Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-20, 09:53 AM  
ChelePA

It's interesting--I didn't like the music in some of the newer series. But it has definitely grown on me. Everyone is so different in this area. I thought on some of her dvds there was a no music option????

I feel so lucky to have a gym in my basement...especially these days. No need to move equipment, etc. Plus it's so much cooler down there which is perfect when working out.

I was hoping for some new Lives this week. Lots of repeats. But since it's free, I can't complain. Today I did In the Ring Live with weighted gloves and To The Mat, ball chapters only.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 11:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

You guys crack me up sometimes..... well, I'm included in that...... all of us so easily enabled and scrambling to get more videos. On the last day of Mary's sale, I put in my third (!) order during this sale. I ended up buying Party Rock Step (is that what it's called?) #2 and I decided I could not handle the choreography and #1, so to get my free shipping I added on Firm Fat Burning or something like that. It had sort of "original Firm feeling" footage that I've not seen, so I thought why not. Sue, I bet you'll like SloMo -- I still haven't figured out if I still have that one!

This morning I did more Jari/"Jack". Because I didn't like the warm up, I started with Cathe's Step Blast -- the 30 minute premix -- and then jumped into legs and biceps. kittybug, you are right -- best just to ignore some of the oddities because it's a solid workout.

Horusosiris your gym does sound amazing! Must be tough to turn your friends away these days, but I would do the same. Thanks for your comment on Fit Split -- does anyone else want to chime in on how they make use of it?

I'm jealous of you people going out for ice cream!
Old 05-04-20, 12:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm way behind!!

Step backward: Wednesday I did You Bet Your Bootcamp Cathe Live (again, I had done it before and really like it). Thursday I did 10-10-10 and Leaner (Meaner?) Legs from Cross Train Xpress circa 2000. Leaner Legs was no joke for sure, but well put together. There were a lot of squats, but they alternated with other exercises. Still, yikes. Friday I did Cardio Leg Crush Live. I hadn't done that one before and it got a thumbs up here so I pushed through it despite having little feeling in my legs from Leaner Legs that I did the day before. I am glad I did--I liked it a lot! Saturday I walked the equivalent of 10 miles. Yesterday I did the Upper Body Split bonus from the Cross Train Xpress DVD and the Timesaver Step premix from Cardio and Weights. The Upper Body Split premix is a hidden gem for sure! The time seemed to fly by! The only ding would be the lack of a warmup so I'll know to do something on my own first. I know a warmup isn't as critical for me in weight training, but still I like to do something. I'm thinking that the warmups in the other workouts on this series wouldn't really fit so that "could" be why there wasn't one. This is also an early venture into premixes, so they aren't as "complete" as later ones seem to be. The step combos from Cardio and Weights are lots of fun and this was a nice add on to the Upper Body workout. Oh, the Upper Body Split totalled roughly an hour and the Step from C & W was about 35 minutes including warmup and stretch. No cooldown for the step, just straight to the stretch so I paused it to walk around a bit since my heart rate was too high to stretch.

Excited to be in the Intensity series!

Whew!! This week there is a Live at 5 (haha sounds like a local news ad) Cathe that I plan to do every day. I'll fit in some other work or walk periodically depending on what I feel like doing.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 12:28 PM  
momofcha

[QUOTE=ChelePA;2872378
I was hoping for some new Lives this week. Lots of repeats. But since it's free, I can't complain. Today I did In the Ring Live with weighted gloves and To The Mat, ball chapters only.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was kinda bummed, but you’re right, they’re free

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 12:59 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Me too. I was kinda bummed, but you’re right, they’re free
Me three. But they're free.
Old 05-04-20, 01:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ugh, I just posted a whole bunch of comments in a second post and lost them all. **sigh** That's what I get for being too talkative!!

Kate, I don't think I will ever catch up to everyone else here! I'm just starting on the Intensity Series and haven't been doing it exclusively since there is a Cathe Live that I will most likely do every day this week.

Kim, I love Amy Dixon! I have the Breathless Body ones plus Double Down that she did with Paul Katami. They are tough but she does a great job of presenting modifications. They aren't really "dancy" or complex either so they might well appeal to the "weight warriors." Amy has a very likable personality. So no enabling since I have them already!

bee and kittybug, thanks for the feedback on Jari's Jacked. I'm not sure where I'll fit it in as my muscles are pretty fried from the last week of workouts. Jari's workouts all are somewhat quirky IMHO. Those crazy Canadians!

horusosiris, I have a dedicated space and equipment, but not enough that people would want to work out in it. Your gym sounds great, and I'm sure it was tough to tell people no, not having guests right now. I agree with your comments about Cathe's step moves not changing a great deal over the years. It does make it easier for me to pick up the moves in her more recent step workouts, since her cuing hasn't been as good as it used to be IMHO. Currently I think only Steven SanSoucie is doing more creative step, but I do rely on old workouts by Christi, Seasun, and Amy B when I want more creativity.

