1.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 10:08 AM  
Ilde

Hi Everyone and thank you, Pam, for starting this check in.
Even though winter is here to stay for quite some time, it is comforting to know that little by little we are heading for longer days.

Day 1:
Scott Cole - Discover Tai Chi for Back Care
Happy Yoga - Chair Yoga to Boost Your Energy

Both practices felt lovely.
Ilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 10:18 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's Winter Sadhana: Yoga, Gratitude and Meditation

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

Day 1 Dec 21 Gratitude: my aunt is going home from the hospital today (had to return due to covid complications) Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 1 (even though I've been doing yoga for two decades, beginner practices are nice for early morning, which is when I intend to do these.) Meditation: Getting a Good Night's Sleep part 6 (Insight Timer), Winter Solstice 2020 Meditation on YT, posted upthread Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 16

Day 2 Dec 22 Gratitude: for my sweet dog Cyric who comes with his own challenges but is always there for me and gives me so much love; for a nice warm house that I love and a wonderful kitchen that is my happy place; for supportive family and friends Yoga: Yoga by Candace Quick Total Body Couch Yoga Meditation: Getting a Good Night's Sleep part 7 (IT), Winter Solstice Meditation (IT) Other:

Day 3 Dec 23 Gratitude: for wonderful and supportive forum friends, for trees, for brisk walks with Cyric Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 2 Meditation: A Christmas Blessing (IT) Other:

Day 4 Dec 24 Gratitude:my husband, my weighted blanket, snow and a white Christmas! (We had no snow till the blizzard yesterday), snowplows and drivers!, my love of baking Yoga: Meditation: Sleep in Heavenly Peace (IT)--I admit I only half paid attention, partly bc it didn't align with my beliefs and partly bc I wasn't alone and didn't want to leave the room Other:

Day 5 Dec 25 Gratitude: the birth of Jesus, family, talking to my dad Yoga: Meditation: Joy for Any Mood (Ten Percent app), Meditation for Sadness (IT) Other:

Day 6 Dec 26 Gratitude: cookies , rest, water Yoga: Meditation: A New Way to Pray: The Lord's Prayer (IT) Other:

Day 7 Dec 27 Gratitude: snow on Mom's birthday , working plumbing and septic (oh, what we take for granted!), downtime, the wonderful community here on the forum Yoga: Meditation: 6 Minutes of Courage, Confidence & Positive Energy (IT) Other:
Day 8 Dec 28 Gratitude: home!, crisp cool refreshing air on walks, hot showers! Yoga: Meditation: 6 Minutes of Courage, Confidence & Positive Energy (IT) Other:

Day 9 Dec 29 Gratitude: morning mind melds with Cyric , nutritious food, working technology Yoga: Meditation: 6 Minutes of Courage, Confidence& Positive Energy (IT) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 17

Day 10 Dec 30 Gratitude: walking in a winter wonderland , concerned people who stop to offer help, convenience of the gas station even though I never wanted it this close Yoga: Meditation: Daily Insights (IT): Detach from Overthinking (Kenneth Soares) and How to Have a Successful Year (Lou Redmond) Other:

Day 11 Dec 31 Gratitude: full moon, great neighbors, fresh starts Yoga: Meditation: Looking Back, Facing Forward: A New Year -Ellen Hendricksen (IT) Other:

Day 1 (restart) Jan 1 Gratitude: ability to workout and move my body, the forum community here at VF, yoga Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga -Yoga for Beginners at Home 30-Day at Home Challenge day 3 Meditation: Access Your Inner Source of Hope -Sarah Blondin (IT); Finding Balance day 1 -Jay Chodagam (IT) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge days 18 and 19

Day 2 Jan 2 Gratitude: hubby was home all day, my sweet Cyric, restful sleep Yoga: Meditation: Letting Go of Stress and Anxiety -Tara Brach (IT) Other:

Day 3 Jan 3 Gratitude: cuddling with Cyric, ability to cook, being able to watch church online Yoga: Meditation: Detach From Overthinking -Kenneth Soares (IT); Finding Balance day 2 -Jay Chodagam (IT) Other:
Day 4 Jan 4 Gratitude: frosted winter trees, Cyric's patience, Christmas decorations Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 4 Meditation: Your Morning Motivation -davidji (IT); New Year's Challenge day 1 Mindfulness 101 (Ten Percent app); Finding Balance day 3 -Jay Chodagam (IT) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 20

