Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-19, 07:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Carbmanager app

Is anyone using Carbmanager app and if so, what's been your experience with it. Do you like it, were you successful with it? If you had also used MyFitnessPal, which one do you prefer and why?

ETA: I started the same thread almost a year ago but wonder if anyone else has tried it since.
Old 07-19-19, 01:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I do like CarbManager better than MyFitnessPal for watching carbs. But, tracking in general seems to backfire for me, so I've not stuck with any tracker for very long. I think I stuck with Noom the longest -- it's a little more than a tracker obviously.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-19, 02:09 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I do like CarbManager better than MyFitnessPal for watching carbs. But, tracking in general seems to backfire for me, so I've not stuck with any tracker for very long. I think I stuck with Noom the longest -- it's a little more than a tracker obviously.
Several years ago I tracked with WW online and was very successful losing in 22 lbs. Then, I got bored with it and counting "points", my motivation evaporated and I slowly gained the 22 lbs back. Over the next few years, I've put on 10 lbs. more. I've got to get a handle on it and lose this weight. I know I can do it, but 15 years ago I was very motivated. Currently I'm reading The Diabetes Code book by Dr. Jason Fung that was recommended on another thread, and I'm getting sufficiently worried to get my butt in gear and try to lose the weight before I actually develop diabetes.
Old 07-19-19, 06:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

The motivation piece is so tricky! Some weeks I am hugely motivated and then I have a few days of just not caring. The struggle is real. Good luck, Dana!
bee is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
food logging, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, noom, weight watchers