Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-20, 09:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday night, fierce Watulans!

Today I did the STS Total Body premix that leaves out the abs. I know this is part of the system, but it was tricky trying to decide what weight to use so I had to wing it. I felt like I got a good workout, I guess I will see if I get DOMS or not in a day or two.

Waving to all! Hope we all have a great week!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 09:34 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hey Watulans!!

So Friday I tried to do RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders, but my DVD player WOULD NOT play the disc past the warmup, wahhhh!!! No worries, I've since acquired a replacement that's on the way. What a bummer! But what's good is I ended up throwing in Pure Strength Back, Biceps, and Abs in its place which I've never done and I truly enjoyed it, so I salvaged my workout time! Yay!

Today was RWY Plyo 1. And yeah, it was every bit as scary as I thought it would be! You all weren't kidding, sheesh! I followed that breathless wonder up with Travis Yoga 30 for 30 the Edge practice which kept the sweat flowing but got everything stretched out too. Perfect! This is a great way to get to use those practices more, short but intense cardio, short but intense yoga, what's not to love? Yay!!

Manleym, if you have the time you can totally do one of the upper body splits plus one of the plyos since the upper body splits are tough but they're not killer cardio tough, just weights that kill you instead, hah hah hah! You'll probably end up with a 70-ish or 80-ish minute workout, depending on what you do. I am considering that myself...I might stick with RWH for a few weeks and add in other workouts since they're just so intense and that is a great way to combine those splits and allow for other workouts too.

I'm thinking of trying the Upper Body Circuit tomorrow...it's been a long time since I did that and I can't even remember what all it entails. I'm still nervous for the lower body circuit though...I too may do it without the step the first time at least because I don't know what to expect and because of my ankle. Brilliant suggestion, Manleym!

And yes, what ChelePA said, you can work out any time you want with her Lives...it's just an on-demand version of the classes she teaches and films at her gym and it's awesome! Was I enabling again? Oops!

Hope everyone is safe and well.....stay fierce!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-20, 10:31 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Hey Watulans!!

So Friday I tried to do RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders, but my DVD player WOULD NOT play the disc past the warmup, wahhhh!!! No worries, I've since acquired a replacement that's on the way. What a bummer! But what's good is I ended up throwing in Pure Strength Back, Biceps, and Abs in its place which I've never done and I truly enjoyed it, so I salvaged my workout time! Yay!

Today was RWY Plyo 1. And yeah, it was every bit as scary as I thought it would be! You all weren't kidding, sheesh! I followed that breathless wonder up with Travis Yoga 30 for 30 the Edge practice which kept the sweat flowing but got everything stretched out too. Perfect! This is a great way to get to use those practices more, short but intense cardio, short but intense yoga, what's not to love? Yay!!

Manleym, if you have the time you can totally do one of the upper body splits plus one of the plyos since the upper body splits are tough but they're not killer cardio tough, just weights that kill you instead, hah hah hah! You'll probably end up with a 70-ish or 80-ish minute workout, depending on what you do. I am considering that myself...I might stick with RWH for a few weeks and add in other workouts since they're just so intense and that is a great way to combine those splits and allow for other workouts too.

I'm thinking of trying the Upper Body Circuit tomorrow...it's been a long time since I did that and I can't even remember what all it entails. I'm still nervous for the lower body circuit though...I too may do it without the step the first time at least because I don't know what to expect and because of my ankle. Brilliant suggestion, Manleym!

And yes, what ChelePA said, you can work out any time you want with her Lives...it's just an on-demand version of the classes she teaches and films at her gym and it's awesome! Was I enabling again? Oops!

I remember the first time doing the Upper Body Circuit. I was drenched in sweat! Although it says upper body, my lower body got quite a work out too. Love this one!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 11:19 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Hey Watulans!!

Sorry to hear about your dvd not working but so glad you had Pure Strength as a backup and liked it! Yay! Not a wasted workout time! It's been awhile since I've done PS but remember liking it.

