Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-20, 01:56 PM  
Mickey12

[QUOTE=kittybug;2872754]Happy Wednesday!!

Today was Tabatacise for me, and did you know, if you get SLEEP, you feel better?? OMG, gals, this went SO differently than last week...still so hard but fun but HARD. I'm the kind of person who takes a while to warm up and due to that, I always find the first tabata hard to get through...today was no different but I wasn't considering skipping out after the second tabata like I was last week, hah hah hah!! Then suddenly, I was through the fifth tabata and realized I was nearly done, and I never had to pause in between tabata rounds 4A and 4B like last week.

Kittybug, you had me laughing out loud with this part of your post,

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 02:21 PM  
manleym

[QUOTE=Mickey12;2872873]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Wednesday!!

Today was Tabatacise for me, and did you know, if you get SLEEP, you feel better?? OMG, gals, this went SO differently than last week...still so hard but fun but HARD. I'm the kind of person who takes a while to warm up and due to that, I always find the first tabata hard to get through...today was no different but I wasn't considering skipping out after the second tabata like I was last week, hah hah hah!! Then suddenly, I was through the fifth tabata and realized I was nearly done, and I never had to pause in between tabata rounds 4A and 4B like last week.

Kittybug, you had me laughing out loud with this part of your post,

Kim
Kittybug is hilarious! I'm always laughing at something she posted!

And glad Tabatacise was easier for you this week! Sleep makes a HUGE difference!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 03:45 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Love hearing details of the Cathe Lives that you guys do. That low impact one with the 27 different moves sounds so fun, ChelePA. Tempting!

kittybug, sleep is a wonder drug, isn't it?! I recently cleaned up my eating and I'm sleeping so much better. That said, I still feel tired for workouts some mornings. Probably stress more than anything, I'm guessing.

manleym, loved your well wishes for everyone -- I agree -- and good advice for ChelePA regarding your mom -- hope she remembers to be safe! She sounds like someone who doesn't like to be idle.

This morning on a complete whim I downloaded the Peloton app (for their free trial) and did an outside walk/run. Thought about the recent conversation here on running. Cathe's cardio has definitely helped me -- I haven't tried running in a long time and was able to run all their intervals. Toward the end I was having a hard time kicking it up a notch or two, but I was somewhat amazed I got through it as it was. I'm looking forward to trying more things from them.
Old 05-07-20, 04:45 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Thursday to Everyone

ChelPA- I understand your concerns about your Mom. I hope that she stays safe.

Cataddict- Thank you for the Steve Sansoucie info. I am going to try one of his youtube step workouts this weekend.

Lavna- I think that I read that some families are opting not to send their elementary children back to school yet and are waiting until Fall.

Today I did wk 1/day 4 of my program. It was a lower body focused day.
I also did the new Cathe Live-296- Touch Up Training: Upper Body. This workout was just OK. For me it lacked structure. We did a little of this upper body exercise and a little of that upper body exercise and threw in some core work with no real rhyme or reasoning. The counts were off for several exercise but thankfully Cathe did seem to take things in stride. I will most likely not repeat this workout as there are many more of her Live upper body workouts that I prefer. I did go light on the weigh because tomorrow is my an upper body day for the program I am doing.

Stay Safe!
horusosiris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 04:59 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Friends!

Today was Cathe Live Kickboxing Plus Core, Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders, finished with Cathe's Total Body Stretching - all 3 since they're only about 10-12 minutes each. Funny - I've been doing so much yoga after my workouts that I didn't think Cathe was holding the poses for as long as I thought she should.

These XTrain workouts just fly! Time's up before I know it! And I'm feeling Legs from yesterday!

On tap for tomorrow is Cathe Live Cardio Fusion, Super Cuts, and some stretchy/yogaish finisher.

I've added the Cathe Live Low Impact Circuit to my "want to do" list. Looks like it's only being played once this week. Hopefully it will be offered next week too.

Cataddict I'll be interested to read your thoughts on Low Impact Blast Off.

Hugs and waves to everyone! Please let us know how you are doing!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 06:41 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday all!!

ChelePA, your mom!!! Wow, I'd be worried too!

