Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-13, 02:15 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I haven't tried them yet, but I'm amazed that I get an email almost every day announcing a new one! Wow! Can't wait to start.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 03:04 PM  
txfitmom

I wanted to add another thing, I started doing Jessica's workouts (mainly the walking and fusion ones) the week that I was having major sciatica. I was in a lot of pain and could not do any of my regular workouts, but I could do Jessica's Youtube workouts. I think they were gentle enough and ultimately stretched out the area that was affected in my leg. So, I have been addicted to them ever since then.

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 03:18 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I haven't tried them yet, but I'm amazed that I get an email almost every day announcing a new one! Wow! Can't wait to start.
She's posting another, "Flow-Yo," as we speak! "Yoga inspired fusion flow" sounds fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfitmom View Post
I wanted to add another thing, I started doing Jessica's workouts (mainly the walking and fusion ones) the week that I was having major sciatica. I was in a lot of pain and could not do any of my regular workouts, but I could do Jessica's Youtube workouts. I think they were gentle enough and ultimately stretched out the area that was affected in my leg. So, I have been addicted to them ever since then.
I feel like Jessica is very thorough. She works all areas of the body, and leaves it up to you to decided how gentle or demanding you want to make the workout. It's one of the things I enjoy about her - I don't feel bad about myself when I have to stop doing the arms so I can concentrate on my legs, or stop doing the legs because I feel like I might die, or worse, lose the good form and tweak something. Conversely, there are also times when feel comfortable pushing myself to do more. She's good at providing those options, kind of like Ellen. I feel like Ellen said in one of her videos, something to the effect of: Do your best, and whatever that is, is perfect. Jessica gives off a similar vibe.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 03:44 PM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

Yo-Flo looks wonderful. She even gave Peanut her own yoga mat - it is pink. Jessica is so good to us.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 03:45 PM  
sherry7899

I am trying Flow Yo soon. I did one of her stretching workouts today, and I really enjoyed it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:11 PM  
kariev34

are you all just doing one of her workouts each day? I love jessica. I really need to give her youtube workouts a try.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:21 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
are you all just doing one of her workouts each day? I love jessica. I really need to give her youtube workouts a try.
I am currently just doing one per day. I'm restarting (again, sigh), and I'm determined to take it slowly so I don't make myself so sore I don't want to move for days. I'm trying to do something almost every day, and I challenge myself more if I know I'll likely not get a workout in the following day for whatever reason (so, it's okay to be more sore). A lot of these are short enough that you could easily do 2 or even 3 and get a longer workout that way. Personally, I like 30 minutes at my current level; it's very doable for me. Probably 45 minutes would be my limit right now. She does have some workouts posted that are closer to 60 minutes if that is your preference.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:23 PM  
horsemom2

I did her Cardio Dance Sculpt this morning but with my own music added and it was the first time in a very long time that I wasn't watching the clock. It just felt so good and kept my interest, a rare feat in itself, so I lost track of the time.

Love her loving room workouts, especially the barefooted ones!

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:30 PM  
hotncmom

I think I saw where she recently posted Sole Sculpt 2 as well. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on my regular exercise schedule. I've been trying to squeeze things in the last week. But I looked on my workout calendar and I've done a Jessica DVD or Youtube workout 9 times this month.

Edited to correct myself: It is Stride and Strength 2 with a resistance band that is new, not Sole Sculpt. I think I may do this one tomorrow, along with her Tighter, Thinner Thighs.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-13, 04:30 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonH View Post
Yo-Flo looks wonderful. She even gave Peanut her own yoga mat - it is pink. Jessica is so good to us.
Yes she is. Tomorrow is my recovery day and I can't wait to do this new workout.

Tags
free, jessica smith, jessica smith tv