Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-17, 01:48 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question Bellicon: I think I may need stronger bungees?

My Bellicon has the "strong" bungees. Going by my weight, I could have gone with medium, but I wanted a firmer bounce. The mat seems a bit squishy for the workouts I've been doing.

I can't do the fast cardio bounces (running, jumping jacks) like the workouts I've been trying.

I'm thinking of getting "extra strong" bungees. But, I don't want to mat to be too stiff.

Any thoughts ?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-17, 03:34 PM  
horsemom2

Try staying closer to the mat to make your movements quicker?

The larger the mat, usually the more squishy it will be, especially in the center.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 08:15 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
Try staying closer to the mat to make your movements quicker?
The larger the mat, usually the more squishy it will be, especially in the center.
Barb S
Thanks, Barb, I'll try that.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 08-05-17, 08:36 AM  
BunnyHop

All I know is that I really didn't like the Ultras. Yeah, I eventually wore them out and replaced them, but they weren't my favorites. Went back down to whatever's generally recommended for my actual weight and have been happier since.
Old 08-05-17, 11:14 PM  
carly

I don't have a bellicon....yet.....but others have mentioned alternating strong and ultra strong bungees for a intermediate strength/resistance.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 06:42 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have extra strong bungees, and could definitely go with ultra strong. My bounce is somewhat "soft". Good for my joints but not great if I want a faster bounce. I don't want to spend $85 for new bungees, and I've never seen them on sale. I'm 5'6" and could lose 30 lbs.
Old 08-06-17, 08:34 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quick word

If you alternate bungees - it will void the warranty (or so I've heard). so I caution about recommending that.

I had Ultras and STILL couldn't keep up with some of the people/videos. Sometimes my timing is just different. And I am tall (long levers) so I have to bend my knees more than most. If you have the Be 360 subscription that came with your Bellicon, Faythe talks about this in several videos. I also had to get used to bouncing. Even though I thought I was doing GREAT, It actually took me several months to find my groove. I find certain instructors I can keep up with more so than others. YMMV.

Are you coning (touching the ground) when you bounce in the center? That was my determining factor as to which cord set to go with . In the beginning Bellicon was the only trampoline that would accommodate my weight.

It ends up being a personal choice and a bouncing style.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 09:09 AM  
horsemom2

When it comes to bouncing, listen to your body.
If it does not feel good to try to do the same timing or bouncing style as the video, give yourself permission to
MODIFY
(nobody is watching and your workout will not become void)

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 11:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Thanks for the replies and advice. I'll give it more time before coming to any decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
If you alternate bungees - it will void the warranty (or so I've heard). so I caution about recommending that.

I had Ultras and STILL couldn't keep up with some of the people/videos. Sometimes my timing is just different. And I am tall (long levers) so I have to bend my knees more than most. If you have the Be 360 subscription that came with your Bellicon, Faythe talks about this in several videos. I also had to get used to bouncing. Even though I thought I was doing GREAT, It actually took me several months to find my groove. I find certain instructors I can keep up with more so than others. YMMV.
Are you coning (touching the ground) when you bounce in the center? That was my determining factor as to which cord set to go with . In the beginning Bellicon was the only trampoline that would accommodate my weight.
It ends up being a personal choice and a bouncing style.
I read that disclaimer about voiding the warranty, too. My DH says that having different strengths could be dangerous because they are wearing out at different rates due to the tension variance.

Nope, not coning. That would freak me out. There is a Bellicon YouTube video with some guy named Jordon where he is almost touching the ground on deep bounces.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 08-07-17, 04:07 AM  
dlb

I went to the Bellicon store & tried all of the tensions. It was suggested to use medium or strong. Both felt squishy, so I went with x-strong. A year later, picked up the ultras. So much better for me as I wanted a firmer bounce. It is not rock solid, if that helps.
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, bellicon bungees, bungees, rebounder