I'm wondering if anyone else here is starting to feel a bit desensitized like I am to everything virus? I think I've watched too much news...but then again, it also seems like things really are NOT calming down and yet restrictions are starting to be eased, though often arbitrarily and without any logic that I can understand...is it just me?

Nathalie, I'm with you on the hair, my goodness...I was due a month ago for a blending foil and cut. I'm growing out my natural color after years because I actually don't know what it is anymore and I'm curious. Thanks to the lock-down, I've grown out so much now the blending foil is pointless. Bright side is money will be saved, I suppose, when salons do open again!

And cataddict, I was thinking the same with Nathalie...yes, please feel free to throw in some French now and then if that's your first language! To me it's the most beautiful language in the world and I drool every time I hear someone speaking it!

Hah, Kim and Manleym, I didn't know I was funny...funny looking, maybe? Hee hee!! Glad I made you giggle...we all need some lightness in these weird dark times!!

Bee, dang, now you have me going again on the running! How long had it been since you ran before this one? Did you start out walking and then kicked it up or...do tell! That's just awesome!

Horusosiris, report back if you do Steve...I keep meaning to try one of his vids but, you know, too many workouts, not enough time for us mere mortals not doing eleventy-two workouts a day!

Manleym, I agree these Xtrain workouts FLY by. So much variety and goodness!!

Today I did the Supercuts extreme premix plus core #2, about 73 minutes or something, and it was a perfect workout for my still sore legs and general end of the week fatigue...a little of this and a little of that but not too much of any one thing! But that core #2 is TOUGH and it comes right after the evil eight sets of ankle grabbers into pushups....yikes! So that was hard, but it goes quickly.

I think tomorrow is All Out Low Impact HIIT which I'm not sure I've ever actually done.... Must look back into my log...

Stay fierce, everyone!! Waves to everyone and anyone I might have missed!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:29 PM  
lavna

kittybug: I agree with you. As someone said here, with this virus, "we are building the plane while it's flying" or in French "nous construisons l'avion pendant qu'il vole!"
For me, it's Italian! I think it's such a beautiful language. Maybe when I'm retired (some day…), I should take Italian lessons.

All out low impact hiit is fun. I think you will like it!

cataddict: After reading your post, I decided to do Low impact blast off. I found it harder than I recalled. I guess than doing Live #32 "Hi/Lo Hiit with step" before was NOT a good idea! For abs, I did the segment from Step, jump and pump. Phew! I had forgotten how hard it was! (in a good way!)

horusosiris: You are right! They're having a problem because more people than expected are sending their children back. IIRC, they were expecting 50% and it's more 75%.

bee: I totally agree with you on sleep being a wonder drug. I have a lot of problems with my sleep (night sweats, maybe apnea and insomnia) and I find that I have less energy and endurance than before. I'm trying new life habits in the hope of improving it!

Take care everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 07:52 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Love hearing details of the Cathe Lives that you guys do. That low impact one with the 27 different moves sounds so fun, ChelePA. Tempting!

kittybug, sleep is a wonder drug, isn't it?! I recently cleaned up my eating and I'm sleeping so much better. That said, I still feel tired for workouts some mornings. Probably stress more than anything, I'm guessing.

manleym, loved your well wishes for everyone -- I agree -- and good advice for ChelePA regarding your mom -- hope she remembers to be safe! She sounds like someone who doesn't like to be idle.

This morning on a complete whim I downloaded the Peloton app (for their free trial) and did an outside walk/run. Thought about the recent conversation here on running. Cathe's cardio has definitely helped me -- I haven't tried running in a long time and was able to run all their intervals. Toward the end I was having a hard time kicking it up a notch or two, but I was somewhat amazed I got through it as it was. I'm looking forward to trying more things from them.
Bee, that’s awesome! Good for you for trying the run with the Peloton app. And kudos for finishing strong!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 09:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

kittybug, I'm thinking the same thing about hair! I've been coloring it for so long---way before it started to go grey---and it's been so many colors from dark purple to dark brown to blonde to reddish---it will be a new discovery to see what I'm left with! So far it's mostly grey with some sort of brown in it. Honestly it doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would to see so much grey. It's a bright grey that contrasts with the brown and looks similar to highlights. I bought some root touch up but haven't used it yet.

horusosiris, I look forward to your thoughts on Steven. Hope you like him!

