Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-20, 07:45 PM  
Mickey12

I had some DOMS after Butts and Guts yesterday, so I opted for some Travis yin tonight. It felt so delicious!

I'm in a Fitbit work week challenge this coming week so I will be doing mainly cardio (as if I needed a reason to chose cardio over weights )

Kittybug, I will try to get Body Max 2 and Drill Max this week and maybe Cardio Fusion. That may be too ambitious since Cathe workouts remain tough for me even with modifying. I would say I will do some Michelle Dozios too, but they are equally tough for me. Maybe I will surprise myself.

Have a great week everyone!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 08:07 PM  
ChelePA

ChelePA, 49 miles!!! That is a huge accomplishment! HUGE! I think the most I ever did in a very long spin class was 25 and I was reduced to a pile of goo and sweat after that! I cannot imagine doing 49. Way to go (and could you walk after?)!!

Thanks for all your kind words. I was definitely a sweaty mess. It was lots of fun! Five different instructors. I was actually surprised how good I feel today. Just some mild soreness in legs. I was able to do Lite Metabolic.

Hope you enjoyed Body Max 2!!!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:27 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim and ChelePA, I did make it through Body Max 2 today and had so much fun!! I'm pretty sure I burned 8324 calories, at least.

Manleym, you are so right on the music...just makes this workout!! I miss the good ol' days of awesome music and you can't go wrong with the 80's, like, ever!!

Kim, just some soreness from B&G? I bow to you...I was sore for DAYS. It was one of the reasons I let Manleym/Queen Enabler talk me into Body Max 2 today...the extra long workout time even trumped revisiting that soreness! But oh, how I miss my Travis. One of these days, I'll try to venture back into my yoga and see how my SI issue behaves! Baby steps, baby steps...

I'm a tad nervous to try these Michelle workouts and even more so now with what you and others have said about them being tough! We'll see what happens!!

Here's to a great fierce week ahead!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 10:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

Well I took a rest day and a mobility day...a goddess has to know the limits of her power

kittybug and Manley I am a sweaty after doing Bodymax 2 Cardioblast premix. I thoroughly enjoyed it! I had no problems modifying to suit my choreo challenged feet and still get my full sweat on. Of course I do it with the platform only and eliminate any turns or any both feet jumping on the platform simultaneously. She yells one time "are you jumping?" And I yell back," noo, I'm lifting though!" Hehehe
What I mean is although I do plyos and air "hops" jumps on board are more like one legged bunny hops. Generally, I keep my toe pads on the step but lift my upper body as if I'm about to jump...but don't. Works great for my heart rate and is kind to my knees.

kim Thank you!! I would NEVER have purchased this because I would have convinced myself that it was too hard for me. I look forward to doing this one again sometime soon. Glad you had a great vacay!

So this week is all about my new Tracies but with Cathe cardio sprinkled in.

kittybug I will be doing some version of Drill max on Wednesday and maybe Athletic step later on in the week depending on how I feel. Good luck on your Michelle adventure...you can do it!!

ChelePA gracious..49 miles?!? And I'm not sure I can handle 3 Cathe cardios in a week...wowee woman!!

Kate what did you decide to do to get race ready?

Jez come post anytime!! I invite everyone to the kick butt party Seriously, we're having fun and tossing out pointers and rah rah like candy at a parade!!

High five to everyone's energy...keeep bringing it!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:31 PM  
manleym

Kittybug, glad you got such a great deal on your new sneaks! Hope they are working well for you. My husband has a pair of UA sneaks and says they are really comfortable. Sounds like a pretty intense rotation this week with Cathe and Michelle. I can't wait to hear what you think of Michelle's.

Kim, "It felt so delicious!!" LOVE IT!!! Did you do BodyMax 2? Can't remember...

Fanofladyvols, so glad you enjoyed BodyMax 2 and made it work for you! Sounds like some great mods! Enjoy your new Tracie workouts!

Today was Butts and Guts. Last week I did the Overall Legs premix, which included the bonus leg exercises, which were really good. So today I did the regular workout and almost skipped the abs but am glad I didn't. I liked wearing ankle weights and holding hand weights to intensify the moves. It didn't feel long after doing BodyMax 2!! Tomorrow is either Drill Max or Cardio Fusion.

We're doing this together, Fierce Goddess Friends!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:50 PM  
ChelePA

Enjoying the sunshine in Northeast PA. Also did Lite Body Weight and Bands. Scrambled Premix #2 which includes abs after standing then floor sections . I really feel this one ever since I bought the same bands/tubing as Cathe.

Just wanted to say thank you again for all the positive posts about my spinathon.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 03:55 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Enjoying the sunshine in Northeast PA. Also did Lite Body Weight and Bands. Scrambled Premix #2 which includes abs after standing then floor sections . I really feel this one ever since I bought the same bands/tubing as Cathe.

Just wanted to say thank you again for all the positive posts about my spinathon.
I'm going to have to try this premix next time I do BW&B. Sounds good!

And you are a ROCKSTAR, ChelePA!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 04:45 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Brief drive by..I'll be back later to reply.

Today I did the Cross Train Xpress Upper Body Split. Not bad. No warmup or cooldown but the exercises really got my muscles burning. LOTS of reps. Like 12-16 reps each move done I think three times each. Lots of repetition and each body part was about 10 minutes so almost a full hour workout. I have never done this mix!! Heck I don't even have notes about Cross Train Xpress so its all new to me.

See you all later!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 05:12 PM  
Mickey12

ChelePA Wasn't today just a glorious day? I'm also from NE PA - I'm going to PM you. Can't believe we are this close to each other.

Linda I'm so glad you like BodyMax 2 - happy to have given it a great home.

Manley I did BodyMax 2 today; the CardioBlast premix. Same as Linda.

So, CardioBlast premix clocked in at 62 minutes. I truly applaud you guys for doing these full workouts. 62 minutes was really, really long. BUT, this workout was really fun, hard, and SERIOUSLY fun! The music was really good, just when I was about dead, a great song came on and gave me the push to keep going. There were so many fun moves in this - the power jigs, cross country repeaters, low skaters, leg swings, power turn squats. Towards the end I was modifying a lot because the blasts were just too hard. I also really liked the long stretch at the end.

Kittybug, thanks again for another great kick in the pants workout!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 05:44 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, nothing feels long after doing Body Max 2, am I right??

Fanofladyvols, I absolutely love hearing about your various mods...you're so creative and brilliant, and I've picked up some great mods from you and Manleym! Really appreciate it! Also, I don't have Athletic Step so I want a full report, hah hah!!

ChelePA, what bands are those...were they through Cathe's site or...? I'm always curious what bands people use! I have quite a little collection and get frustrated and all Goldilocks-ish when they just. aren't. RIGHT!

KateTT, I actually sorta remember that CTX upper body split from years ago (don't have that set anymore) and it was really no joke at all from what I remember, LOTS of reps! I'm sure your muscles were smoking away over there!!

Kim, glad you enjoyed Body Max 2 too!! It's funny because you know how in Cardio Fusion, the clip from Body Max runs through the completed choreo...and I forgot that was extra footage that wasn't actually in the original Body Max 2 workout, but I kept thinking it was when I was doing the step sections, and next thing I know, she's onto the power circuit section and I'm thinking WAIT, where is the taking it from the top part?? As if that workout needed to be ANY LONGER, right? Hah!

Fierce goddesses, I have to thank each and every one of you who enabled me on Michelle! I did Cardio Interval Burn today (from the Peak Fit set) and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! My hair stayed up on its own again from sweat. I loved the format, the fun, the fact that it was easy to follow, the on-screen counter, the intensity of the 'peaks' without going on for days so I could work and yet know it was ending soon...I just loved this workout! I really enjoyed watching the guy with 'springs on his legs'...he was amazing! I can't wait to try more of her stuff!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in