Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-19, 01:45 PM  
marki64

Michelle's One on One vs. Peak 10's

I looked at the clips of One on One. I do like the looks of it and like that they are half an hour in length. Are the moves very similar to Peak 10's? Is it a challenging 30 min? The strength and abs look good. Maybe a little different?

I did read the reviews thread but I would like to hear from those that like her Peak 10's as a comparison.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 02:52 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I haven't done the Peak 10s in a long time, but I think in addition to these being shorter in length, they seem less intense (from my memory of Peak 10s). Much more doable for me, but for someone who's used to Peak 10, they may not be tough enough.
Old 12-29-19, 04:21 PM  
muggle

I’ve only done 2 of the cardio workouts so far and they are easier than Peak 10...in my opinion. The intensity just isn’t there. That certainly does not mean they’re easy, just not as hard as Peak 10. Plus she’s alone, in her gym...so that’s different. Every time the camera angle changes on her, a small screen pops up so you will always have a straight view of her. Sort of weird. Plus, no real warm up. I’m not sure what I think of them yet. I usually do a workout at least twice before I form an opinion of it. But, these offer a decent short workout from Michelle. If you like Peak 10 then I’m guessing you’ll like these...just shorter and a bit easier.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 04:48 PM  
Mickey12

I think the moves are similar to those in Peak 10. They are very different in my opinion because they are only 30 minutes, less intense and don’t have proper warmups. The Peak 10 workouts have a lot of background exercisers and in the new ones, it’s just MIchelle alone.

I prefer a full warmup and cool down and background exercisers,
but I like the new ones because they’re shorter and easier. The Peak 10 workouts are wicked hard to me.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 07:23 PM  
manleym

I've only done two of the One-on-One workouts, and wasn't feeling 100%, so that influences my opinion. Personally, I lke the set and energy of Peak 10 better. I like that one-on-one are 30 minutes, so they are flexible and offer variety (strength, cardio, mobility), but they don't have the vibe or energy of Peak 10. I don't think they are as intense as Peak 10.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 07:31 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I don't think these are shorter versions of the Peak 10 workouts. Peak 10 is much harder IMHO, both in terms of length and intensity. The one in the new series that comes closest is the Cardio Strength workout which does have the same pattern that she uses in Peak 10 but not the same moves. I haven't done the Total Body or Mobility workouts yet, but the upper and lower body workouts and the cardio one is different from Peak 10. All are easier IMO, so if you are looking for "Michele Lite" this series could qualify. There are no warm ups in the new series to speak of, and the cool down/stretch is not quite enough for me either. I wish at least she would have put in a warm up segment and a stretch segment that could be added or not added to the other workouts if desired. This would make the workouts more in the 35-40 minute range if both were included, but I would have preferred that option. I always liked the format of Peak 10 since both the "base camp" and "ascent" could be used as additional warm up at the start.

Both of these series have value IMHO, and they are different from one another. It's easier to make Peak 10 shorter and less intense, more difficult to make this series both longer and more intense unless workouts are combined. I'm finding ways to make the new ones work for me.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 08:33 PM  
marki64

Thanks for input. Exactly the info I was looking for. I will pass for now. But maybe in the future I will change my mind.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
michelle dozois, one on one, peak 10