Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-20, 12:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quick check in...... this morning I did Total Body Giant Sets -- I do like that one!! I think this was my second time doing it. Even though it's not PHA, my heart rate was up there for much of it!!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 07-01-20, 01:18 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Quick check in...... this morning I did Total Body Giant Sets -- I do like that one!! I think this was my second time doing it. Even though it's not PHA, my heart rate was up there for much of it!!

Hope everyone is well!
I like this one much better than the PHA that came with that series. Less repetition and definitely gets the heart rate up!

I woke up later today and wasn't feeling up for a challenge. My sleeping is a little off with this heat and our broken AC. Thought I might skip and take a rest day. I was happy to see Kick Butt Bootcamp on Live at 12 pm. It's an express routine that really packs a punch in a short amount of time. I felt accomplished and in a much better mood afterwards
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 05:08 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

What are your plans for July 4th? We are hosting a yard barbeque with a few neighbors, Everyone agreed social distancing with the lawn chairs. We will use disposable plates and silverware. I think that we will have loads of fun but now the weather needs to cooperate.

Tomorrow's Cathe Live will be Burn Sets Tris and Bis. I cannot fathom spending an hour working just tri and bi but I will probably do the workout tomorrow with Cathe just because I like to keep up with the weekly Cathe live workouts. I think she said that she will be working in the 8-12 rep range. I will report back after I do it.

I wish that Cathe would do a stretch Cathe Live. That genre is completely missing from her Live offerings

Kate- I am glad that Justin is improving. Wow! 80 DO and RWH! You are fierce!!

Bee – Total Body Giant Sets is a good one

Menelym- I will start my Sleek Technique / SBF rotation tomorrow. I was supposed to start today but today was the first day of my teaching the summer school class and I was tired and decided to relax. I could not even bring myself to do a short yin yoga practice. The very last time I did a yin practice, I actually feel sleep during a forward bend. I think that we held the pose for 5 minutes.

Waves to Everyone!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 06:56 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Happy Wednesday to everyone!

What are your plans for July 4th? We are hosting a yard barbeque with a few neighbors, Everyone agreed social distancing with the lawn chairs. We will use disposable plates and silverware. I think that we will have loads of fun but now the weather needs to cooperate.

Tomorrow's Cathe Live will be Brun Sets Tris and Bis. I cannot fathom spending an hour working just tri and bi but I will probably do the workout tomorrow with Cathe just because I like to keep up with the weekly Cathe live workouts. I think she said that she will be working in the 8-12 rep range. I will report back after I do it.

I wish that Cathe would do a stretch Cathe Live. That genre is completely missing from her Live offerings

Kate- I am glad that Justin is improving. Wow! 80 DO and RWH! You are fierce!!

Bee – Total Body Giant Sets is a good one

Menelym- I will start my Sleek Technique / SBF rotation tomorrow. I was supposed to start today but today was the first day of my teaching the summer school class and I was tired and decided to relax. I could not even bring myself to do a short yin yoga practice. The very last time I did a yin practice, I actually feel sleep during a forward bend. I think that we held the pose for 5 minutes.

Waves to Everyone!
LOVE me some yin! I don’t think I ever feel asleep holding a pose but I have come close.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:00 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

cataddict: I don't remember MMA Fusion either. When Shock Cardio came out I preordered but didn't like it. I still have them but I rarely do them. However, I was really overweight the last time I did them, so I'll have to dig them out too.

bee: Total Body Giant Sets is super fun! Another Cathe fav. I have several.

ChelePA: Ugh on the broken AC. I hope you can get it fixed soon!

horusosiris: I could totally work my bis and tris for an hour, especially Cathe style. One day I'll sign up for the Lives again.

Kim: I love Yin too. Sometimes you just need to melt.

4th of July, my favorite holiday, is all cancelled around my area. My town has a HUGE HUGE parade and five-day events, street dance, bands, flea market, fireworks. All cancelled except for the fireworks which they'll shoot off over the lake I live by. At least it's something.

FUN workout today. So I started with 80DO P2 Day 29 Total Body Core. This phase has all new exercises. 15 reps, about a dozen moves done twice. So I did it once through and then popped in Cathe RwH Lift it Hit it Chest, Tris, Shoulders.
Holy Hannah! I think RwH is probably my favorite set. Heavy lifting at it's best. I was toast. But feeling pretty good right now.

Hugs fierce friends! Today was another good day - hope it was for you all too!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:46 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi friends!

So today I started with Circuit Blast and decided it was too much for a low energy day so I switched to MMA Kickboxing. Like MMA Fusion, I also didn't remember this one. It was not very tough, just enough for a day that I needed an easier workout. I didn't do the core conditioning part of it since I did core yesterday in MMA Fusion. It did have a long stretch which I enjoyed.

So ChelePA, I feel you with the low energy, but I don't envy you for the AC problem for sure!