Day 5 Jan 5 Gratitude: our home, exercise & meditation, freedom to pray for others Yoga:Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 5 Meditation: Opening Yourself up to Compassion -Manoj Dias (IT); New Year's Challenge day 2 Apply Effort, Then Let Go (Ten Percent app) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge days 21 & 22

Day 6 Jan 6 Gratitude: grief support group, family and friends who have recovered from covid, memories of loved ones Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 6; S. Starr Happy Yoga S1E1 Forest Cove Meditation: Soundbath for Deep Relaxation -Sonic Yogi (IT); New Year's Challenge day 3 Why Comparison Doesn't Work (Ten Percent app) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 23

Day 7 Jan 7 Gratitude: my chiropractor and his staff, the ability to change and to choose where I put my focus, all the lives my mom and mother-in-law touched Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 7 Meditation: Fueling Intention for the New Year -Bethany Auriel-Hagen (IT), Finding Balance day 4 -Jay Chodagam (IT), New Year's Challenge day 4 Soft Front, Strong Back (Ten Percent app), Deep Sleep Guided Meditation -Kenneth Soares (IT) Other: L. Holden Qi Gong 30-day challenge day 24 Self-appreciation: I don't give up on myself, I keep trying to be a better version of me

Day 8 Jan 8 Gratitude: how warm and cozy Cyric is and how he smells good and comforting, the gift of time, fog and overcast days which wre calming to me Yoga: Meditation: Fostering Lovingkindness -Sharon Salzberg (IT), New Year's Challenge day 5 You're Not So Bad (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation: I care how how other people are feeling

Day 9 Jan 9 Gratitude: Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 8 Meditation: Manifesting Your Perfect Day -Melissa Ambrosini (IT), New Year's Challenge day 6 Laugh at Your Inner Critic (Ten Percent app) Other: L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 25 Self-appreciation:

Day 10 Jan 10 Gratitude: 3rd day in a row of gorgeous frosted trees, hubby is home and not working, I held my tongue and didn't say anything when he was crabby & snapped at me Yoga: Meditation: New Year's Challenge day 7 Unhook Yourself from Body-Shame (Ten Percent app), Ho'oponopono for Forgiveness -Jana Roemer (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:
Day 11 Jan 11 Gratitude: my home gym, my health, my brother, beautiful sunrises & sunsets--God paints! Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 9 Meditation: Taking a Step Backward -Trudy Goodman (IT), New Year's Challenge day 8 Building a Home Base (Ten Percent app) Other: L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 26 Self-appreciation:

Day 12 Jan 12 Gratitude: cuddling with Cyric, coffee and chocolate, our comfy bed Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 10 Meditation: RA MA DA SA Healing Mantra -Carrie Grossman (IT-didn't finish, didn't like), New Year's Challenge day 9 What Is Happiness, Really? (Ten Percent app), Day 1 New Year's Challenge Master Your Morning Routine -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT) Other: L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 27 Self-appreciation:

Day 13 Jan 13 Gratitude: Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 11 Meditation: Day 2 New Year's Challenge Navigate to Where You Want to Go -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), Reflections on a Butterfly Garden -James Anthony Walker (IT-music), New Year's Challenge day 10 Have Your Own Back (Ten Percent app) Other: L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 28 Self-appreciation:

Day 14 Jan 14 Gratitude: beautiful snowfall, time for resting, my family, happy memories Yoga: Meditation: New Year's Challenge day 11 How You'd Talk to a Friend (Ten Percent app), Connecting With Your Senses -Valerie Mason-John (IT), Day 3 New Year's Challenge Sharpen Your Confidence -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT) Other: Self-appreciation: I'm a good mom to Cyric

