Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-14, 05:00 PM  
cyana

I.did.not.need.to.open.this.thread.

Danger, Will Robinson!!!

I've personally found Born and Clarks to be good travel options, but will also be checking out these new recommendations. Shhhhh....don't tell DH!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 05:04 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Other good comfy brands are Helle Comfort, Onex, Merrell, and Taryn Rose.
Old 04-27-14, 05:33 PM  
cristinalatina

Clarks are very comfy. Most shoes are uncomfortable for me but Clarks has very decent offers and reasonable prices.
Old 04-27-14, 05:39 PM  
browniechick

I brought a pair of these Puma ballet flats when we went to Spain a couple years ago -- very comfortable and they looked fine for going out. I even wear them to work. Just bought another pair to replace the ones I had!

http://www.amazon.com/PUMA-Womens-Za...8638243&sr=8-2
browniechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 05:49 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
If you like Dansko, there are some nice options. Reiker has some very pretty sandals and shoes.for serious sight seeing I would go with good walking shoes and just pack 2 pairs.
I love the look of the orthaheel sandals but ordered a pair from QVC- it was a TSV- and they are too narrow for me. and I do not ever need a wide. I don't think they come in wide actually. I was disappointed. they were the Dr. Weil brand of orthaheel.
I just discovered Reiker this morning as I was searching around. And I agree they have some nice looking shoes.

Thanks for all the recommendations ladies...feel free to keep them coming.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 05:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I love Klogs. They look good and are so very comfortable. They are particularly good for people like me with wide feet. I have a co-worker who tried them and her foot is too narrow for them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 06:44 PM  
Jane1721

Another vote for Clarks! I wore a pair of Clarks to the state fair last summer where I pretty much walked or stood for 8 hours straight, and my feet were not killing me at the end of the day! These are my favorites, but I would recommend any of the Ashland footbed for cute shoes that are suitable for a lot of walking.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:02 PM  
Sophie

I'm not sure these will be quite pretty enough, but I spent last summer in them - one three week trip to the west coast and a 2 1/2 week trip to the UK. They were at least feminine enough to wear with a skirt or casual sundress, and sturdy enough to walk up and down cobbled streets, groomed hiking trails, and all about town, carrying a travel backpack. I was really impressed with their performance.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5029-508/a...-shoes-womens/

That said I agree with having a second pair to give the feet a break and just for a different feel. I brought along the Merrell pace glove, partly because it's so light and packs easily.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:07 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like Orthaheel (now Vionic) and Dansko a lot. I also like Clarks though I can't wear them everyday because the arch support isn't quite enough but they make a really good comfortable quality shoe.

I also like Chaco but those are for more active times, probably not what you are looking for.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-14, 07:26 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I Easy Spirit's Gessica ballet flats: http://www.easyspirit.com/Gessica-Ca...spirit-catalog
Seriously comfortable - I walk around all day in them - and pretty enough to wear out at night, as long as you're okay with flats. They also come in lots of colors, sizes and widths (the latter important for wide-footed individuals like me).
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comfortable day shoes, pretty walking shoes, shoes, walking shoes