Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-18, 11:52 AM  
Hsim

Anyone still using Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Challenge System

I noticed that this system was on sale on Mary's site last week. I was very tempted to buy but didn't and would love to know if any VFers like/ have gotten good results with this system. What are your thoughts?
Hsim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 11:59 AM  
Rhonda

I am using it again. The workouts are long so I usually shorten them unless I am energetic and get out of bed. I may miss one block. I am also subbing in kettlebell workouts for the pure strength ones.

I have had this program for a very long time and only did a couple workouts. I am enjoying it now, and also do modifications when necessary.

I am impressed how Michelle can till talk during some of those moves.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 12:18 PM  
adrien_73

I have not followed the system as prescribed, but I have not been able to stick to many systems... I absolutely love Cardio Interval Burn & the 2 Cardio Strength workouts. I have not even tried the others, but I really should! I do need to modify some moves as well, but it is easy to do so and the time flies by.

I ordered mine directly from Michelle shortly after they were released and paid a lot more than Mary's price. I would still say I got my money's worth out of them!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 01:52 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

I use the strength ones and the circuit ones still. You can totally half the strength ones and get them down to 30-35 minutes (and they are tough stuff).

I think they are "worthy" of purchasing but tons of high impact on the cardio and circuit DVDs, fair warning.
Old 03-20-18, 05:38 PM  
jusca

I only did one week of the system when it was first released. I easily dropped 2lbs that week and I was eating near maintenance too. I liked the result but found the workouts too frantic and I didn't care for the ever changing choreography. Plus Michelle isn't an instructor I click with. It's not my cup of tea however I'm sure it can give excellent results if you stick to it.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 06:16 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

I did most of the workouts many years ago but I found them to be too high impact and she swung heavy weights around like they were feathers so I never finished the rotation. I remember liking them but they were an injury waiting to happen for the weight I was and shape I was in. Frantic is actually a pretty good description!

FF to now, I've lost 50 lbs, I'm in decent shape and decided to give them a whirl again - I started today. The music is pretty good although she can get a little shrill when she talks. I liked her delivery for the most part and think I can handle working out with her for a few weeks, I won't do an entire rotation, I have a vacation coming up and then Spring Break so I'll do them when I can fit them in.

I did Pure Cardio today and got a good workout, I liked the stretch at the end. She did four 5 minuteish cycles, repeating them on each side for a total of 8, the entire workout with warm up and stretch was 52 minutes. She occasionally cued on the move rather than before it but for the most part I was impressed by her cueing.

It was quite high impact just like I remembered and some of the moves I had to watch a few times before I caught on but my Fitbit said my heart rate stayed in the cardio zone for 39 minutes and fat burning zone for 10. I can handle the impact now but most of the moves can be modified to take it out if needed.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 06:50 PM  
muggle

I’ve never followed a rotation or completed the workouts as a set. But I love every workout. Yes, they do move fast at times but I think they’re fun! Plus, because she repeats the 5 minute segment you get a second chance to get it right. I feel pleasantly worked out and accomplished when I’m done. Most moves can be easily modified. I love that whole set!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 08:00 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I got it recently from totalfitness. All I've done so far is the flexibility, and really liked the band.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-18, 09:16 PM  
marki64

I only have a couple from the system,, but have all her Interval & Cardio Strength dvds. I love Michelle! She delivers awesome workouts which challenge you. She has quick choreography but is great if you get bored easily. I think it's a great deal for what you get. Just to add, her Cardio Interval Burn has no on the floor cardio. If you like impact and catch on quickly to changing choreography, you will love this system.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-18, 11:51 AM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I only have a couple from the system,, but have all her Interval & Cardio Strength dvds. I love Michelle! She delivers awesome workouts which challenge you. She has quick choreography but is great if you get bored easily. I think it's a great deal for what you get. Just to add, her Cardio Interval Burn has no on the floor cardio. If you like impact and catch on quickly to changing choreography, you will love this system.
I ended up caving on this and bought the set at Mary's. I didn't realize that I already own one of workouts which was released separately but I got the set at a great price so it is worth it anyway.
I am looking forward to trying a pre-vacation rotation with this set. I usually don't buy sets or do rotations so wish me well. I am looking forward to seeing how long I can keep it up.
Hsim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois