Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-20, 12:46 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

kittybug- I remember that thread where the doctor thought those were useless types of workouts and I remember thinking the exact same thing!! Hourosiris, combining is a great idea and I guess I've sort of been doing that now with the add on's that Taiga helped me get started with.

I do have a friend who's got Covid (and her 20 year old daughter has it). They've been sick for a month and still aren't getting much better. Really tough.

This morning I did Slow & Heavy Legs and Shoulders. I was going to sub in a barre workout, but once I saw the clip I decided it might be interesting for me to try the slow moves for lower body. I think it was a good choice -- like yesterday, I think I was really able to feel where I should be working and focus on that. I'm liking S&H! I have switched (because that's what I do so well) my rotation again..... working loosely off of the June 2015 one posted in Cathe's rotations. S&H this week, 4DS next, Gym Styles the third week and then Lift it Hiit It the fourth week. I might actually stick this out!

Stay well.....
Old 04-21-20, 01:11 PM  
momofcha

I decided on a strength workout today from Debra Atkinson. I added in kettlebell flowy from Lauren Brooks. Great combo. Tomorrow I’m back to a Cathe Live - I think it’s a kickboxing one.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 02:07 PM  
manleym

Cataddict and momofcha I have the Ignite weighted vest from Target. It was about $25 on sale when I bought it. I didn't want to spend tons of money either and it's very adjustable. Of course, I've only used it once or twice.

ChelePA, how was your checkup? I hope good news!

Cataddict, sorry to hear your streaming is still messing up! That is so frustrating! I'm glad you were able to do the workout at least once.

Horusosiris thanks for the tips on how to use barre. I'm like Kittybug. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of gal, so I think that's why I've never really spent time doing a barre rotation. I have lots of barre dvds (I am a VF junkie after all) but just don't seem to spend time doing them. I like your mix of traditional weights and barre. That sounds like a very well-rounded approach.

Momofcha I should pull out a Lauren Brooks dvd and give her a try. Again, have all these dvds I've never tried.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Cataddict. That is absolutely heartbreaking and so very, very hard. Prayers are with the family. And I'm so sorry to all of you who know people who have it. I know a few people who have it, and have friends whose relatives or friends have it, so it isn't far removed from any of us, I'm sad to say. Such a horrible thing.

Yesterday was Athletic Training followed by a Youtube Millionaire Hoy stretch. He did some stretches I had never done, or it's been awhile, so that was good. Another observation - so I was looking at the premixes on Athletic Training and there is an Athletic Step Extreme premix but it is SHORTER than the regular workout. The Extreme is throwing me off because if it is extreme, shouldn't be longer instead of shorter than the regular workout?

Waves and hugs to all! PLEASE stay safe, take good care of yourself, and touch base so we can all know how you are doing.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 04:34 PM  
horusosiris

I hope everyone had a fantastic Tuesday.

These days, every day so much longer than usual but in many ways once I established a routine, I am more productive and I can work at a bit more leisurely pace. Some think that because you are home that you have all of this leisure time on your hands, so I have had to establish regular working hours and not watch TV or answer phone calls. I still do listen to music while I work though.

Today DH and I began our paper program. It leg day so the workout called for leg presses, RDLs, step ups, Cable pull throughs, cable goblet squats, Smith back extensions, single leg hip thrust, reverse skater lunges. My legs were fried. I was surprised that there was not any calf work but maybe there will be some on the next leg day.

This afternoon I did Cathe Live 207- Cardio Fusion. This was the second time I did this workout. It is a mix of old school Hi-Low, kickboxing, ans some regular Cathe high impact exercises. It was only 40 minutes so that was a plus especially after leg day.
Manleym- Yes, most of Cathe's Extreme premixes are longer than the regular workout but in this case the regular workout is 53.30 minutes and the extreme premix is 43 minutes From my notes - the extreme premix leaves out the triceps, bicep, back and core exercises.

Sue- Doing Lauren's KB work is a nice change of pace. I have an adjustable weight vest that I have had for years. I also have a weighted belt but I do not use it very often. I treid it with one of KCM's overload workouts but I prefer the weighted vest. I like Afterburn and I enjoy the variety of exercises in it.

Bee- The Slow and Heavy series is a good series to use if you want to concentrate on form. Some of those workouts can be a bit brutal but they are so good for the muscles.

Mickey- I know what you mean about Cardio Interval Burn. I will Joni-O any workout with whooping.

Waves to everyone!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 05:36 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I tried Mike Donavanik's Extreme Burn Ripped, doing the second and third workouts. I totally enjoyed them (or maybe it's that I enjoyed looking at him and one of his backgrounders ?)...different stuff, very functional and metabolic movements. I'd read somewhere that this is his easiest DVD so I wanted to try it first as a gauge. I didn't find it too bad at all, though that third workout ramped things up a bit. I wanted to do the extreme workout that combines all three but there wasn't enough time today. I'm excited to try more from him!

I'm loving reading what everyone is doing!! But hey, Fanofladyvols, kinda worried about you....check in when you can, please!!

Stay fierce everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:29 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends!

Thanks to all for the condolences. Unfortunately we can't attend the service and aren't even sure what form it will be as it is in another state and we aren't traveling unless we can drive. We also have a nephew in the same facility and are praying he won't get sick. It's a scary situation. I think I'm really planning a lot of my workout days to occupy my mind when I am usually make my choices "on the fly."

Today I did the third Slow and Heavy workouts--Legs and Shoulders. I'm enjoying the S&H series more than I thought I would. So many of the bootcamp/metabolic workouts seem to move so fast that this series has been a nice change. I also did the 5pm Cathe Live-Cardio Core Challenge. I have done this one before, but I'm glad I did it again because I really enjoyed it. And even better, for whatever reason I had no syncing or audio issue. I used a different browser than my usual, so I'm hoping this is the permanent
solution.

bee, I see you did Legs and Shoulders today too! Glad you are enjoying this series like I am!

Kim and horusosiris, I think I mentioned the whooping (actually, it sounds more shrill than mere whooping to me) in Cardio Interval Fat Blaster earlier in this thread. It really surprised and disappointed me, as Michele really doesn't do that in her other workouts. As a result, I don't do this one as often as the others.

kittybug and Kate, so far I have been faithful to Cathe. I have been tempted to stray---particularly when there's discussion of other workouts that I have and like. I still remain strong. I have several of Mike Donavanik's workouts and do like them. They are very much "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" with little chatter and I am fine with that. And he is for sure easy on the eyes. I'm not trying to be sexist but there aren't as many male instructors out there that I work out with and I appreciate the ones that I have. OTOH, there is nothing like Michele's Peak workouts for great hi/lo and fun combinations!

manleym, we have the same weighted vest! I haven't used it much either---several times on KCM's latest cardio, once on a Cathe kickbox workout---the one from Lite since it didn't have much impact.

ChelePA and FanofLadyVols, please check in when you can!

Waves to all! Take care!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:40 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Checking in with LMOD Body Combat 82. Great release but then I think most of the Combats are. They are really some of my all time favorite workouts.

82 had some great punching combos including Superman punches which I love!! The Muay Thai track had some jumping knees and I channeled all my sister's here and their fierceness and really nailed them! Girls, I'm 57 and I was jumping high. I kind of surprised myself.

Hugs to all of you who know covid victims. It's so sad but in my very rural area, we have very few cases. So far.

Back to Cathe tomorrow. Terminator Viper is really calling to me so LM will wait one more day. It looks like it's the longest one so doing it in the early/mid week will be better as I'm still feeling strong.

Greetings to all you girls! LOVE your workouts! So many different ideas and rotations! I very rarely had done any of Cathe's premixes on any of her dvds and you all persuaded me to try some. And I love it!

Take care...back later with my review of Viper!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:45 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi friends!

Thanks to all for the condolences. Unfortunately we can't attend the service and aren't even sure what form it will be as it is in another state and we aren't traveling unless we can drive. We also have a nephew in the same facility and are praying he won't get sick. It's a scary situation. I think I'm really planning a lot of my workout days to occupy my mind when I am usually make my choices "on the fly."

Today I did the third Slow and Heavy workouts--Legs and Shoulders. I'm enjoying the S&H series more than I thought I would. So many of the bootcamp/metabolic workouts seem to move so fast that this series has been a nice change. I also did the 5pm Cathe Live-Cardio Core Challenge. I have done this one before, but I'm glad I did it again because I really enjoyed it. And even better, for whatever reason I had no syncing or audio issue. I used a different browser than my usual, so I'm hoping this is the permanent
solution.

bee, I see you did Legs and Shoulders today too! Glad you are enjoying this series like I am!

Kim and horusosiris, I think I mentioned the whooping (actually, it sounds more shrill than mere whooping to me) in Cardio Interval Fat Blaster earlier in this thread. It really surprised and disappointed me, as Michele really doesn't do that in her other workouts. As a result, I don't do this one as often as the others.

kittybug and Kate, so far I have been faithful to Cathe. I have been tempted to stray---particularly when there's discussion of other workouts that I have and like. I still remain strong. I have several of Mike Donavanik's workouts and do like them. They are very much "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" with little chatter and I am fine with that. And he is for sure easy on the eyes. I'm not trying to be sexist but there aren't as many male instructors out there that I work out with and I appreciate the ones that I have. OTOH, there is nothing like Michele's Peak workouts for great hi/lo and fun combinations!

manleym, we have the same weighted vest! I haven't used it much either---several times on KCM's latest cardio, once on a Cathe kickbox workout---the one from Lite since it didn't have much impact.

ChelePA and FanofLadyVols, please check in when you can!

Waves to all! Take care!
Yes, the whooping is very uncharacteristic for Michelle and early in the workout there is A LOT of it. It didn’t stop me from really liking the workout though.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:48 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Checking in with LMOD Body Combat 82. Great release but then I think most of the Combats are. They are really some of my all time favorite workouts.

82 had some great punching combos including Superman punches which I love!! The Muay Thai track had some jumping knees and I channeled all my sister's here and their fierceness and really nailed them! Girls, I'm 57 and I was jumping high. I kind of surprised myself.

Hugs to all of you who know covid victims. It's so sad but in my very rural area, we have very few cases. So far.

Back to Cathe tomorrow. Terminator Viper is really calling to me so LM will wait one more day. It looks like it's the longest one so doing it in the early/mid week will be better as I'm still feeling strong.

Greetings to all you girls! LOVE your workouts! So many different ideas and rotations! I very rarely had done any of Cathe's premixes on any of her dvds and you all persuaded me to try some. And I love it!

Take care...back later with my review of Viper!
Kate I think you might be the fiercest one of all. You totally rock! You inspire me so much!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 06:52 PM  
manleym

Thanks for the break down of Athletic Training Extreme premix, Horusosiris. I'll stick with the regular workout because it sounds more complete to me. Good luck with your paper program.

Both you and Cataddict are really making me want to do Cathe Lives! I think I'm going to do the Kickbutt Bootcamp and PHA 2020 tomorrow. I have been adding 2-3 in per week, but might try to add in more. Today was Cardio Supersets Extreme premix and Travis's Yin Yoga "Short and Sweet" (30min.) on Youtube. I'm glad ya'll are posting your opinions on Cathe Live workouts. It's helping me decide which ones I need to try!

Kittybug I'm glad you liked Mike's workout! I don't have any of his, so I can't contribute but like reading your thoughts. May have to add him to my wish list

And yes, I'm concerned about Fanofladyvols. I haven't seen her posting on threads, which is not like her. I hope she is ok. Fanolfladyvols please check in just to let us know you're ok. We're worried about you!

Cataddict I HATE that you can't attend the service. I will be praying for your nephew. It is a very scary situation.

I'm glad we have the same vest! Let me know when you're going to wear yours! Great idea to use with the LITE kickbox workout. I was doing a scrambled premix to up the intensity but a weighted vest would be perfect!

Please check in friends! We want to hear how you are doing!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in