Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-20, 06:09 AM  
horusosiris

Bee- STS Meso 2 is my favorite and most used Mesocycle. I do use the leg conditioning drills in Meso ! quite often though. I made mixes of just the Meso1 leg conditioning drills
to do as leg workouts.

Kittybug
- Enablers we are! Yes you need more workouts- LOL! You did Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn. I received an email from Michelle stating that she was giving virtual classes.

Manelym- thanks for the link. I am almost sure I had Yoga Short and Sweet but I can not find it in my yoga dvd binder. I love all things Travis! Has anyone done Travis' Yoga Foundations?

I did KCM Raw Intervals 5 early this morning. - It was intervals of boxing and kettlebell exercises. She did use dumbbells at the end for the ab exercises. This was a fun, effective full body workout in 30 minutes. I ended witha segment from Cathe's Stretch Max. I did the no equipment segment.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 02:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I know what you mean about the floor work. I know I’m weak in certain muscle groups too. It’s amazing that just because a person has great cardio capacity, for instance, doesn’t mean they are in total great shape. There are so many components to it. And like you said, flexibility is definitely part of the equation too. It’s all good - it just gives you a reason to try new kinds of workouts. And it’s great that you have found things that challenge you while you’re healing that foot. Great job!

Kim
This is so apropos for my workout today! Not cardio, but I did Turbo Barre lower body premix. I remember when this came out I had been doing a lot of barre work, and I remember saying in my checkin group that Turbo Barre was not very difficult, and a friend there said she found it tough. Well, this morning I knew what she was feeling! I haven't done a barre workout in a long time and of course we know my glutes are weak anyway, so I found it quite difficult. But, good for me -- I think I need to do more of that type of workout, Cathe or not.

kittybug, I could swear I have that dvd set and that it's called Short & Sweet. Doesn't Lauren do one of the practices on it? Maybe I read your posts too fast and you guys already discussed this.

I followed up Turbo Barre with a Up to the Beat dance -- she's so fun -- and throughout the rest of the day I will do "Mow Max".

Hope everyone is well!!
Old 04-15-20, 02:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, that's right, Lauren does do one of the practices on there! I forgot about that! And I used to do a TON of barre workouts but haven't in months now due to this Cathe adventure. I'm wondering how they'll feel after all this. I'll let you know how it feels when I do Turbo Barre this weekend!

KateTT, oye, I KNOW on those one-legged hops that go on for days! But my favorite interval (well, love/hate, actually) is interval nine because it's so brutal but made kinda funny with the pina colada song!

Horusosiris, I meant to ask...what is RAW? Are those streaming KCM workouts or...?

I have the Afterburn Bonus Burn premix on tap for today though my workout schedule has had a monkey wrench thrown in today so it might be much later today before I get it done...or it might be tomorrow, eek! Stay fierce everyone!!

Last edited by kittybug; 04-15-20 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Can't spell today!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 02:19 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Bee- STS Meso 2 is my favorite and most used Mesocycle. I do use the leg conditioning drills in Meso ! quite often though. I made mixes of just the Meso1 leg conditioning drills
to do as leg workouts.

Kittybug
- Enablers we are! Yes you need more workouts- LOL! You did Michelle's Cardio Interval Burn. I received an email from Michelle stating that she was giving virtual classes.

Manelym- thanks for the link. I am almost sure I had Yoga Short and Sweet but I can not find it in my yoga dvd binder. I love all things Travis! Has anyone done Travis' Yoga Foundations?

I did KCM Raw Intervals 5 early this morning. - It was intervals of boxing and kettlebell exercises. She did use dumbbells at the end for the ab exercises. This was a fun, effective full body workout in 30 minutes. I ended witha segment from Cathe's Stretch Max. I did the no equipment segment.
Horusosiris I have Travis' Foundations DVD. It's labeled as a beginner level. It's got 3 practices. These are my notes on the back of the DVD: The first one is 45 minutes and mostly stretches. Second practice is 53 minutes long and mostly stretches. Third practice is 55 minutes long and mostly stretches. So, I guess it's mostly stretches. Haha But, it's the same excellent quality production of all Travis offerings. I don't think I've done these much though because I don't have any independent recollection of them.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 06:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey there fierce girls!

Just a brief note about Travis. I have caved on almost all his DVDs and downloads. I'm a sucker for his Yoga, but he does have some free practices. Apologies if this was already posted. I didn't notice it. Here is some free stuff on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/user/traviseliotonline/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSE...qtJ45rQ/videos

His Yoga Foundations is really excellent. I've been practicing Yoga for almost 18 years and although I'm far from advanced, I practice almost every day. Foundations is a great place to start and a great place to revisit because there is such a nice progression through the practices. Nothing killer hard but you'll still get some challenge and some really nice mellow instruction.

LOTS of great workouts! Lots of fun Cathe stuff! Really - has she ever done anything really bad?

I was tempted to try KCM's Raw channel but I really don't want to start another subscription.

FUN stuff today with Boot Camp!! This Intensity series is quite excellent. It was not as hard as I thought it was WAY back when but was a super challenge! You can do anything for a minute! Oy Vay Cathe! Great format though, lots of fun cardio. I had lots of favorite moves but those burpees were wicked. I think I liked them. ;-)

I also worked outside in the yard this afternoon hauling brush and cutting out invasive buckthorn and now I'm tired. Lots of body work today...whew. But I love it. Tomorrow I had planned on some Michelle cardio but now I'm leaning towards Les Mills Body Jam. Stay tuned.

Hope all are well!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 06:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, I feel the same way about the Intensity series...it's way more fun to me now revisiting it than it was back in the early days when it seemed much harder and had more dread factor to me! Don't get me wrong...it's still hard and intense and awesome, but it seems more...doable now? Maybe that's because back in those early days I was working out at 4:00 am, hah hah hah!!!

Just finished the Afterburn 'bonus burn' premix which is my favorite. And I gotta say, this workout too isn't nearly as hard as it used to seem before I started delving back into all these older Cathe workouts plus adding Michelle, etc. The time just flew and suddenly all 74 minutes were over! It's a sweat fest for sure but fun and easy on the joints and I loves it!!

Stay fierce, friends!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-20, 11:58 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
KateTT, I feel the same way about the Intensity series...it's way more fun to me now revisiting it than it was back in the early days when it seemed much harder and had more dread factor to me! Don't get me wrong...it's still hard and intense and awesome, but it seems more...doable now? Maybe that's because back in those early days I was working out at 4:00 am, hah hah hah!!!

Just finished the Afterburn 'bonus burn' premix which is my favorite. And I gotta say, this workout too isn't nearly as hard as it used to seem before I started delving back into all these older Cathe workouts plus adding Michelle, etc. The time just flew and suddenly all 74 minutes were over! It's a sweat fest for sure but fun and easy on the joints and I loves it!!

Stay fierce, friends!
My first workout with Cathe was Cardio Leg Blast. I seriously barely made it through the warm-up. I thought I will never be able to do her workouts. I'm so glad I found her on my fitness journey. Really changed things for me. I am much more fit now at 49 than I was in my 20s.

Today, I did short workouts throughout the day. Cathe Live with modifications. I'm getting better at substituting for lower body and keeping my heart rate up. I also did her bonus circuit without weights workout. I love these little gems as add ons.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 10:53 AM  
manleym

Kittybug and KateTT thanks for the links to Travis's workouts. Looks like I need to take advantage of the free ones on Youtube since the downloads/streaming are kinda pricey. Kim thanks for the description of Yoga Foundations. I use yoga only for stretching, so I know these would be great, but I also know that once life gets back to normal I won't have time to spend more than 30-40 minutes a couple of times a week to do yoga. But of course I'm wanting all of these workouts!

Yesterday I did Cardio Supersets Extreme premix. It goes through most of the main program but starts over at the kicks and repeats all of the exercises again, turning it into a 64 minute workout. I remember liking this premix a lot, and still do. I've never done the step section, just either the main workout or the extreme premix.

Kittybug I'm glad you said these workouts don't seem nearly as hard and they used to because I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I was still sweating and breathing hard, but they seem easier to do and I agree that it's because we've been doing all of these harder Cathe workouts. So YAY US!! I will have to do the bonus burn when I do Afterburn. I'm not sure if I've done it before.

Waves to ChelePA, Horusosiris, Bee, and everyone else!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 11:20 AM  
momofcha

Today was the Cathe live at 7am. Low impact compound training. I liked it a lot, but why does she have the same music from her dvds? Is that really what she plays in her gym? I’m not sure yet if I’ll join. Athe live, but I am enjoying the variety of classes she’s letting me try.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-20, 11:46 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Today was the Cathe live at 7am. Low impact compound training. I liked it a lot, but why does she have the same music from her dvds? Is that really what she plays in her gym? I’m not sure yet if I’ll join. Athe live, but I am enjoying the variety of classes she’s letting me try.
Today I did the 10 AM and 12 PM, Cathe Lives with modifications. I’m finding them fun because it’s something different for me. Liking the variety and class vibe! I miss going to the Y for my cycling classes.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in