Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-20, 10:19 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
I am another that is "meh" about the workouts.

Hated the cardio, who does jumping movements in the first 2 minutes with no warmup?
There are a lot of workouts that put jumping jacks in the warm up. Not sure why as I am still warming up so I keep them low impact.

I am also finding workouts seem to have little to no warmup, not sure if it is a new trend or they want to get in and get out.

when I do one, I will warm up myself then jump into the workout.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-20, 10:55 AM  
manleym

I did the Total Body last night. There are some new to me moves that I liked. I'm realizing that I don't care for the set, which I normally don't notice or even care about. Not sure why I notice in these workouts.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 06:45 PM  
manleym

I will have to give Michelle HUGE praise for her customer service. I had trouble with one of the dvds and emailed Team Dozois. They not only replaced the dvds but gave me digital downloads of some other workouts. They bent over backwards to make things right, and were very responsive and prompt in their replies. They have some of the best customer service of anyone in the industry, or at least for me in this situation.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-20, 07:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I will have to give Michelle HUGE praise for her customer service. I had trouble with one of the dvds and emailed Team Dozois. They not only replaced the dvds but gave me digital downloads of some other workouts. They bent over backwards to make things right, and were very responsive and prompt in their replies. They have some of the best customer service of anyone in the industry, or at least for me in this situation.
Wow, that is great to hear!
Old 01-12-20, 08:30 AM  
dianestjohn

I did the core and stretch workouts last night. Core was quite challenging for me but not fun and I was disappointed in the stretch workout, which is 10 minutes of active movement (for instance, plank variations) that do not feel good on the body and it was not relaxing. Someone mentioned that Michelle had maybe done these workouts as a more “intermediate” offering and to me it seems like Michelle herself is so advanced that she is kinda unable to dial it back to intermediate but maybe the “intermediate” part is that they are only 1/2 hour? Or maybe they are not meant to be intermediate at all. These workouts are discouraging for me as I am a high intermediate and when I am challenged by, for instance, an advanced Cathe workout, I can rise to the challenge and push through and feel accomplished, but with Michelle I just feel inadequate and many of the moves feel awkward and uncomfortable to me, especially with no warmup. I really admire Michelle and think she is a good instructor so I wish I liked the actual workouts.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 07:57 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I better check my DVDs. I haven't even looked at them. Guess they came at the wrong time for me as I am doing other workouts. Time to review them just to make sure they work.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 08:46 AM  
muggle

I also agree w/ GREAT customer service!! I got my dvd's and the case was broken. I emailed them asking if I could buy an empty case. They say not to worry....they put a a new set in the mail!! I was pleasantly surprised. They didn't question a thing and responded quickly. I really appreciated that.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-20, 02:45 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I got the email from Michele back before this set was released and didn't send a reply as to what I was looking for from her. Now that I have this set I realize I could now answer it. I want a warm up (for me, 3-5 minutes is ideal), even if it's a separate segment so I have the option to do it, especially for the cardio work. Actually it might be better to have it as a separate segment, since it would be easier to do two of the workouts combined without a second warm up in the middle. I want weight movements that aren't slow like Cathe's Slow and Heavy necessarily, but slow enough that I don't feel that I am hurling the weights around space like shot puts. I want and like the Peak 10 format as she used in one of the workouts on this set, but with slower weight movements.

So I guess shame on me for not responding when she asked for input. I will find a way to make this set work for me, but I can't really see reaching for it too often.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, one on one