HA! HA! "Breathless wonder!" Love it! And I love your idea of Plyo HiiT followed by Travis's yoga workout. I just looked and it's on Youtube so I can do it! YAY! Agree - there's nothing NOT to love! I think I'm going to stick with RWH for a few weeks too since it is so intense. I think it would be hard on a body to NOT break it up some and there are so many other workouts to do!!

Good to know about Cathe Live. Thanks! And to ChelePA! I have been flirting with the idea for a long time, so I'm sure at some point I will eventually subscribe. And yes, RWH Upper Body Circuit gives a great lower body workout too. Lots of plyos, jumps, if I remember correctly. I think that's one of the reasons I liked it so much. It felt complete - upper and lower body both get a good workout.

Waves to all! I hope Monday is treating you well!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 12:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! Sorry to be MIA for a bit. No real reason -- just busy, I guess.

Funny, I was thinking about some RWH in my life. The last few days or so I've been doing yoga and Jessica Smith walks..... I guess my body is telling me to take it a bit easier. The first yoga I did was Mitchel Bleier's lower body and he really has a way of making me activate everything so I really felt my legs later. I loved it! I may acquire more of his stuff if Mary has a 4th of July sale. It seemed not nearly as intense as Travis sometimes gets, but still good work. Yesterday I did UY Strength and that was great. I think I may stick with yoga alternating with cardio plus a Cathe strength one day a week. Just a thought. I'm even considering signing up for the Travis streaming channel.

You guys are definitely rocking the fierce workouts!! Nice job. Manleym, I don't think I personally would want to combing a plyo hiit with an upper body -- too much for me, but yes, if you have the time, I think you could do it!
Old 06-29-20, 01:01 PM  
horusosiris

Happy monday to everyone!

Manelym- You can do both RWH upper and Pylo on the same day since one is upper focus and the other is lower body. I hear you about reopening and the problems that it may entail.

Bee- I recently completed a more difficult rotation so I know what you mean about your body telling you to take it easy. In July I plan to do just that snd I am looking forward to it!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 03:53 PM  
lavna

Quote:

So Friday I tried to do RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders, but my DVD player WOULD NOT play the disc past the warmup, wahhhh!!!
That's so disappointing. Maybe you could try one of the premixes. In LITE Stacked UB, there's a problem with the regular workout but it's possible to work around it by playing a premix (I use the one with the abs at the end, so I get the whole workout anyway).
Maybe, this would work with your disc while you're waiting for the new one!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 05:34 PM  
manleym

Horusosiris I'll be very interested to hear how your new rotation goes after doing such a heavy lifting one. Please keep us posted. And I can totally relate to you and Bee. I was feeling achy and creaky today. But I was able to power through Cathe Live Cathe Live In the Ring and then later Hiit Upper Body Circuit + abs 2. Still LOVE HiiT UB Circuit!

Waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 06:46 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Manleym, you did BOTH those workouts?? You crazy woman! Fierce!

I too did RWH UB circuit plus abs 2 today and yeah, like ChelePA said, that is really a total body workout! Love it! And way less dread than Plyo Hiit, hah!!

Nathalie, I tried everything and that disc just wouldn't work, but would you believe my new one is already here? Thank goodness for Mary, right?

Yes, Horusosiris, I too am interested in how you do in July with your rotation. Keep us posted!

And Bee, if you do sign up for Travis, let us know that too...I'm really curious about Level Up, darn it!

Waves to all...stay fierce everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-20, 06:56 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Monday, fierce friends!

bee and horusosiris, add me to the "take it easy" message from the body. Part of my lack of motivation today I think is the STS Total Body workout I did yesterday. I'm a bit sore from it. I also think that part of it is the heat/humidity. It's been nasty here and I'm not a fan of the heat. I did do Cardio HiIT Metabolic on the Cathe Live at Five today.

I'm doing the Shock Cardio series now. I sure miss premixes! This series didn't have any, and I realize how much I've been using them.

manleym, good for you for tackling 2 lives today!

kittybug, eventually I'll get to RWH. I recall doing the upper body and lower body circuit workouts once or twice. Tough! This series is full of options.

ChelePA, You Bet Your Bootcamp is one of my favorites! I also like that there is no repetition. The time flies by!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in