Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-20, 05:50 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Today was Tabatacise...dang that is hard!!! It just never gets easier! Tomorrow will be Bis and Tris plus core.

Kim, I'm trying to figure out where to fit in Super Cuts...might be next week!

Horusosiris, YOU are crushing it, seriously!!

Bee, I'm very worried about fanofladyvols. I've reached out as have others but nothing. I fear something is really wrong!

ChelePA, I was thinking the same thing, 45 minutes of core??? FIERCE!

Waves to Cataddict, ManleyM, Momofcha, KateTT, anybody I've missed!! Stay fierce, friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 06:03 PM  
manleym

Yea, ChelePA don't know about that 45 min core workout. Yay for you for getting through it!

Kim I think I've about worn out Supercuts. I used to do that workout so much! The push-up/sit-up sequence is WICKED!! Hope you enjoyed your walk with your hubby. So glad the weather is nice today.

Bee 4 DS step is so FUN! Love the whole series! And yes, I'm also concerned about Fanofladyvols. She has not posted ANYTHING in a while, on any threads, which is not like her. I'm really hoping she is ok.

Kittybug and Cataddict what craziness did ya'll do today? I did Low Impact Hiit and Bi's & Tri's. LIH was so much fun! I didn't want it to be over! The time just flew; no repeats, a little floor, a little step, and a little disks. Just a good cardio workout. Bi's & Tri's is good for a gal like me who does..not..like..working...bi's...or...tri's. Nice length, variety of exercises. If I HAVE to do Bi's & Tri's this is a good one.

Waves to Momofcha, Horusosiris, KateTT!! I hope everyone is doing well! I love reading which workouts you're doing and how you are doing.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 07:19 PM  
Mickey12

Manley, I like the sit-up/push-up combo too (in Supercuts) but I can’t keep Cathe’s pace. I also like the row and arrow move. I think I like it because I think the name is so clever! And it’s one of the easier moves which gives me a little break, ha!

Kittybug I think I will mix in some of the weight workouts from Xtrain, but I tend to gravitate to the cardio workouts. Maybe tomorrow I’ll do Chest Back and Shoulders. You have me worried for Tabatacise. If you found it hard, I’m a goner!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:43 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Yesterday I did Rhythmic Step and Kick Butt Bootcamp (Cathe Live). I really like the combos in RS, but the music is hit or miss. There's a 5 minute song that has the howling woman and I find it tough to focus on the workout. Fortunately it's a small portion of the whole thing. Kick Butt Bootcamp is a great short five rounds that don't repeat. It's only 36 mins, IIRC.

Today I did Cross Train Xpress Power Circuit and In the Ring (Cathe Live). I'm doing the Cross Train Xpress workouts without the single body part weight work. I have never liked working only one body part per day, and I've been getting plenty of other weight work. Power Circuit alternates step cardio with barbell or dumbbell lower body in the circuit section. The workout also has some kickboxing and hi/lo. It was different and I liked it. Speaking of Cross Train Xpress, I just noticed that the DVD issue has 2 bonuses that I've never done---an upper body workout that combines the single body part segments from the other workouts, and an abs workout that combines the abs sections from the other workouts. I can't see that I will use the abs bonus, but I definitely intend to try the upper body one! In the Ring is pretty short and wasn't a killer, but I don't have weighted gloves and holding dumbbells, even light ones, seem to bother my shoulders.

manleym, I don't think those workouts qualify as crazy! I forgot that the push up/sit up combo was on Supercuts! This combo rears it's ugly head on a number of the Lives. Depending on how tough the Live is, sometimes I'm up for doing them and sometimes I'm not. I forget which one it was, but I was thinking "are you kidding me?" I also like Low Impact HiIT a lot

ChelePA, I don't think I do 45 minutes of ab work in a week! I can't imagine doing that much at one time! Wow! You are definitely fierce! I also liked the Low Impact Blast Off a lot!

Kim, I'm with you, girl, I don't like working abs/core and most often get the work in either isometrically or in kickboxing.

momofcha, we installed hardwood floors last year and love them!! So do the cats as they now sound like a herd of elephants as they run down the hall!

horusosiris, I like your mish mosh workout! I do that too sometimes. It's kind of what I plan to do when I get to DVDs with premixes eventually--combine them with each other.

KateTT, there are definitely some glitches with getting all the stimulus payments. My ex DH hasn't gotten his either. It took awhile for my DH to get his unemployment and then it showed up in the checking account with no warning. And forget about talking to a live person on the phone or via chat. Not happening, at least not in our state. He hopes he did everything correctly but I guess if he got money he did something right. I also liked Push/Pull. I haven't done the premix you mentioned -- it sounds tough! I think the "as is" workout is easier than the Push Pull workouts on Fit Split. Have you done those?

kittybug, I remember Tabatacise was tough! Good that you made it through!

bee and kittybug, I've also tried reaching out to Fanofladyvols. I'm hoping she is just taking a break from the forum.

Waving to all!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 08:38 AM  
ChelePA

You ladies had me laughing about the core workout yesterday. It was pretty intense.

Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio/Pull Day. I love the use of the loop on some of the upper body exercises. And my hamstrings definitely felt it with those stability ball roll ins. I prefer to only do weight work for about 30 minutes so this series is perfect for that.

I have learned to start using premixes too because many times I would skip weight work if it was too long. Over the years, I have started enjoying it more. But I'm definitely a cardio girl!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 05:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey gals!!

Today was Xtrain Bis and Tris plus Core #2. Good stuff! I love how it builds!

Manleym, I keep forgetting about All Out Low Impact HIIT!!! I should have done that instead of Tabatacise yesterday with the way I was feeling! Oh well! Next week!

ChelePA, I adore Fit Split and am looking forward to getting there.

Cataddict, I notice 'new' bonuses all the time I never noticed before! Like with Xtrain, I haven't even tried these 100 rep challenges yet.

Kim, I can't keep Cathe's pace on those sit-ups/push-ups in Supercuts either! I come close but if I push any more, it's an injury waiting to happen so I just finish when I finish! Did you try Tabatacise? The next time I do that one, it will be after a GOOD night's sleep unlike this week. Lesson learned!

Tomorrow is going to be Cardio Leg Blast, one of the extreme premixes, not sure which one yet.

Hope the rest of you are doing well! Stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 05:23 PM  
manleym

Hi Fierce Friends! I hope you are all having a lovely day!!

Today was Tabatacise and let me tell ya - that is some workout! When I finished it felt the same as after a good, hard run, back in my running days. So I love how I feel afterwards, but when you're recovery move is Power 15's on the step - that tells ya something. BTW, that's only in Tabata 1. The other Tabata's have different recovery moves using the step. So the next time I want the post-workout feeling of a good, hard run, this will be one I pull out.

I followed Tabatacise with a 45 minute Youtube hip opening yoga practice and boy did it feel good!! Sure needed it!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do the Cardio Fusion and XTrain Legs. Depends on how my body feels (if I do CF). I've never done XTrain Legs but word on the street is that it isn't as good or fun as Great Glutes, but I love GG -and that whole "no name" series - they are GREAT workouts!!

How is everyone today??? Waves and hugs to all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 06:57 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Hi Fierce Friends! I hope you are all having a lovely day!!

Today was Tabatacise and let me tell ya - that is some workout! When I finished it felt the same as after a good, hard run, back in my running days. So I love how I feel afterwards, but when you're recovery move is Power 15's on the step - that tells ya something. BTW, that's only in Tabata 1. The other Tabata's have different recovery moves using the step. So the next time I want the post-workout feeling of a good, hard run, this will be one I pull out.

I followed Tabatacise with a 45 minute Youtube hip opening yoga practice and boy did it feel good!! Sure needed it!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to do the Cardio Fusion and XTrain Legs. Depends on how my body feels (if I do CF). I've never done XTrain Legs but word on the street is that it isn't as good or fun as Great Glutes, but I love GG -and that whole "no name" series - they are GREAT workouts!!

How is everyone today??? Waves and hugs to all!!
Manley and Kittybug I wasn't going to do Tabatacise today but you guys talked me into it. Wow, was that FUN, FUN, FUN!! But boy, was it HARD, HARD, HARD!! I had to modify the tuck jumps, I just can't do those and there were some tabatas that I didn't finish the entire 20 seconds which gave me a longer recovery between them. I think my ideal for this workout would be 15 or 20 second recoveries (which basically was what I was taking on some of them when I didn't finish the tabata drills). I really love cardio and I like the variety in this. I should also state that my jumps were not as high as Cathe and my range of motion was not as deep, but I definitely was working at my limit.

I really liked the music towards the end of Tabata 3 - it just made me want to move and groove. Hahaha. And I like that Cathe even admits that it is a hard workout. No kidding!!

So it's not my imagination that this workout is a lot harder than the first Hiit workout she did with the Shock Cardio series, right? I mean, first of all, it's 45 minutes and those are only around 30 minutes. Also the rests are a lot longer in those workouts IIRC. I really like her Hiit workouts.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 07:30 PM  
horusosiris

I hope that everyone had a good Wednesday.

Today I did week 2/day 4 (lower body) of my program. The first two weeks of the program the workouts for the individual splits are the same. Later in the day I did KCM's Step Boxing #2- workout 1.

Tomorrow I plan to do the new Cathe Live along with Cathe but since she did not yet post what it will be I may opt for another Cathe Live or other workouts since my weight workouts are determined by the program. Tomorrow the program is upper body focused.

Kim-- I do not think that it is your imagination. I too feel that Tabatacise is more difficult than Shock Cardio Hiit

Manleym- I like the weighted wall squat section in X-Train Legs. Great Glutes is one of my favorite leg workouts because of the diverse and the variety of exercises that Cathe chose. Great Glutes is one of the easier Cathe leg workouts (along with Lean Legs and Abs).

ChelPA
- A great way to get weight work in with your love of cardio is to do metabolic workouts. The weights are generally on the lighter side but the cardio effect is good.

Waves to everyone and keep up the great work.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:51 AM  
ChelePA

I'm really enjoying the Cathe Lives. It's so tempting to subscribe. Loved alternating cardio with metabolic. Another one that just flew by for me. I'm not a big fan of repeating circuits, etc. So I like the no repeat to maybe only doing an exercise twice before moving on.

I might do cardio fusion or kickboxing later. I'm able to do more cardio these days because I'm still modifying in the chair mostly. So I'm never going full blast like you ladies. Keep up the great work!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in