Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-18, 10:42 AM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
Are we twins?!?! I’m thinking the same thing. I saw the clip and it’s tempting. I like the Bodyfits when I want to move and not kill myself. And YES I agree about her music. They always “fit” the workout.
Ha! I think so. We sure seem to have the same taste in workouts.

I think I have my fill of Michelle, but she is so darn fun, i will get at the next sale. I almost think if she had a streaming site of live workouts, I would subscribe.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-18, 09:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I did the sculpt and release section today as an add on to other workouts. there's no warmup, but I was already warmed up. It's not really necessary to have a warm up for this section I guess since it doesn't involve jumping, but I would think it would be important for the muscles to be warm to do the workout effectively. At any rate, there isn't one.

This section used some familiar moves from other BodyFit workouts, but new ones as well. I should probably have watched the workout before I did it and I would have been better at it, but I didn't. It was kind of tough to follow what she was doing next when I was in downward dog.

Michelle did a very good job of cuing and describing even the moves that I "thought" I knew well, and her calm and encouraging demeanor decreased any minor frustration that I might have had when I was one rep short as I figured out the move. The workout moved quickly, but not so quick that I got lost. I don't recall much about the music, which to me means it wasn't a distraction. This section was also done barefoot, but I wore socks.

There was a stretch at the end of this section, and it was very thorough although for some reason it was hard to hear her instructions at times. This didn't happen in the rest of the workout--meaning both sections--so I'm not sure what was going on.

The next time around I will do the entire workout from start to finish so I can see how it flows together. Both sections get a thumbs up from me. Challenging but not killer.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 12:12 PM  
Mickey12

I really liked this workout. I agree with others that it was challenging but not killer. The cardio portion was really fun and fit the music perfectly. The pace was a little quick, but I think once I learn the moves, the pace will not seem as fast. The moves flowed nicely together. The cardio has some TIFTING, but it's only within each section, so it doesn't last long and it didn't bother me. The strength is divided into lower body, upper body and abs. Each section is thorough but not overkill. There is a nice long stretch at the end. It's about 52 minutes and with a fairly long warm up and long stretch, it feels just right.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-18, 09:46 PM  
muggle

I’m thankful for the reviews, keep em comin! I’m feeling weak and the credit card is feeling strong.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 07:33 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
Sometimes I wonder why a lot of instructors appear to "fear the modifier"?

Do they feel as if they may be taking a step back if they put her/him centre stage?

Is it a disease or does it have a stigma attached to it? ....Ewww... the modifier....

I will pass on this workout as I have come to embrace modifying as I want my joints and ligaments to last me a long time.

Though for the record, modifiers can work out as hard as anyone else.
Well said! Just gonna add that there's no stigma to modifiers working out just hard enough. There is such a thing as "perceived exertion"...remember that phrase?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, nac, national aerobics