Day 15 Jan 15 Gratitude: thoughtful neighbors helping with snow removal, got around 6" of snow and no wind!, hubby got home earlier than usual Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 12 Meditation: Mindful Mornings Challenge day 1 Morning Meditation for Renewal -Gisele Bundchen (IT), Day 4 New Year's Challenge Reconstruct Your Inner Voice -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), Soothe the Body & Mind -Oren Jay Sofer (IT), New Year's Challenge day 12 You're Not Alone (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 16 Jan 16 Gratitude: hubby was home all day and not working, takeout food, lazy days Yoga: Meditation: Day 5 New Year's Challenge Harness the Power of Reciprocity -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 17 Jan 17 Gratitude: my parents, hubby was home all day again, Cyric Yoga: Meditation: Breathe & Connect With Your Heart -Mary Maddux (IT), Healing the Seeds of Compassion -Jason McGrice (IT), New Year's Challenge day 14 Perfectionism Is Not the Goal (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation:
Day 18 Jan 18 Gratitude: the crunch of snow under my boots, cool crisp morning air, I ran today! Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 13 Meditation: Find Freedom From Worry -Richard Miller (IT), Day 6 New Year's Challenge Create a Not-to-do List -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 2 Holding Your Life in Reverence -Sarah Blondin (IT), New Year's challenge day 15 You Made It This Far! (Ten Percent app), Managing Anxiety course level 2 session 1 (Headspace app) Other: L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge days 29 and 30 Self-appreciation: I am a good support to my father-in-law

Day 19 Jan 19 Gratitude: covid vaccinations are becoming available, I don't have the stress of a job to deal with right now on top of my other worries about family, Cyric is such a comfort to me Yoga: Meditation: New Year's Challenge day 16 A Friendly Attitude (Ten Percent app), Nuggets of Mindfulness -Tom Evans (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 20 Jan 20 Gratitude: Yoga: Meditation: Day 7 New Year's Challenge Appreciating Others -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), Flowers of the Heart -Pablo Arellano (IT), New Year's Challenge day 17 Call on Support (Ten Percent app), Managing Anxiety course level 2 session 2 (Headspace app) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 21 Jan 21 Gratitude: father-in-law is getting IV antiviral treatment after positive covid test yesterday, I felt better after a nap yesterday and resuming allergy pills after missing a day, talked to my dad for over an hour on Wed Yoga: Meditation: Calm Your Busy Mind -Vidyamala Burch (IT), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 3 Manifesting Magnificence for Your Day -davidji (IT), New Year's Challenge day 18 Self Improvement Is a Cosmic Joke (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 22 Jan 22 Gratitude: Highlander Grog coffee , getting things done, my friend LA Yoga: R. Yee AM Yoga for Your Week -hip openers Meditation: Managing Anxiety course level 2 session 3 (Headspace app), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 4 Morning Rituals for Divine Alignment -Koya Webb (IT), Cultivating a Focused Attention -Mark Coleman (IT), Day 8 New Year's Challenge Positive Reminders -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), New Year's Challenge day 19 Thoughts Are Not Personal (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 23 Jan 23 Gratitude: windchimes; more fluffy fresh snow!; oatmeal, honey, chocolate, peanut butter Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 14 Meditation: Wake Up With a Smile -Andy Hobson (IT), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 5 Awakening Your Joy -Arianna Huffington (IT), Day 9 New Year's Challenge More No's to Better Yesses -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT), New Year's Challenge day 20 Share the Inspo (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 24 Jan 24 Gratitude: Yoga: Meditation: New Year's Challenge day 21 Set Your Compass (Ten Percent app), Day 10 New Year's Challenge Audit Your Inner Circle -Jillian Kowalchuk (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 25 Jan 25 Gratitude: prescription sunglasses, heat in the winter, physical activity Yoga: Meditation: Generating Positive Intentions -Keziah Gibbons (IT), Finding Steadiness & Inner Calm -Linda Hall (IT), New Year's Challenge day 13 (missed a day) Getting Clear With Yourself (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation: I have been trying new things to try to learn and to take some of the house burdens off hubby

Day 26 Jan 26 Gratitude: my dad, my treadmill and fitness apps, better mood today Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 15 Meditation: Working With Anxious Thoughts -Hugh Byrne (IT), Building Resilience Now -Rick Hanson (Ten Percent app) Other: Self-appreciation: I am trying new recipes and working toward healthier eating

Day 27 Jan 27 Gratitude: healthy pumpkin pancakes, Insight Timer app, ability to be with Cyric all the time Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 16 Meditation: Compassion (My Life app), Off-Balance? Slow Way, Way Down -Jay Michaelson (Ten Percent app), Finding Peace in Presence -Chris Collins (IT music) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 28 Jan 28 Gratitude: podcasts, soothing hobbies (baking and crocheting), full moons Yoga: Meditation: Morning Meditation for Inspiration -Fleur Chambers (IT), Remember Why We're Doing This -Sharon Salzberg (Ten Percent app), Equanimity (My Life app), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 6: Morning Affirmationsfor Leaning Into Gratitude -Alexandra Elle (IT) Other: Self-appreciation: I keep getting back up when I'm knocked down, don't give up on myself.

