Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-15, 02:25 PM  
lorajc

Anyone Else Get Tonergy? Anyone Older also?

Hi - I just did my first Tonergy workout....the Hardcore one. Now granted, I was sick with a horrible GI flu for 1.5 weeks and only did KY for 2 weeks, so I haven't worked out traditionally for about 1.5 weeks......and this started right out of the gate with TABATA sets....no W/U.....now granted I'm 56 and have disc herniations in my back and my pain was bad today.....probably cuz I haven't worked out, as working out keeps my back healthy.....but yikes....no W/U right into Tabata's....I paused and rolled on my foam roller for a few.....then of course...no cooldown....and she did a TON of man-makers. The only part I excelled at was Kettlebell Swings, as I just came off a long Dasha rotation not long ago and KB's seem to help my injury more than traditional weights....so I got really good at them.

I struggled to get thru this......kicked my 56 year old butt......have to go to a Cathe stretch now....I had to come here and post first to see if it's just the fact that I was sick....or what. I also followed the modifier of course, since I am an injured person and she was good, but they usually didn't show her until after the exercise started.

Oh, and for the KB purists, the guy that uses a KB in the swing section (as they use DB's) had incorrect form. He was squatting, not hinging.

More on these....later.....if I keep them. Not sure yet. I've been used to 30 min. workouts for a while and this is longer.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-15, 12:02 PM  
lorajc

Nobody?
Old 09-03-15, 09:59 PM  
m42

I'm interested in these, but I also want Edge Booty. Is it very advanced?
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 06:41 PM  
lorajc

I think they are...the sets are long....lots of body weight and compound exercises.....mixed impact. I tried the Hardcore one and Lethal Ladders so far. they are too advanced for me with my disc herniations even following the modifier, as the sets last forever and too much body weight on my shoulders flares my injury and I've got bad pain shooting down my leg.....too much......Good for the Hardcore peeps!
Old 09-04-15, 06:48 PM  
adrien_73

I have only tried Total Body Burnout so far. The lack of warmup & cooldown isn't a deal breaker for me, but I feel like she should have at least mentioned that the user should add this on their own.

I am 42 but suffer from some overuse injuries. I really did like the format of the workout but I think this set is too much for my joints to handle. When I was in my 20's or 30's it would have been right up my alley!

If anyone is interested in trading, LMK!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tonergy