KateTT, good to "see" you and glad your son is doing so well. I am revisiting the Shock Cardio series and it's almost like a new series to me! It was so different from her other series and IIRC it was a long time between the preorder and receipt of the workouts. There was a lot of negative feedback about it and I want to give it a fair shake 10 years later.

As I'm doing this series, I did a search for the feedback on it and it sure was a lot! It made me think again about all the people who aren't on the forum anymore. People's lives do change, and I appreciate those who are still here and contributing.

Waving to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 08:16 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict and Kate I really like the Shock Cardio series because they're shorter and a tad easier than Cathe's regular stuff. I'm always looking for those workouts that aren't quite as brutal. I really like MMA Fusion too. Funny how we're all different. I like the turtle spin move and I like the other unusual moves she does in that one.

Tonight I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit One. I think this one is probably the easiest of the bunch and I was still modifying some and was a sweaty mess when I was done. I love her quick and dirty Hiit workouts though. Fun, fun stuff.

ChelePA I hope your air conditioning gets fixed quickly. We only had a window air conditioner in the bedroom for the longest time and about 10 years ago we had central air installed. OMG! I'm so spoiled now. If it ever went down for repairs I would cry.

Kate your town's Fourth of July festivities sound so much fun. I'm sorry you're going to miss them this year. 'Tis the year of missing out.

Go Watulans!!!!! And I gotta say, Cataddict Watula is really stinking cute! I love cats with pink noses!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 09:25 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quick drive-by post gals...yesterday I did RWH Low Impact workouts 1 and 2 plus bonus abs 2 and today will be some sort of yoga, don't know what yet, maybe Ellen, just to give my ankle a leetle break even though it's holding up quite well! Plus, I'm sore! Is it me or does this series seem to hit the legs pretty hard??

Love hearing about all your fantastic workouts and everything else! Stay fierce, Watulans!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 10:15 AM  
manleym

Hi fierce Watulans!

Happy almost Friday and hopefully and long weekend for you!

Horusosiris sorry you were so wiped out the other day. Hope you've gotten some rest and will have tomorrow off. That's hilarious about you falling asleep during a yin practice! I haven't done that but I do get impatient and am sometimes ready to move on. Hope your ST/SBF rotation is just what your body needs. Sounds like you have fun plans for the 4th! Enjoy celebrating with your neighbors!

Bee also really like Total Body Giant Sets. That was my first workout from S & S, and I liked it so much I wanted the others. Great workout!

Cataddict, Kim, and KateTT Fusion, Boxing, and Kickboxing are the only workouts I don't have from the Shock Cardio Series. How is the music in them? I like the music in HiiT (Double Wave Pyramid ) and I remember it being ok in CCC, but I remember not really liking the music in either of the step workouts. But it's been a long time since I've done them.

KateTT too bad about the parade and celebrations being cancelled. I hope the fireworks will be good. How nice to see them over the lake.

ChelePA is your air fixed? Sure hope so! That is miserable!

Kittybug I'm feeling it in my legs! If you think about it, 5 of the 7 workouts work the legs in some way. I'm loving the series, even though I'm tired. Yesterday was Yard Max and later Legs + abs 1. Today may be Chest, Triceps, & Shoulders + Travis's Edge Power Yoga. And I'm feeling really ambitious, I might try Step Heat this afternoon. I still haven't done any workouts from Classics Vol 1 or Cardio Hits.

Waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 03:13 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

So this week, I decided to try he workouts from Metabolic renewal. I’ve only done 2 but I don’t know what to think. They sure haven’t been thought for Cathletes! Even though you’re supposed to work to failure then take a rest and go back, I was almost finished when I took my first break. I guess I will have to work harder next time! What was funny was that the workout is demonstrated by 3 women, rather young and quite in shape, and they were taking a lot of breaks when my "51-year old overweight dumbbell loaded" self was able to continue! I was seeing that and couldn’t help thinking they would have a hard time following Cathe!!!! I kinda miss my Cathe workouts though and I’ve lost some muscle tone. They're only 15 minutes so it feels so strange to do a workout so short. The next phases seem harder. This workout is supposed to help menopausal women lose weight which I haven’t succeeded to do with Cathe so it motivates me to stick with it for a while.

bee: TBGS is a good one. I tend to do it as a split rather than the whole workout. You get a great workout in a short amount of time.

horusosiris: The Live burn sets workouts make me think a lot of the Xtrain workouts Back/chest/shoulders and Bid/Tris in which you alternat between body parts. I wish she would do a Live Burn sets similar to her Xtrain one where she works to total failure.

horusosiris and kim: You are so lucky to fall asleep or almost fall asleep during a yoga practice. I wish I was able to be so relaxed!

Kate: It's sad that your Fourth of July celebrations are cancelled. They seemed like fun.

Waves to Cataddict, manleym, kittybug, Linda, ChelePA and others I might have missed!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in