Day 29 Jan 29 Gratitude: birds chirping, blankets (esp fuzzy fleece ones), spreadsheets and trackers Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 17 Meditation: only did my daily affirmations Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 30 Jan 30 Gratitude: time with friends, Cyric did well at our friends' house overall, safety traveling Yoga: Meditation: Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 31 Jan 31 Gratitude: The Elixir of Breath -Annemaree Rowley (IT), The Power of Gratitude -Julie Reisler (IT) Yoga: Meditation: Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 32 Feb 1 Gratitude: Virtual Active and other scenery workouts, hubby is feeling better, I slept good and was in bed on time and headache is pretty much gone Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 18 Meditation: Louise Hay inspired 365 Days: day 1 Love (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 33 Feb 2 Gratitude: the peaceful quiet of a winter morning and the time to appreciate it, feeling rested, Cyric Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 19 Meditation: Nurturing Your True Nature -Sarah Blondin (IT), Be in Presence Wherever You Are -John Siddique (IT), Mindful Mornings Challenge day 7: Discovering Your Unique Energy Signature -Justin Michael Williams (IT), Louise Hay inspired 365 Days: day 2 Change (IT) Other: Self-appreciation: I make efforts to take care of my body.

Day 34 Feb 3 Gratitude: outdoor exercise, our house, supportive forum friends Yoga: Meditation: Awaken Inner Balance & Harmony -Matthew Jaidev Duplissie (IT, music), Louise Hay inspired 365 Days: day 3 Deservability (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 35 Feb 4 Gratitude: snuggling with Cyric, memories of loved ones, physical ability to do what I need to do Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 19 Meditation: Louise Hay inspired 365 Days: day 4 Work (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 36 Feb 5 Gratitude: Yoga: Meditation: Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 37 Feb 6 Gratitude: Yoga: Meditation: Louise Hay inspired 365 Days: day 5 Power (IT), Listen to Your Inner Voice -Jessica Amos (IT), Connecting to Your Soul -Alison Serour (T) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 38 Feb 7 Gratitude: Yoga: Meditation: One-Minute Meditation -Don Reed Simmons (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 39 Feb 8 Gratitude: FIL is fully recovered and can't even tell he had covid, we had safe travels over the wknd and the car ran fine in extremely cold temps, my warm cozy robe Yoga: Meditation: Mindfulness for Stress Relief -Aluna Moon (IT), Calm & Nourishing Sleep -David Gandelman (IT) Other: Self-appreciation:

Day 40 Feb 9 Gratitude: Yoga: Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 20 Meditation: just the breathwork, visualization and affirmations that I haven't been listing Other: Self-appreciation:
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 01:39 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Thank you Pam for starting the check in.

My goal is to get back into the yoga/Qi Gong habit and maybe find some new sequences.

Along with a practice later today, I'm hoping to watch the convergence of Jupiter and Saturn tonight if our skies are clear. They are supposed to look as if one very bright star like the Star of Bethlehem. Pretty cool that this is happening on the shortest day of the year. Vannie wonderful that your Aunt was released from the hospital!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 01:49 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning yogis! We are off to a great start, so nice to see everyone here!

Day 1 - Erich Schiffmann’s Yoga Mind & Body
This is an old classic, one of my first yoga dvds & one I’d never part with!

My Sadhana goal is to include more active yoga & uplifting practices that aren’t necessarily pure yoga like Yoga Booty Ballet & BellyFit Flow. I usually do 40 days, but I think I’ll aim for 50 & maybe even 60 this time.

Cate - It’s snowing here and supposed to turn to rain later so sadly I’ll probably miss the convergence of Saturn & Jupiter. I hope you get clear skies!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-20, 02:13 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Vannie's Winter Sadhana: Yoga, Gratitude and Meditation
I this! Thank goodness your aunt is coming home and let her now be done with this rotten virus.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sadhana