Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-21, 09:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 11,156
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 10:58 AM  
lynnf

Jessica 20 minute upper body. I am not doing barre 3 everyday since if I do that my knee bothers me.

Diana, I don't do that many dvds either, but I am scared to get rid of them too. We put 16 bags of mulch in our yard, but it's still mostly mud!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 02:24 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

21 DFX Real Time

I do prefer DVDs, but I looked at some new-to- me workouts on BBOD. The "real time" (and I'm not sure why that label) re-makes of 21DF and 21DFX have the same variety of workouts but after the 1st week, the order is different. Today I did 21DFX Upper Extreme real time. The moves are different from the original extreme, including the warmup, and Kat is back: a real modifier. Welcome variety. This should keep me going for at least another 3 weels.

I have gone through phases of getting rid of DVDs that I was sure I would never do again. Can we say re-acquired?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 04:46 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by monterey vidiot View Post

I have gone through phases of getting rid of DVDs that I was sure I would never do again. Can we say re-acquired?
EXACTLY! It's cheaper to keep them.

I was thinking, though. I have some DVD's that are out and others that are in plastic boxes under the bed. I think what I have out. I did put everything in the house for the shop very quickly. I am able to assess the situation better now. I have to be realistic that I can't do jumping, etc in the house, step work, etc. I can put that stuff away and keep out all the walking stuff.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-26-21, 09:35 PM  
seabliss

Today I finished the 10k step indoor walk with DD (about a quarter of it), walked outdoors, and did a pretty gentle Heather Robertson - inner and outer thighs toning workout. It was warm enough today outside, but we are supposed to get snow again tomorrow.

Lynn, we had those damaging storms in NC. Hurricane weather, complete with broken trees. The storm last night wasn't like that, just a lot of bark but no bite.

Diana, I have a box and a half of DVDs, and I definitely need to get rid of some of them. I have an unopened Tracy Anderson set, for example, that I now never plan to do. But putting things on eBay is a pain, especially because that also means a trip to the post office in these times. I tried putting the TA set on Facebook Marketplace, but no one has been interested yet.

Cynthia, are you doing any singing at this point, or are you on break from that?
Old 01-26-21, 10:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, San Jose Symphonic Choir rehearsals have started up again on Mondays, via Zoom. We're not going to do any more virtual concerts this season, but will do a virtual tour, for which we'll record ourselves individually, singing our tour music. I know all the pieces:
Sicut Cervus - my favorite, a Palestrina motet in Latin, Psalm 42
Psalm 43 by Mendelssohn in German: Richte Mich, Gott
Bogoroditse Devo, in Russian, from Rachmaninoff's All Night Vigil
Then spirituals in English:
Ride the Chariot
Keep Your Lamps
a Stephen Foster piece, Hard Times Come Again No More
Henry Mollicone's Hear Me, Redeemer
and, for the virtual encore, Battle Hymn of the Republic with fife and trumpet

Recording in my bathroom is still not my idea of a good time, but these short pieces won't be that stressful.
Old 01-26-21, 11:28 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Well I feel like organizing the filing cabinet/office stuff is a situation where things get worse before they get better.

Cheryl I got out all the walking type workouts and put them on the current shelf. I am thinking about buying another small box so I can put more away, out of sight.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor, Classical stretch Intro workout, Classical Stretch Shoulder pain and tension relief.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-27-21, 09:17 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 11,027
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-27-21, 01:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Raining, which is not always good news in droughtland. My location is safe, but the areas that burned last summer are being evacuated now due to the danger of mudslides down the hills where there used to be trees.

Check-in: real time 21DFX Pilates Extreme. I haven't looked ahead at the videos, but there are 21 instead of 7. Different cast each week. The workouts might be different too, but I'll wait and be surprised.
Old 01-27-21, 04:57 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. really sore from Jessica yesterday.

Cynthia, glad you are safe from mudslides.

Diana, organizing and purging can be hard.

Cheryl, I gave my Tracy Anderson to the Goodwill. Never want to do that again. Wrist pain central. Glad your storm wasn't damaging. We got cold again. No snow despite some threat from the weatherman.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote