I liked all of Sue Grant's, especially Older Wiser and Wonderful Levels 3 and 4

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 05:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
What about Jane Fonda's last workout set?

I personally don't believe in age defined workouts since people the same age aren't in the same shape. You probably have to modify your workouts to work the muscle and not the joint, something that Margaret Richard, turning 70 this year, believes in.
I agree. I went through my collection and ditched the workouts that don't serve me well and are difficult to modify. The ones I kept are ones I enjoy and can make mods where needed.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 06:19 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I agree. I went through my collection and ditched the workouts that don't serve me well and are difficult to modify. The ones I kept are ones I enjoy and can make mods where needed.
That ... and ... any aerobics class is forgiving in that way.

I pause where necessary.

With a DVD or streaming or the like I take, for instance, a really bad-for-me, not-easy-to-modify workout and repeat the warm up several times, pause, whatever. Sometimes downmodifications are not enough.

A truly horrific one, I just stop doing totally (dustbunny or off-the-playlist!). But I never know when it would serve me in some little way again if it was a physical DVD, and it remains (so far). I try to think what I would most reasonably use before I buy; whether by renting/borrowing/previewing/review-reads first ... obviously no bootcamps for the young, mesomorphic, already-trim and already-fit in my DVD collections ... they've got NYC and LA boutique-based streamings* for that stuff, in the main already ...

*No offense intended to DailyBurn.com ... they publish out of a Chelsea (NYC) fitness boutique. I'm not a (online or in brick and mortar terms) customer of theirs, but I can safely assume that "the old lady in the back of class" types feel very comfortable in their classes; and the reason for this is because they do segment their market and prospective customers, wildly these days ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 01:59 PM  
marya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
obviously no bootcamps for the young, mesomorphic, already-trim and already-fit in my DVD collections...
Nor in mine! But as Tina observes, sometimes there are doable and appealing segments on some of the tougher DVDs...if I were more computer savvy, I'd string them together on DVDs of my own creating.

ImLosingIt, I don't know if you have the technological capability or the desire to create your own customized workouts (from DVDs, YouTube, downloads, or whatever), but if you do, I highly recommend VFer Barb S's blog: http://neverendingplateau.blogspot.com/. Wonderful tips, suggestions, examples!
marya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ilyse baker, mirabai holland, scott cole, senior exercise, senior workout, seniors, sue west, weight watchers