Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-12-20, 06:51 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Deb - I have a lamb marinating for our Easter dinner tomorrow. The plan is for DH to grill it, but we’re not sure if the weather is going to cooperate or not. It’s supposed to rain.
I woke up to that rain moving through our area. Looks like a wet soggy Easter. Perfect day to be shut indoors.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 05:10 PM  
Sissy B

Happy Easter!!!

Saturday, 4/11 - 10,291 steps/4.35 miles

The weather has not been as bad today as we expected so DH was able to grill the leg of lamb using the rotisserie accessory for his grill. It did sprinkle a couple of times, but luckily that was after he finished cooking lunch. It is really windy though.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-20, 09:39 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I just did Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles 4 Mile Walk. Working on computer full time is killing my neck and back, so I need to move more. DH did a ham, cheesy potatoes, and green jello salad for Easter. He dropped some off to his Dad and our DS/GF. Our weather got cool again today, so I didn't walk outside. I don't know if it's allergies or a cold, but my sinuses are a mess right now.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-20, 12:24 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 4/12 - 3805 steps/1.61 miles
Monday, 4/13 - 6135 steps/2.6 miles

Chrys
- My sinuses are driving me crazy too, but I'm pretty sure it's allergies. Plus, yesterday was day 3 of cleaning out the shed so I was exposed to lots of dust along with the pollen. And spraying lots of 409 to clean various items, which always irritates me. I usually use The Method products for that reason.
Old 04-14-20, 04:54 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

My sourdough whole wheat rolls were kind of a flop. The flavor was good, but they didn't rise much. Maybe next time I'll try mixing a little yeast in too.

I'm walking on the treadmill (as I type) and did 30 minutes of Jessica Smith Yin Yang workout today. I talked to my daughter for 50 minutes and one of my sisters for 90 minutes. My daughter's WFH is really slow and she is bored. I just checked the news for the day. Our town's monthly food pantry distribution which was scheduled for this Thursday (always the 3rd Thursday has been cancelled. 😦

Hopefully I'll make it to the nature trail tomorrow. Steps this week:

3,281, 8,131, TBD

Not much else to say----see you tomorrow!
Old 04-15-20, 12:21 PM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 4/14 - 6488 steps/2.75 miles

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do anything right now. I've been feeling a little depressed the last couple of days and I know it's because of what's going on the world right now and the uncertainty of when we're going to be able to get back to some sort of normal in our everyday lives. I'm not sleeping well either and I know that's not helping.

DH and I were supposed to get our hair cut today. Of course, that's not happening. DH keeps his hair really short, but he's starting to look a little shaggy. I told him to put a baseball cap on and deal with it. I'm not bothering to dry my hair and I'm wearing my hair curly. It hides the roots better that way.

Leslie - DD's bored up at the condo by herself. Once she finishes her online classes she's planning to come home for a little while. She's very social so it's hard for her to spend so much time inside by herself. She misses interaction with people.
Old 04-16-20, 09:41 AM  
dbclark44

Monday 4/13 - TM 45 min/2.10 miles; Cathe XTrain Bis & Tris; Slim & Limber

Haven't done anything since Monday. Like you Sissy, there are days when I have a difficult time motivating myself. I'll be glad when your DD comes home for a while. She must be lonely, poor thing.

Chrys, saw your FB post about your sinus infection. Hope you feel better soon. My daily Zyrtec is helping me not be worse than I am. Other than occasional nose blowing and sneezing, I feel fine. Yesterday I was in bad shape physically. I was so stiff and sore, my whole body. Tuesday, I had went out in the yard and picked up yard waste. More pine cones and twigs fell from the strong winds we've had lately. Second time I've done it this month. Those pine cones are not good for the lawn mover. So I try and get to them before DH gets out there to cut. Anyway, I guess all that bending up and down did a number on me this time because I was so achy. Feel much much better today.

We'll be in the 50s and dry today so Leslie and I both should be able to get some outdoor walking in. Not much sunshine but dry at least. Like you Leslie, when I get on the phone these days my calls last 60-90 minutes too. I facetime with my siblings and son a lot. Those are normally quick check-ins at around 10-20 minutes but are more frequent throughout the day.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Old 04-16-20, 07:19 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I haven't worked out in 2 days because I have a sinus infection. I'm still trying to tough it out without going to the doctor. We got a couple of inches of snow yesterday, and it's still here now.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 10:22 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 4/16 - Park 25 min/1.13 miles

Another lackluster effort of walking in the park yesterday that ended with me only doing a mile. Just not feeling it once I get there.

So I get ready to leave the park only to find my car decided to die on me. DH came and jumped it, got it home and changed out the battery. That seems to have fixed it. He said i haven't been driving it enough. Car sat for over 2 months while we were in FL and started right up when I drove it. I let it sit for 4 days and it dies. To be honest, I think it was ready to go. My last oil check they said it wasn't charging to 100% like it should. But DH wanted to wait and just let it die. He's more of a reactive person while I'm more of a proactive person and believe in taking care of things before they die.

Worked out well though being stuck at the park on a mild dry day. Rainy now and cloudy. Chrys, my son got some of that snow you got overnight. He showed me a pic and it is so pretty. Snow on 17 April. Man oh man.

I didn't do anything after I got home. DH went and bought the battery and put it in. I worked on my floors some more, cleaning and waxing them. I still have some stubborn spots that won't shine like I want them to, so will be doing some more work on those over next couple of days. I don't do my floors all at once. I do one area, then another. I need to get a nice area rug for my dining room. Be that much less floor to clean and wax each time.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Old 04-17-20, 11:41 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 4/15 - 10,580 steps/4.48 miles
Thursday, 4/16 - 10,473 steps/4.43 miles

Chrys
- I hope you feel better soon. My sinuses are driving me crazy. Something has started blooming in the last couple of days that triggers me so all I have to do is walk outside and they start closing off and I can't breathe.

Yesterday was our anniversary. And even though we couldn't go anywhere to celebrate, we actually got out of the house for a little while. We went to the post office to check our P.O. Box, CVS where we got a few things we needed and DH got me gift cards to Barnes & Noble for our anniversary (the perfect gift so I can keep my Nook loaded), and the Farmers Market/Produce Stand to get potatoes and mushrooms to have with our steak that he cooked last night. DH's anniversary gift is supposed to be delivered today. I ordered him a Napolean basket for his grill/rotisserie and a set of seasonings from Atlanta Grill Company.

DH goes back to work tomorrow night. He was supposed to go back yesterday, but since it was our anniversary he took a couple of vacation days. He likes having the 7 days off in a row because he actually has time to get things done. We worked on cleaning out the shed and he has trimmed all the bushes around the back of the house and done some maintenance on his boat.

The governor announced this morning that our Shelter in Place order has been extended through April 27th. I'm not surprised by that at all, I was expecting it.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers