Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-15, 06:50 PM  
Tammie M

Dance Workouts

I love to dance. I'm currently attending line dance classes and I love them! Today I did The Trainers Edge: Fiesta Fitness Dance and had a fun workout. The choreography was pretty easy to follow. Other than Zumba, what are your favorite dance workouts?
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 08:03 PM  
Bubbeez

The Christi Taylor Pure Spice DVD is great.
She also has individual dances posted on YouTube for free.
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 08:05 PM  
ncl

I love Kari Anderson's hi-lo. I just got Push recently which has two shorter workouts, a hi lo and a step. I also like her Great Moves workouts which are unfortunately out of print and VHS. I also like her Danceworks workout which I think you can still get.

I also enjoy Cathe's step workouts out that are more choreography heavy.

I have also been enjoying Tracy Andersons trampoline videos on youtube which are kinda dancey.

I'll be interested to hear what people say...I also love to dance (and take ballroom dance lessons) and always want more choreography heavy workouts that are challenging...
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 09:20 PM  
Tammie M

I didn't know Tracy Anderson had a rebounder video. Does anyone have this?

https://tracyanderson.com/shop/total...rampoline-dvd/
Old 07-22-15, 09:23 PM  
Tammie M

I would love to take ballroom lessons. Unfortunately my husband hates dance lessons. That's why I take line dancing lessons. We dance for about 3 hours during the class. I think we have learned about 30 dances.
Old 07-22-15, 09:57 PM  
OSusanna

I also like dancey workouts, especially Addicted to Sweat and Pure Spice Cinnamon. I will be looking into the Cize videos. Someday I would like to try tap lessons again if I can get over myself and how much of a dunce I feel in class. I wish there were abundant tap dance videos.

I also have Masala Bhangra and Dance Off the inches Country Line Dance. They are both fun. The best part about working out at home like we do is that I get to try stuff that I might be inhibited doing in public. I have yet to do zumba at home but I might try it if the price is right.

I HOPE that the new Cize videos from Shaun T will have other instructors teaching choreography again. I really enjoy learning it and I always feel like a boss when I master it.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-15, 11:18 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I also like dancey workouts, especially Addicted to Sweat and Pure Spice Cinnamon. I will be looking into the Cize videos. Someday I would like to try tap lessons again if I can get over myself and how much of a dunce I feel in class. I wish there were abundant tap dance videos.

I also have Masala Bhangra and Dance Off the inches Country Line Dance. They are both fun. The best part about working out at home like we do is that I get to try stuff that I might be inhibited doing in public. I have yet to do zumba at home but I might try it if the price is right.

I HOPE that the new Cize videos from Shaun T will have other instructors teaching choreography again. I really enjoy learning it and I always feel like a boss when I master it.
Isn't it funny, I don't take to Zumba (at best, if the stars are aligned—Zumba Gold - yup, I've knee and foot issues, and I'm not young; need high-intensity but low impact and I can lowimpactify many to most ... )

I tried Zumba Gold but only over streamed video.

However, I have taken 14 live classes in the Masala Bhangra Workout and frequently use a download of Doonya ... (the reason for that is that I took a live class in Doonya, lucked out on the instructor, and really like that workout) ... Evidently I still do 2 of Hemalayaa's Bollywood Workout videos [the rest (except for 3 I've not tried) became a little too easy recently]

I am interested now in trying a Jamaican Reggae Dancehall cardio video. Um, when I'm feeling better, that is ...

But I don't look down my nose at Leslie Sansone or Richard Simmons either ...
It's not a question of "gotta start somewhere" ... I continue with them from time to time ... I can even add hand weights or moderate impact to them if I want ...

And also, not to be forgotten: Freeform dance, freeform HiiT dance (Intensati [Patricia Moreno] and The Shrink Sessions [Erin Stutland] come to mind)

Non-exercise-specific freeform dance: Groove or 5 Rhythms ...

Cardio Bellydance
and Cardio Bhangra Bellydance Fusion ...

You know, I'm not a runner and don't swim anymore .. gotta do something ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 05:16 AM  
aggmom
VF Supporter

I like Refit classes -- I take them locally and also subscribe to their streaming service for $10/month. A new live class is posted every day. They have a few DVDs and tons of video on Youtube. Can be modified up or down to suit you. www.refitrev.com
aggmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 06:47 AM  
Gancho Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
Non-exercise-specific freeform dance: Groove or 5 Rhythms ...
GROOVE is not a freeform dance. Everyone does the same movement, just in our own unique way.

---
http://livingroomathlete.blogspot.com/

Disclosure statement: I am a facilitator for Misty Tripoli's THE GROOVE and a Pilates instructor.
Gancho Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-15, 07:07 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammie M View Post
I didn't know Tracy Anderson had a rebounder video. Does anyone have this?

https://tracyanderson.com/shop/total...rampoline-dvd/

I don't have that one, but the 30 minute trampoline workout is on youtube (the whole thing) and there is another one she did on youtube as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTfd4RZYMUU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtUEr_oy_o4

The second one is a little rougher around the edges, not so nicely done but a bit more challenging, too.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cize, weight watchers