Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-11-19, 09:45 AM  
Sissy B

Thursday, 10/10 - 10,033 steps/4.25 miles

First time I've gotten 10,000 steps in a while and honestly, I only got as many steps as I did because I was talking to DD on the phone after my painting class and I walked around as we were talking. I had over 7000 before that. I was just shy of 10,000 when I got off the phone so I went ahead a walked a little bit more so I would make it.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-19, 09:13 PM  
cdayley

Welp, nevermind a workout. I'm sick to my stomach because I have something bleeding in my nose. It started Wednesday and the Urgent care couldn't treat it. I have an ENT appointment next week.
It got cold here, and we had a blizzard Wednesday. I ran home from work that day, did a workout, then drove to Boise. I was going to drive early Thursday, but not on icy roads. I'm here for a workshop. It's nice to see my parents but my mom is really slipping.
Sissy, we don't get Columbus Day off.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-19, 09:47 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 10/11 -7155 steps/3.03 miles
Saturday, 10/12 - 4798 steps/2.03 miles
Sunday, 10/13 - 6649 steps/2.81 miles

Friday I used my 3# weights to do 20 reps of each - hammer curls, chest presses, French press (using one weight), rows, and military presses. I'm still trying to figure out what I can do with my hand right now. I can hold a downward dog for a few seconds, but not enough to try doing an actual yoga DVD or flow right now.

Saturday we watched college football and Sunday we went shopping before coming home and watching the Cowboys/Jets game (DH is a big Dallas Cowboys fan).

Chrys - I think some years DD went to school on Columbus Day and some years she had it off. The schools here started giving them a couple of days off for a Fall Break when she was in high school.
Old 10-15-19, 09:27 AM  
Sissy B

Monday, 10/14 - 6315 steps/2.67 miles
Old 10-16-19, 10:21 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I don't have my workout log in front of me, but (TA-DA!) I am typing this while walking on my treadmill. I need to start doing short sessions (ideally many times a day) on the treadmill again. If I do long sessions it bothers my hips and shins.

In the never ending saga of the the Fitbit Zip syncing, I finally managed (somehow, now sure how?) to get the dang thing to zip with my replacement phone. (cracked the screen on old new phone 2 weeks ago). So I've managed several times in the last few months to get it done. (once with Note 8 and twice with the Note 10 phones).

Deb, I spring for manicures and pedicures too. I can usually go every other month on the pedicures. I keep the press-on/glue on nails on hand for days/weeks between manicures. My natural nails are so thin that I need the glued-on salon tips to have any nails at all. I've been getting the powder dip manicures and really like them. I can usually go a month with them.

I need to get ready and go out to the nature trail.
Old 10-16-19, 07:47 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've spent since last Thursday feeling like I was punched in the face. The Dr. scoped my sinuses yesterday, and couldn't find anything so I have to rinse them with an antibiotic solution. I'm slowly having less pain. Today was the psat test, so I got 10,000 steps at work. I will be back to workouts - maybe not tomorrow, because it's DH's retirement reception and my parents will be here.

Leslie, I'm pretty sure if I tried to type on the treadmill I would fall off the back

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-19, 02:02 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Chrys, that sounds awful!

Today I did Cathe Live #45 Push Pull, with modifications and using about half the weight of Cathe and crew.

right now I'm walking at the nature trail. It is 60° and absolutely gorgeous here.
Old 10-18-19, 10:02 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 10/15 - 8399 steps/3.55 miles
Wednesday, 10/16 - 8133 steps/3.44 miles
Thursday, 10/17 - 6961 steps/2.95 miles

Chrys
- I'm sorry they couldn't find out what was going on, but I'm glad you're getting some relief. Congratulations to your DH on his retirement. Loved the pictures you posted from the ceremony.

Leslie - I wouldn't be able to type while walking on a treadmill either.

Hi, Deb! I hope you're having a great week!

It's cooler here today so I have the window open airing out the house. I love it when I can do that. We'll be back in the 80s in a couple of days though.

I took another painting class last night. It had the most advanced technique that we have done and at times I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out but it did in the end.

DH is working today but has tomorrow off so we'll be watching college football.

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-20-19, 07:59 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I wish it were October all year round! The weather is so gorgeous!

I've been walking at the nature trail and doing more Cathe Live workouts. I've done #54 PHA and #94 PHA 2 since my last check-in. I really like the Cathe Lives. I have them in One Drive so I *could* stream them but also have them downloaded to my computer. On my computer I don't have to worry about our periodic internet outages, plus the video player lets me FF or rewind in 10 and 30 second increments. I've printed out the reviews from 2Lazy4Gym and Fitness My Style and make notes of the timestamps of different sections. I always go lighter than Cathe and crew and also shorten the workouts. For example, PHAT 2 has 2 circuits. Each circuit has 3 rounds of 8 exercises. I only did 2 rounds in each circuit and shortened the workout to about 35 minutes including warmup and stretch. I don't like long workouts.

I went to an American Cancer Society Relay for Life chicken dinner fundraiser today and told them to put me on their volunteer list.

Steps last 4 days: 10,000+ and counting, 10392, 2302, 12105
Old 10-24-19, 12:16 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 10/18 - 8718 steps/3.69 miles
Saturday, 10/19 - 5137 steps/2.17 miles
Sunday, 10/20 -3673 steps/1.55 miles
Monday, 10/21 - 8684 steps/3.67 miles
Tuesday, 10/22 - 10,237 steps/4.33 miles
Wednesday, 10/23 - 11,798 steps/4.99 miles

Fitbit's acting crazy on both the app on my phone and my computer so I'll finish filling in the above stats later. For some reason, all that's showing on my phone right now is calories burned. And I get an error message when I try to log in on the computer.

Tuesday I went to Target and went grocery shopping and yesterday I drove DH to get a massage and went shopping while he was doing that so it was easier to get my steps in those two days. When I'm home, if I don't make an effort, it doesn't happen.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers