Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-20, 08:54 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I have the one in ICE, cardio kicks, kick max, rev’d up rumble
Ice Rev’d Up Rumble is a good one too. Kick Max is my least favorite. I do not have Cardio Kicks. If you really enjoy kickboxing, I think you would love this one!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 10:24 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

horusosiris: I can't get enough of Body Combat! There are no bad ones to me.

ChelePA: I think you are so awesome to still be exercising even while adapting for you foot.

momofcha: I love how several of us are doing the same workouts. Well done!

I have two things to report. Yesterday I had some extra time and energy so I did Amy Bento's Drop Set Strength. The whole 90 minutes. Yowza! Perhaps overkill after doing Terminator Viper but I felt so good and really enjoyed going super heavy. So a lot of workout yesterday.

Today I can really feel the whole back of my legs and butt.

Today I went back to Les Mills and did Body Attack 107. Still feeling my legs but I had so much fun and still had tons of energy. Totally soaked with sweat despite working out in a chilly basement.

Go fierce girls go!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 11:45 AM  
Mickey12

Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 02:48 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wow, the workouts you people do!!! Way to go! Those Terminator workouts are tough!!

Oh, and thanks everyone for chiming in about Rock Out Knockout and even the step videos. Now I'm wanting that one too! I haven't ordered yet but I'm pretty close....

This morning I did S&H tri's and bi's. Very straightforward. Then I weeded our garden for almost two hours. I will be more sore from that, I fear!
Old 04-23-20, 04:36 PM  
Mickey12

I did Afterburn today from the Low Impact Series. That was seriously brutal to me. Kittybug and Manley and the others who do that one, my hat is off to you. I can't believe you guys do the 74 minute bonus burn premix! Wow, I don't know why I found it so hard. Cathe is really working hard in this one, she was stalling for some rest breaks and I was so happy she did.

I thought my butt would be sore today from doing Ilaria yesterday, but it wasn't. I was glad about that.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 06:17 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce friends, you are all so fierce!!

Bee, yes, you need those workouts you're missing. I love both Party Rockin' Steps for their differences. The one is brain-on-fire choreo and the other is more athletic heart-pumping fun!

KateTT, I knew you'd love Terminator! You would love The Gauntlet too. Oh, and Imax Extreme. You'll love them all! And you're fierce, my goodness, with the back-to-back insane workouts! I have to agree with Kim here!

Horusosiris, you too are fierce with your double workouts, geez...you are all making me feel LAZY!

ChelePA, what gloves do you use for adding intensity? I think I may need some!

Momofcha, I think your hips need a dash of Eoin Finn's Happy Hips, hah hah hah...do you have that one?

Kim, I love that Afterburn premix so much that now it's the only way I do that workout so maybe I'm just used to it, hah!

Gals, I did KCM's Circuit Burn for my first time today...OMG. I loved it! Such a different way to work, such creative moves, and by the end (of the total premix) I was a seriously sweaty mess! She's so no-nonsense but has such a great demeanor at the same time. I really like her! I feel like I will be sore tomorrow because I could really feel my muscles working in different ways than usual. I'm so excited to try more from her, so thank you all for enabling me!

I've gotten turned on to all these new-to-me instructors since this thread took off and I'm loving it!

I might not be able to post tomorrow, but I plan to do Athletic Training before taking Saturday off. Next week I'm delving into Xtrain and really need to plan a rotation (and am open to suggestions!!) ahead of time!

Stay fierce and healthy, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 06:25 PM  
manleym

Kittybug I hope your workouts have arrived! I know you're ready to get them!

Momofcha and Bee I agree with ChelePA and others who have recommended Rockout Knockout. It is one of my go-to fun workouts. So I would recommend getting it. But I love all of the workouts in this "no name" series. I used FlexTrain and Rockout Knockout ALOT. I haven't taken the time to learn them PR Step 1 or 2 but hear they're alot of fun. Then there's X10 - what others am I missing? I was wondering the other day when these workouts will come up in our chrono rotation.

Kate TT thanks for your review of Terminator. Maybe one day I'll try it! Or maybe NOT!! I think I have Amy's Drop Sets in the works for a trade. Any other Amy's that are must-haves?

Kim I think Afterburn was hard for you because you just haven't done it a whole lot. You are FIERCE! So there's no doubt you could kill it! Next time you'll think "humph - that's ALL you have Cathe???"

Yesterday I did Cathe Live Kickbutt Bootcamp and a Youtube Eoin Finn. Have to be honest - don't think I'll come back to these. Today I did Cathe's Live Kickbox + Core and a 45 minute 5 Parks Yoga Vinyasa Flow Power Yoga and will DEFINITELY do both again!

I also did a premix of Cataddicts Yard Max. At least I thought it was a premix, but turned out to be an hour long workout. I spent about an hour pulling weeds, so not as intense as Cataddicts Yard Max, but it felt SO GOOD being outside in the sunshine! I remember Kittybug doing a Yard Max premix recently too.

I hope you are all doing well! Wave and hugs to everyone!! Still hoping to hear from Fanolfladyvols!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 06:31 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Gals, I did KCM's Circuit Burn for my first time today...OMG. I loved it! Such a different way to work, such creative moves, and by the end (of the total premix) I was a seriously sweaty mess! She's so no-nonsense but has such a great demeanor at the same time. I really like her! I feel like I will be sore tomorrow because I could really feel my muscles working in different ways than usual. I'm so excited to try more from her, so thank you all for enabling me!
Any time Kittybug! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on some of the others you bought! Kelly is a go-to for me, after Cathe. So of course I would recommend getting as many as you can. She has a great variety of dvds - kettlebells, metabolic, strength, bodyweight, cardio - I think she has a wide variety and range of workouts. And yes, you will be a sweaty mess!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 07:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Any time Kittybug! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on some of the others you bought! Kelly is a go-to for me, after Cathe. So of course I would recommend getting as many as you can. She has a great variety of dvds - kettlebells, metabolic, strength, bodyweight, cardio - I think she has a wide variety and range of workouts. And yes, you will be a sweaty mess!
Yes, Queen Enabler (), I saw how much she has to offer that I'll need to acquire ...baby steps, baby steps!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-20, 08:24 PM  
horusosiris

Here is to a great Friday for all!

This morning we did week1/day3 of the program. It was basically a metabolic day that consisted of barbell complexes of clean presses, RDL's, front squats, rows and reverse lunges with a clean grip. It ended with a short Ab sequence. The volume was not high so it was sort of a working "rest" day.

I also did Cathe Live 294 Touch Up Training. It is a total body workout. The rep ranges were between 16-24. During the workout I thought to myself that Cathe seemed a bit tired. At the end of the workout my thoughts were confirmed, when she pretty much said that this was not her best workout day. The workout was not too difficult and it was good for just as the title suggest - a touch up or a second workout for the week to hit all of the muscles again with not too much volume. I did a short KCM Raw stretch after because I needed more stretching than Cathe did.

Kittybug- I too love KCM's Circuit Burn. I particularly enjoy the premixes of that DVD.

Sue – have you tried the Hip practice in Flexibility and Beyond. It is a good practice.

KateTT- I like all the Body Combats too but what are your absolute favorite Body Combats? Funny, I did not care for the Beachbody Body Combat workouts but I love the LM workouts. You did the whole 90 minutes of Amy's Drop Strength! I only did the entire workout twice. The other times I did one of the premixes. Speaking of Amy, I have her CIA 9801 Kickbox Surge and Core on tap to do in my May rotation. I have not done any Amy workouts in a while

Bee, Cataddicts and Manleym
- congrats of yard max. I have been putting that workout off!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in