Kim and ChelePA, we go to a local farm for fresh eggs and ice cream at the neighboring general store. They have seasonal flavors like peppermint at Christmas (my favorite---candy cane chips in it ), pumpkin in the fall and now it's strawberry. Maybe this is our version of Manning's. We were there last Friday.

manleym, Amy's Rumble isn't my favorite but it's been so long I can't recall why. I'd like to hear other opinions about it.

bee, I frequently use the Fit Split cardio sections as add ons. They are each less than 30 minutes. I've never done a rotation with them. I use the push/pull workouts as my weight workout for a week. Every once in awhile I do the entire workout, or the double cardio premix followed by the weight workout. I actually have gotten a lot of use out of this as their are a lot of mix and match options.

momofcha and Kim, I really have been paying attention to how I feel each morning to determine what workout I will do or if I will take a walk instead. I also pay attention to my resting heart rate as it tends to rise if I am overtraining.

Kim, I agree this thread has been great! It's keeping me motivated and I can't believe I actually was enabled to buy something else (Jari's Jacked). I have a TON of workouts (obviously, since most times when someone mentions a different instructor I already have their workouts ). I like reading about others workouts and of course about ice cream and cats.

Oh, I heard from fanofladyvols! She has stepped away to handle some life issues and has an injury, but hopes to rejoin us some time soon. It was good hearing from her!

Waves to all!
Old 05-04-20, 02:26 PM  
manleym

Ha! Ha! I love that we are all enabling each other! Kim and Momofcha I'm glad ya'll are joining me in our Amy acquisition adventure. Ebay had some good deals too, if you're willing to order off Ebay.

Kim I do have, and like, Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts. I don't have #3, but really like #2 and #4. Those are definitely endorphin/get-the-sweat-on workouts!!

I'm coveting all of ya'lls workout spaces! Rooms, basements, outside on your desk... MAN! Would LOVE that and am so happy for ya'll that you do have it!

Momofcha You will LOVE your updates when you are done! We have zero regrets - still like everything we did. We actually started with our master bath so good for you for waiting! I had a toilet sitting next to my bed for 4 months!! And no, I was NOT sleeping in that bed!! We slept in our guestroom for almost 2 years! But the mater bath was a big project - took out the tub and put in a walk-in shower, turned the old shower into a linen closet, etc. - so there was some construction in our master bath. Everything else was just cosmetic updates - hardwood floors, new countertops, lighting, paint, etc. Typical updates. A deck/outdoor kitchen is also on our dream list. We grill ALOT so it would be nice having a deck or outdoor kitchen. That's also a dream. Keep us updated on your projects!

ChelePA I was thinking the same thing about the Cathe's Lives when I looked at them this morning. I wonder if she just picked certain ones and is just going to repeat those? But like you said, they're free and I'm not complaining.

Cataddict I'm worn out reading what workouts from last week!
You are AMAZING!! And thanks for the feedback on Amy's Rumble. Don't feel the need to snatch it up.

And most of all, THANK YOU for the update on Fanolfladyvols!! I was SO HAPPY when I read that you have heard from her! Please tell her hello, we miss her, hope everything works out and she gets better soon, and can't wait to hear from her again.

Waves and hugs to everyone else - Bee, KateTT, Horusosiris, Kittybug. I hope you are all doing well and I'm looking forward to hearing from each of you!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 03:36 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Today was Ice - chiseled Upper Body. I couldn’t help thinking while doing it - has it ever been suggested on the Cathe forums to have a “no music” option? One thing I’ve realized by doing this Cathe focus is just how horrible the music is. I really wish I could play my own stuff
Hi Sue,
I hope you don't mind my butting in but I just wanted to say that if you have the DVDs, there is a vocals only option with no music in the audio settings.
HTH
Nathalie

p.s.: BTW, I love following this thread!!!!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 03:40 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Hi Sue,
I hope you don't mind my butting in but I just wanted to say that if you have the DVDs, there is a vocals only option with no music in the audio settings.
HTH
Nathalie

p.s.: BTW, I love following this thread!!!!
Omg. How do I find this? I do have the dvds. Thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 04:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh, yes, I meant to comment that yes, I do have a couple of Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts -- they are tough!!

And, Sue, yes, I believe on the dvds where you can get rid of Cathe's music it's a menu option (dvd menu I mean). I'm not sure all of them are made that way, but maybe?

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in