Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-20, 12:48 PM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 3/17 - Park walk 62 min/2.8 miles
Wednesday 3/18 - Park walk 56 min/2.59 miles
Today 3/21 - TM 65 min/3.05 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch

Slowly but surely DH and I are trying to move a little. Seems like the world fell apart as soon as I got home. Presidential election is barely being mentioned. IL did go through with their primaries though at least in my small town.

Finally got on the treadmill today. First time since being home. Chilly this morning in the 30s. Waiting on it to climb into the 40s before we head out to the park.

IL is under lockdown starting today. No big deal for DH and I, we had already been staying close to home. Don't know what's open when you get there so no use going. Supermarkets and pharmacies are open though which is a big deal. So this looks like it's the new norm for a while as DH said this morning. Going out to the park and walking makes a big difference to help break up the day.

My heart goes out to all those affected by these times we going through. DH and I are so grateful not to be dealing with this while working that we decided to call it quits when we did. Prayers go out to your hubbies Sissy and Chrys. For your daughter too Sissy. You guys are feeling the effects of this I know.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 07:28 AM  
dbclark44

SAturday 3/21 - 13382/5.96; Park walk 43 min/2 miles

Best day working out since last month! No weights but I need to concentrate on moving regularly. So me and the tm and parks are getting reacquainted.

Lousy weather day here today. Right now it's 34, rain and snow showers coming, high of 43. Think I'll be staying in today.

I made it to the park alone yesterday. DH bailed on me. Few people out, walking dogs, getting kids some exercise. There's a tennis court at this park (my favorite park if I had to admit). Yesterday a lady had her dog inside the tennis courts and this dog was going wild running around and round that court. She was following him recording him. He was a little guy the size of a chihuahua. So appreciate spell check. Never could have spelled the chi word on my own. Anyway, that little guy was having himself a good time. Not such a great idea for her to turn the tennis court into a dog park but heck no one was using it. I don't blame her. Dog was getting in a good workout for sure. They need to put in a dog park there. Looks like they have the space.

Now today is one of those days I'm happy for my dvds and streaming. Gyms are shut down, not that I had any membership anywhere. I cancelled my Y one before leaving for FL and PF was only good while we were there. My fallback option is the base gym if I ever want to start working out on base which is not very appealing to me at the moment. Not at this time in my life anyway. The base does have a really nice track that wraps around the golf course and flight line. 6 miles if you go all the way round. I never have. I turn when I'm ready to double what I've done to a point. But they're closed too. So I have weights downstairs and will be getting in a couple of good workouts today.

While walking on the tm yesterday I had Cathe PHA 3 running so I could preview it. I did it once in FL out on the lanai and remember modifying a lot of the moves, lower body ones anyway. I just wanted to watch it while not doing it. So that may be on today's agenda.

And in between workouts I'll be watching a little tv reading listening to music or podcasts. And cleaning! Man I hate cleaning. But I've been putting off some things that need to be done.

So have a great Sunday ladies. My pastor will be streaming live today so I'll be online when he does.

Old 03-22-20, 12:59 PM  
Sissy B

Hi everyone! I'll update my daily steps later (which honestly, are not great), right now my phone is on the charger but I thought I would go ahead and check-in.

I watched two online church services this morning - the church we attend when we're visiting DD and our local church. One was live at 10 and the other at 11. I even got up and put on a summer dress when I got dressed today. Our high is 79.

DH has been working night shift since Wednesday. He has been on a project/special assignment for a couple of years but with everything that's going on they put him back on his regular work crew for now. Friday I took our signed tax forms back to the accountant to have them e-filed. It's amazing how much has changed in just a few days. Tuesday when I picked them up I went into the lobby and got them from the receptionist. Friday I had to ride up the old-fashioned elevator, stay on the elevator and put them on a cart through a slot in the gate that's blocking access to the lobby. I went ahead and stopped by the grocery store while I was out (lots of stuff is still out of stock - peanut butter, bread, rice, beans - but I was able to get a few things) and I picked up a couple of more bags of dog food and treats at PetSmart. I've been home since Friday afternoon.

The appliance repairman came Wednesday afternoon. The refrigerator in the garage can be fixed, if they can find the parts they need to fix it. The controller has been discontinued. It needs a new damper and controller and the freezer part has a defrost problem so it's not working right either. If they can't fix it, we're not going to replace it right now. It's an inconvenience at most. I have moved the food from the freezer side into our upright freezer and all that we have in the refrigerator side right now is a few drinks.

Still not working out, but I did find a great YouTube channel that has beginner workouts for the rower so I've been checking that out. Planet Fitness is closed so DH is going to have to figure out how to get his workouts in at home. Luckily we do have a treadmill and recumbent bike in addition to my rower so we have options. I also have several kettlebells and dumbbells. DD is trying to figure out how to get some activity in at the condo. It's small, so it's hard to get your steps in when you have to stay at home.

I hate cleaning too! But I did clean my bathtub yesterday. I have a load of DH's uniforms in the washer right now and I'm going to make some soup in a little while. I made chili the other night and I froze the rest of the spaghetti sauce that I had made earlier in the week. When I went grocery shopping earlier this week I planned meals that made a lot and that would freeze well.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 05:20 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 3/18 - 6162 steps/2.61 miles
Thursday, 3/19 - 6377 steps/2.7 miles
Friday, 3/20 - 9227 steps/3.93 miles
Saturday, 3/21 - 4468 steps/1.89 miles

DH has gone to work. I have the first batch of soup simmering on the stove and all the vegetables are chopped and ready to make the second batch.
Old 03-22-20, 05:22 PM  
Sissy B

I know things are not normal right now, but please keep checking in when you can and let us know how you're doing/what's going on in your life whether you're recording your steps/workouts right now or not.
Old 03-23-20, 04:01 PM  
dbclark44

Sunday 3/22 - TM 3 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch

Wow Sissy, chili sounds like such a great idea here right now. It is cloudy and chilly in the 40s. DH went to the park and I had a blast of energy to do some quick cleaning so mopped floors and vacuumed while he was out. Even got one of many shelves I want to clean off done.

Got in those miles 1 at a time yesterday. After the first mile I stopped to watch our online church sermon. After the 2nd mile I stopped to get something to eat. Then I did the 3rd mile and ended stretching with Cathe.

We're all doing fine here on my side in IL. DS is working from home and DD as well.

Have a great Monday afternoon ladies.

Old 03-23-20, 07:59 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. 3 mile walks yesterday and today. Piper wanted me to do "funny exercises" with her so she was my weight for squats, other legwork, bicep curls and bench press.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 01:51 PM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 3/22 - 6898 steps/2.92 miles
Monday, 3/23 - 5023 steps/2.13 miles

Deb
- It's not really soup or chili weather here, but I'm trying to cook as healthy as possible and make things that make a lot and freeze well for future meals since we really don't know how long we're going to be social-isolating at this point. I'm trying to limit my trips to the grocery store right now until things settle down. Plus, it's really good chili!

Chrys - That is too cute! I know you're enjoying having time with your granddaughters.

DD started online classes yesterday. Last week she sanded and repainted the cabinets in the half bath downstairs and in my bathroom upstairs at the condo. She also repainted the trim in the half bath. DH works night shift again tonight and then he'll be off for the next 7 days before returning to work on day shift for the next set. Today is Mississippi State Day on the SEC Network so right now I'm watching the MSU/Kentucky game from last fall. I also went ahead and completed our census online a few minutes ago.

I made Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas yesterday for lunch and today we're having Sesame Seared Tuna with sliced avocado and Chopped Caesar Salad for lunch.
Old 03-25-20, 07:40 PM  
cdayley

Yesterday was a 2 mile granddog walk. Today was a 2 mile granddog walk and some Firm style weight work.
Idaho is now doing shelter in place for 3 weeks.
Sissy, those lunches sound fabulous!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:45 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 3/24 - 4794 steps/2.03 miles
Wednesday, 3/25 - 6608 steps/2.8 miles
Thursday, 3/26 - 5953 steps/2.52 miles

DH is on his 7 off set on the shift schedule. He'll go back to work on April 2nd on day shift for 7 days. We've cleaned out and reorganized our closet and gone through some of the clutter in our bedroom. We found several things to give to Goodwill and our garbage can and recycling bin was full when we put them out last night. I'm going to change the sheets on our bed today and I have a load of laundry going.

Chrys - Thanks! We're trying to eat as healthy as we can right now.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers