Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-20, 05:58 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Fierce friends, I took the day off...was planning to do Michelle's Dynamic Flexibility anyway because it was short, but then I ended up running later on time than expected and didn't even get that in! And I'm still behind in my work, arg!! Hope I'm still in the fierce club! Still planning on Butts and Guts tomorrow!

Manleym, that's fantastic on 4DS!! Yeah, not sure when I want to start tackling that series but for sure, I'm going to need to take some time to learn those before jumping in. And she jumps OVER the step? OVER IT?? Yeah, not gonna happen in my house!

And yes, everyone, stay healthy! I can't believe how crazy things are...was at Costco just now and they were out of toilet paper and paper towels, like, totally out. And we have tickets for a very, very large show this weekend....uh oh....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 08:09 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did the Mixed Cardio premix from Cardio Fusion. It was only 41 minutes and I was sort of tired so I chose that one. It turned out to be all the blasts from Drill Max which I just did last night. I was feeling the impact in my ankles and lower legs from having just done that workout the day before, so I was marching in place and doing some kicks, etc in place of the harder drills. I feel like it was still a good workout, especially since I was contemplating not working out at all tonight. Sometimes ya just need a break, right? But now it's done and I'm glad I did it.

See you all tomorrow.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 11:52 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

HI again! TGIF!!!
I am REALLY glad I workout at home at not at a gym!
Hubby and I were going to a big trade show on Sat but we decided not to go. It's in a small venue and is literally packed elbow to elbow. Minnesota supposedly has just 9 cases but not willing to risk it. My hubby turns 70 on Sunday and has emphysema so he's at risk. OH well...binge watching weekend?

Kittybug: thank you for thinking of me. You're too sweet. If I ever disappear, don't hesitate to reach out. Most of the time I just get busy. I work from home (no covid here) and get just as busy as being in an office.
OH OH! Do I need Cathe ICE?

ChelePA: Now I am curious about the Calorie Crushes! I'm so easily enabled.

ManleyM: Becoming a grandma was the most amazing thing for me! I was a young mom, and now a young grandma and I LOVE IT!! I also had two boys so having a granddaughter is especially fun!
4DS!! Can't wait to hear about it! I may still sneak that one in (out of order).

Kim: I really want to do Cardio Fusion! Everyone's rave reviews are killing me!

So today I stayed with my friends at Les Mills on Demand and did a brand new Body Pump 111! Good stuff and soooooo many reps! Those high rep strength workouts are such a nice challenge! I love working on power but I also love working on endurance.

ALL Cathe next week!
Have a great weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 12:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, I hear you...my husband has had pneumonia multiple times in his life and therefore we do NOT want him exposed to anything like this! He hasn't even wanted to go to the gym all week. It's bad enough he has to go to work where people are sick and not staying home, grrrr! I work from home too (thankfully) so any germs I get are typically from what he's bringing home to me!

Meanwhile, apparently our huge show for this weekend has been cancelled or postponed or something...haven't gotten the official word yet on that. I'm terribly sad over it but think it's a smart thing (even though it has been a bucket list item of mine for two decades now, wahhhh!). Our state is one of the few with no cases, but to me that just means no 'reported' cases...I'm sure it's still here.

And YES, OMG, ICE is such an awesome, awesome series, so incredibly versatile! (Sorry, don't mean to enable again!) And I love body pump type workouts, just love them!

Kim, yeah, those Drill Max blasts two days in a row is a bit much! And YES, sometimes you need a break! I certainly did yesterday!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 08:08 PM  
fanofladyvols

Good grief!!

How have I missed so much?!?

Just popping in to say that I'm still doing Tracie and she's kicking my butt that I haven't mixed in Cathe. But we will see what Saturday brings.

Now let me go back and catch up!!

I will post in a few personals in a few ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 08:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Manley thanks for the Drill Max pointers. I hope to join the Drill max train tomorrow
I love that anybody quote..I have never heard that before.

kittybug I can't remember what steps were in Cardio Fusion that weren't in Bodymax 2, lol.

KateI don't have CTX but that so called meaner legs section makes me interested. I think you made the right call on your event. I was supposed to volunteer at a theater this weekend but I had to bail for the sake of my husband. He has a compromised immune system.

Kim thanks for telling me the Mixed Cardio on Cardio Fusion is basically Drill Max. I will put that in my card. You were smart to modify. Gotta live to flex another
day

ChelePA one thing this this thread has made me realize is just how versatile these Cathe workouts are. Beyond the actual workout and premixes... combining them with other workouts now that I'm really digging in them has made me feel pretty lucky to have the collection I have...(uh ..no enabling necessary, Fitness goddesses )

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 10:11 PM  
ChelePA

Rest Day. Had to travel for my cousin’s funeral. A great reminder to live life to its fullest
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:55 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Rest Day. Had to travel for my cousin’s funeral. A great reminder to live life to its fullest
Yes, sad but true. I just found out a neighbor passed away. We used to see her and her husband walking at the high school track near our house. It’s a sober reminder that tomorrow is not guaranteed. So sorry for your loss, ChelePA.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 10:51 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Yes, sad but true. I just found out a neighbor passed away. We used to see her and her husband walking at the high school track near our house. It’s a sober reminder that tomorrow is not guaranteed. So sorry for your loss, ChelePA.

Kim
Thanks Kim. It’s been a rough few months. My sister-in-law passed away at age 52 due to breast cancer in December. I was her caregiver for the last three years. Then my cousin also had an incurable cancer and passed away this week. So very sad!
Old 03-14-20, 10:56 AM  
ChelePA

Today I did the scrambled premix of Plyo Hiit One and Two. A little less intense than just doing Plyo Hiit one by itself. But wow these workouts pack a punch in under 30 minutes. Also bonus abs

Schools here are officially closed. And our YMCA has canceled group classes. They are still keeping the workout center open. But I won’t be going back until all the craziness slows down. Thank goodness for Cathe at home. My daughter will now have to start working out with her too until we can get back to cycling.

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in