manleym, I liked Low Impact Blast Off. It moves very quickly but at the end everything feels worked. I decided to skip the sit up/push up ending since I just did this sequence yesterday. Instead I decided to do a mash up Imax 2 since I'm now in the intensity series. Initially I planned on doing just the step portions prior to the blasts, but saw that they were way too short and there wasn't a premix for it. So I managed to do the entire IMAX 2, blasts and all! I told myself if it was too much I would stop since I had already done a Live but just kept going! Yay, me!!

lavna, I love that expression and it really does describe the current virus situation! Like you I've discovered that combining some workouts isn't always a great idea! I sure found that out when I did maximum intensity cardio in its entirety and a Cathe Live 30 minutes later. Hard!

bee, I really liked the 27 moves Cathe Live as well! After Cathe announced there would be 27 drills in it I said to myself "Are you &^%%ing kidding me?" but I quickly lost track of how many I had done. They weren't super long. I admit I was ready to stop around 23 but kept going to the end. I actually haven't counted them but I am wondering if she counts the ones where she does each side as two drills or one since it's the same move.

ChelePA, I understand your concern about your mom, particularly since she is a smoker. She sounds like she is determined to make her own decisions, and I also understand that feeling since I'm not that much younger than she is. I know you didn't ask for advice, but maybe it would help if you tell her you love her and for her to please take all the precautions to keep her safe. I know that I would be more receptive to that approach since I am kind of a stubborn older person myself.

I haven't decided what I will do tomorrow. I really liked the Upper Body/Lower Body Dumbbell challenge that's on at 5 tomorrow but I have a tweaky lower bad and think I need to wait another day to do much weight work.

Waves to all! Keep safe and stay fierce!!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 09:43 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
kittybug, I'm thinking the same thing about hair! I've been coloring it for so long---way before it started to go grey---and it's been so many colors from dark purple to dark brown to blonde to reddish---it will be a new discovery to see what I'm left with! So far it's mostly grey with some sort of brown in it. Honestly it doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would to see so much grey. It's a bright grey that contrasts with the brown and looks similar to highlights. I bought some root touch up but haven't used it yet.

horusosiris, I look forward to your thoughts on Steven. Hope you like him!

manleym, I liked Low Impact Blast Off. It moves very quickly but at the end everything feels worked. I decided to skip the sit up/push up ending since I just did this sequence yesterday. Instead I decided to do a mash up Imax 2 since I'm now in the intensity series. Initially I planned on doing just the step portions prior to the blasts, but saw that they were way too short and there wasn't a premix for it. So I managed to do the entire IMAX 2, blasts and all! I told myself if it was too much I would stop since I had already done a Live but just kept going! Yay, me!!

lavna, I love that expression and it really does describe the current virus situation! Like you I've discovered that combining some workouts isn't always a great idea! I sure found that out when I did maximum intensity cardio in its entirety and a Cathe Live 30 minutes later. Hard!

bee, I really liked the 27 moves Cathe Live as well! After Cathe announced there would be 27 drills in it I said to myself "Are you &^%%ing kidding me?" but I quickly lost track of how many I had done. They weren't super long. I admit I was ready to stop around 23 but kept going to the end. I actually haven't counted them but I am wondering if she counts the ones where she does each side as two drills or one since it's the same move.

ChelePA, I understand your concern about your mom, particularly since she is a smoker. She sounds like she is determined to make her own decisions, and I also understand that feeling since I'm not that much younger than she is. I know you didn't ask for advice, but maybe it would help if you tell her you love her and for her to please take all the precautions to keep her safe. I know that I would be more receptive to that approach since I am kind of a stubborn older person myself.

I haven't decided what I will do tomorrow. I really liked the Upper Body/Lower Body Dumbbell challenge that's on at 5 tomorrow but I have a tweaky lower bad and think I need to wait another day to do much weight work.

Waves to all! Keep safe and stay fierce!!
Thanks so much for the advice. We are now in lockdown until the beginning of June. Just got extended today. Our cases have gone up by 50 percent the last few days. This is my concern. But I know she’s going to do her own thing. Just hope she takes things seriously. I have tried every approach with my mom. I can’t even discuss her smoker’s cough and higher risk because she pretends she hasn’t smoked in over 20 years. I will continue to remind in a loving way.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in