Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly this morning - hope to return for personals later.

Yesterday I did manage to do Pahla's Day 25 workout in the afternoon and I did CS 1111 in the evening...

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Feel Good Fusion - this is from her 7 Day series - I am finding I enjoy these more now than when I first did them...

Pilates Next - Reset Retreat - Day 2 - Legs & Glutes

Yoga w/ Bird - Morning Yoga for Hip Tension

Planning on getting Pahla's workout in some time this afternoon, I still love her, but I'm ready for a change!!

Dana - love the photo!!!

Carol - I hope you get answers and relief re: your arthritis issues....

Be back later, hopefully...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 01:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

JS Total Body Balance DVD - Cardio Flow - 20min
JS Walk off Belly Fat DVD - Strength - 20min
JS 4 Mile Power Walk DVD, Mile 4 - 15min

I woke up late. Oliver demanded lots and lots of hugs at 4am and would not take no for an answer, so I overslept. He is a great cat and very affectionate with both of us. We're lucky to have him.

Now, I'm getting ready to shovel some snow. We got about 6" and it' still snowing so I'm going to wait a little until it stops. Should be another half hour or so. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive anywhere.

Waves to all!
Old 01-26-21, 05:28 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

FW: 10 Min Stretch & Strengthen
10 Min Walk

Dana, Oliver is SO cute! He sounds purr-fect. We got snow today too, about 3 inches so far but due for around 6.

Carol, praying your results reveal something treatable! It's good you have a thorough doctor.

Donna, I hope your day went well!

Linda, I understand! I'm glad you're doing what works for you. I had to do the same thing for my body. So far the 10 minutes seems okay. I'd like to try more eventually, but in the past that has always set me back so I have to be careful.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 07:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts so far have been:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 26 (strength) - 25 minutes;
Classical Stretch - Season 9, Episode 10, Knee & Back Pain Relief - 22 minutes

I enjoyed Pahla's workout - there were some kettlebell style exercises in this stepstool workout, and it moved pretty fast because of all the new and different exercises. I used my 5 lb dumbbell, same as Pahla.

About once a year, I tell myself that I need to do Classical Stretch - I think because I figure at some point I won't be able to do anything else. Every year I try to develop a fondness for it, but I can never can stick with it long enough to develop that fondness. Maybe this year...

Donna - Good work! I'm hoping to add on the Pilates Nest workout before bed.

Dana - Oliver is lucky to have you all! Don't you wonder some times about the back story about why he ended up at the shelter for adoption? Poor guy!

Christine - Stretch & Strengthen sounds nice! My kind of workout title.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 08:43 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Dana - Oliver is lucky to have you all! Don't you wonder some times about the back story about why he ended up at the shelter for adoption? Poor guy!
Carol, I have actually heard part of his back story and it breaks my heart because Oliver is a gentle and lovely soul that didn't deserve any of it. Apparently, he was abandoned in a state park and was found by someone who took him in. This person already had a resident cat that vehemently objected to the new cat and that's how Oliver ended up in a shelter. Abandoned again! He is such a sweet and well tempered cat that it just makes me sad that he was treated this way. But, his bad luck had just ended because we are already in love with him and he'll stay here in his new home until the end. He'd adjusted quickly and seems to be very happy and affectionate with both of us and is loving his new home. What a sweetheart! We're lucky to have found him.
Old 01-26-21, 11:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

Christine I was listening to a podcast once that really hammered how important rest is and listening to your body. One of the signs you need it, (excluding times when your body is sore or injured) is if you don't have any desire to exercise. I have been there and don't want to experience that again. It happened when I pushed too hard, for me that is. The podcast emphasized that exercise is stress to your body so that's why I try to remember to stay ahead of that and control it. You seem to have a good handle on it...I'm a little hardheaded and have to hear it on a podcast, haha!

Dana my little sweetheart was twice returned to the shelter...and I can't even imagine living without her! Oliver had to travel that path to get to you guys

Donna great workouts! You have a very balanced combo!

Carol I totally get what you're saying about CS.. I treat it like medicine for my body. While there are others I enjoy better (like Jill Miller)..I have seen measurable improvement in my body. My finger for instance...it was curved slightly damaged when a car door hit it (long story) and it is straightened..I kid you not. I showed my husband today and he was shocked.

More mobility, squat and single leg deadlift challenge today...night all!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-21, 06:44 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I have actually heard part of his back story and it breaks my heart because Oliver is a gentle and lovely soul that didn't deserve any of it. Apparently, he was abandoned in a state park and was found by someone who took him in. This person already had a resident cat that vehemently objected to the new cat and that's how Oliver ended up in a shelter. Abandoned again! He is such a sweet and well tempered cat that it just makes me sad that he was treated this way. But, his bad luck had just ended because we are already in love with him and he'll stay here in his new home until the end. He'd adjusted quickly and seems to be very happy and affectionate with both of us and is loving his new home. What a sweetheart! We're lucky to have found him.
A perfect match! He was destined to become your new kitty.

I can understand how the second person who found him couldn't keep him - but the first person who left him, no, I don't understand that. Maybe it was an accident...

Carol
Old 01-27-21, 06:47 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Carol I totally get what you're saying about CS.. I treat it like medicine for my body. While there are others I enjoy better (like Jill Miller)..I have seen measurable improvement in my body. My finger for instance...it was curved slightly damaged when a car door hit it (long story) and it is straightened..I kid you not. I showed my husband today and he was shocked.

More mobility, squat and single leg deadlift challenge today...night all!!
Wow, that's impressive! I know I need to stick with it, I just don't find it the least bit interesting or enjoyable. I do love the outside settings, but that's the only thing I love (or even like) about it. Maybe I need to try someone's workouts besides Miranda.

Carol
Old 01-27-21, 06:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I did manage to add on some pilates before bed last night:

Pilates Nest - Reset Challenge - Day #2 Legs & Glutes - 10 minutes

I discovered this pilates' practice last night on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0us...orShapeFitness

It looks really nice for a gentle day - lots of stretching included. Several of the workouts on her channel look interesting to me. Sure wish the channel didn't have the word "Senior" in the name of it! But since I'll turn 65 this year, I guess that's really where I am.

Carol
Old 01-27-21, 08:08 AM  
fanofladyvols

Carol I think you should..there are other instructors on YouTube ...I love Gail garceau. https://youtu.be/LhZTbuabwxg

But I have to admit, Miranda has grown on me...she's like a crazy aunt to me now

Dana I do wonder if Oliver snuck out of a house. He's probably a wiser old man and doesn't try that but my son's cat was terrible about that when he was younger. He was spayed and still was nearly lost several times. Drove my son and us crazy. He doesn't dash out when the door opens now that he's older.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote