Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-21, 09:09 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ Gym workout with 15 each recumbent bike and treadmill, plus weight machines totaling an hour.
~ I am going through Lee Holden's Tao Yin series 1 again on Glo, starting with Awaken Your Qi.

I'm getting the first dose of the Moderna COVID vaccine this week. My place of employment has been getting good quantities of it. Emergency personnel were of course first in line but it's starting to trickle down to us peons. Things are getting really frightening where I live, even shut ins and compliant people and work at home people in my circle are coming down with it left and right. Some people say it's barely a cold, others have been horribly sick for two weeks or more. One of my elderly acquaintances is on her sixth day in the hospital getting the antibody infusions. I might have to curtail gym workouts for a while but hate to do it.

Paine - I've had the Kim Eng yin for a long time, you are making me think I should try it. The length is what's causing my delay.

Sandra, isn't it great to know all the modifications we do?

Cyana - your BFR bands workout sounds really tough. Are the Lee calls through the "tea with Lee" emails that we get or is it through a streaming service you use? Perhaps he was able to summon his wealth of medical gigong to help him get through it.

Good morning to one and all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 10:08 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, the Yin Yoga with Kim Eng practice that I did was: Yin Yoga 2 Poses (Tadpole to Frog Sequence; Happy Baby; Windshield Wiper & Spinal Twist) and it was only 20 minutes, so it's very doable. It is my favorite practice from that DVD. When you look at the DVD Menu under Complete Yin Yoga, you have to go to the 2nd page to locate the Yin Yoga 2 Poses practice. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
You are so lucky to be able to get the covid vaccine this week! My DH and I are eligible now to get the covid vaccine but there are no appointments available here. Our younger son is a pharmacist and he got his 2nd vaccine on Saturday. I'm so happy he was vaccinated since he sees patients every day and works in Los Angeles, the heart of covid-land! He had zero symptoms after the first shot and on Saturday he had some chills, malaise, a headache and body aches for that day only--so he had a good immune response. I think it's better to have one day of malaise after the shot than getting covid because you don't know how serious/lethal getting the covid virus would be.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 10:37 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the tip, Paine! And best to your son.
Old 01-25-21, 12:45 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning mat mavens!

Sherry - Yes there is TIFTing in the BellyFit zoom classes. I have done three, two cardio & one flow. The cardio segment is around 35 min & then she does isolation work & stretching. The first one had some technical glitches and briefly lost video a few times. I am enjoying them.

Pat & Paine - The Kim Eng yin class I did was online, but I believe it’s the daily practice from the DVD. It was about 45 min with butterfly pose, dragon, & sleeping swan. It was very nice! We will be waiting a while to get our vaccines. Our province is rolling them out with a strict protocol. Health care workers & elderly in care are first, then those who work largely with the public etc. Then it will start for the rest of us by age. There’s been a brief supply problem with Pfizer doing maintenance to their plant in Belgium. That should be rectified soon I hope! Fortunately our cases remain low, but we remain cautious.

Beth - There’s such a variety of barre styles. I don’t think I’ve been to a class that moves super fast. I went to one once that used resistance loops for most of the exercises & that was tough!

Cyana - Yes there definitely are a lot of Rodney-isms I like him, but not in large doses.

Sandra - Are you enjoying Jessica’s Calm & Strong rotation? I have her Total Stretch, but haven’t done the dynamic stretch segment.

Back later with my workouts....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-21, 09:06 PM  
cyana

A quick Monday pop-in.

Today:
Did a long meditation before getting out of bed, focusing on the endothelial cells that line the blood vessels. Visualizing them as being all nice and smooth with flexible vessel walls. Can you tell I watched a docu-series that included some discussion of this topic yesterday?
Followed that with one of Miranda's short Essentrics practices on ETV (OMG, thought I'd never get logged in to ETV and by then I was running short on time! Tragically comic, LOL!)
I've done 2 rounds of N.O. dumps (which adds up to 80 squats, not bad when you're trying to wing it, as far as getting in some meaningful exercise) - one mid-day and one mid-afternoon.

Paine - Which vaccine did your son get? A friend of mine (who lives in another state) said her mom was told by a nurse that one way to possibly get the vaccine earlier is to check with entities - such as pharmacies - that give the vaccines - around mid-afternoon to see if anyone had failed to show up for their appointment. No one wants to waste doses, so once the medication is out, it needs to be given. Our health department releases appointments on some mysterious schedule and those are snapped up quickly. DH could try to get an appointment, but says he will probably wait at least another month or so. I'm not old enough. And I'd rather see health care workers and front-line workers (like your son) get first dibs since they've put themselves out there all this time.

Pat - Is your doc OK with you getting the vaccine? It makes me nuts when they do the trials only on young healthy people since that isn't a representative sample of the population. Now you have pregnant women agonizing over whether to get it, and I would hate to be in their shoes. I don't know if Lee will share his COVID strategy in a "Tea with Lee" call and/or at the beginning of one of his live classes through the subscription service. He typically does three live classes per week (only one is a time of day that works for me) and takes 15-20 minutes of questions before starting the practice. I'll let you know if I hear anything definitive. He didn't teach today's class.

Beth
- Ugh.....drill sergeant instructors would be a massive turn off for me.

Sandra - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has those "Hmmm....have I ever done this routine?" moments. I'll need to live forever so I can launch an organized march through all of my fitness media...I need to retire!

Pam - I think I forgot to mention that your lavender field meditation inspired a really lovely meditation session recently. I visualized myself lying in a field of lavender where I could feel the sun and light breeze, smell the lavender and even hear the bees buzzing from flower to flower. I slept like a log that night, which is practically miraculous.

Sherry - Since I was having trouble getting logged into ETV this AM, I almost ditched Miranda to do a Body Project work-out, but felt like I needed to deal with Stiff Old Lady Syndrome. I'm so glad you introduced me to TBP - I really have enjoyed their YT work-outs.

Must run - time to start winding down for bed. Trying to get into the habit of getting into bed earlier and last night I was asleep crazy early.

ETA: DH and I watched "My Octopus Teacher" Friday night and enjoyed it.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 02:33 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~8 km trail walk with DH & a friend
~Hatha yoga class on zoom
~Insight Timer: Healing Meadow guided meditation

It’s been trying to snow, but it’s not quite cold enough to stick. It was chilly & drizzly on our walk, but it felt good to get outside! We didn’t get out yesterday as it rained steadily all day.

Cyana - Your meditations sound lovely!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 09:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nothing really to report, had a catch up day. Very tired. I tried a Gopi Kallayil meditation to ease into sleep but I was gone before the covers reached my chin.

Cyana - I had lots of concerns, but after weighing my two scary scenarios I am going for the vaccine. Both of my rheumatologists told me to get it, it is a "dead" vaccine. At the rate people in my circle are contracting it, I'm more scared of the COVID. What times we live in!!! I have never heard of an endothilial cell but a meditation for it sounds helpful.

Stay safe everyone, have a good day.
Old 01-26-21, 09:48 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, DH & I would love that octopus movie! Unfortunately we don't have Netflix.

Pam, nice that you got to walk with a friend - and that meditation sounds very peaceful. We are getting snow here today.

Pat, I'm so glad you are able to get the vaccine! I'd get it if I readily could, but right now, I feel similar to cyana about letting others go ahead of me.

Paine, glad your son got his 2nd shot! My SIL got her 2nd too, and she said the same about the 2nd being a little worse than the first - still better than the covid though!

Sherry, sounds like Aprille is proving soothing practices to you right now. I hope that your mother's death hasn't brought up new problems/issues for you.

Waving to all; hope it's a good start to your week.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 04:14 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a planned rest day although I did do Beth's MUDRA & MANTRA meditation on YouTube, which was very calming. Thank you, Beth! I liked that it was short yet I was still able to get into that relaxation response. It's here if you want to try it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYrpIfv-eos

Pam, the Kim Eng yin class you did were the Yin Yoga 1 Poses from the DVD. The practice I did was her Yin Yoga 2 Poses from the DVD. I also like the Yin Yoga 1 Poses that you did but I like the Yin Yoga 2 Poses even more.

Cyana, those 80 squats you did are great!
Our youngest son got the Pfizer vaccine. I'll have to look into pharmacies in the mid afternoon to see if there are openings. My DH and I think it might be best to go to a location that gives drive-up vaccines so we don't have to get out of our car and wait in a long line with a ton of people. The Dodger Stadium is one location that offers drive-up vaccines.
We saw "My Octopus Teacher" and it was surprising that the man established a relationship with a mollusk!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 09:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, glad you enjoyed the meditation!

I also filmed a video yesterday for my "VIP" series; the featured pose was Warrior 2. The lighting was better, but I don't think I got the positioning of my box light quite right. I'll have to play around with it some more.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote