Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-26-20, 07:33 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday to all!

Yesterday was a rest day. I think I deserved it after the past several days of workouts.

Today I did the original IMAX from 1998. I liked it and it didn't seem as crazy hard as it was when I did it back in the day. I'm sure it's mostly due to the step height. I normally use 6 inches now but then I used 10 inch step! I also think I have stronger muscles now. I focused more on cardio in the past, fearing that my muscles would get too large if I worked them "too much." I develop muscles pretty easily. Of course this workout is 20+ years old and my thinking has changed regarding weight training. Anyhoo, I am "almost" out of the 90s in my rotation! Yay!

kittybug, bee, and manleym, doing MIC and a Live was more crazy than beastly! Looking back, I don't think I would do it again. Correction, I don't think I COULD do it again.

Kim, I find new workout clothing very motivating. Don't know why, it seems pretty superficial but I like wearing colorful and coordinated outfits when I work out. So I definitely get the happy feeling!

bee, we planted 2 tomato plants last week. Our weather has been so crazy who knows when (if?) they will flower and fruit. Today it was 77 degrees, yesterday was upper fifties, and tomorrow also in the fifties.

bee and kittybug, I did order Jari's Jacked workout.

manleym and kittybug, funny but when I did Slow and Heavy back in the day I did find it a bit "boring." This time around I didn't find it boring at all. It really has rounded out my rotation.

manleym, IIRC, I think Kelly herself said her workouts make you feel worked out not wiped out.

horusosiris, ITA that Kelly has some of the best premixes out there. Probably THE best premixes since they are pretty creative too.

Waving to all!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 10:51 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi girls!!
This week started off with Cathe's Push Pull - I did the total body mix which were all the exercises done twice instead of just once. It was about 80 minutes and much better than just doing the regular PP...at least for me. Heavier weights and more exercises made PP more challenging and fun.

I hadn't done PP in a long time and realized I missed this one on my rotation.

The weekend was nice...weather in MN is finally getting warmer. I did a lot of outside stuff cleaning up the lawn, flower beds. At least I can get outside even if we're still in lock down.

Still haven't gotten my covid stimulus money or my unemployment. I was told both are highly delayed.

Shout outs and happy birthdays and hugs to all. I'll be back with more later.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 04:06 PM  
momofcha

Kate - don’t give up hope on the stimulus. Did you check on their “get my payment” link? Mine went from “we have no idea, to it will be deposited on Thursday!” I am so thankful for that.

Today was some kettlebells from Lauren - “Strength Serenity” and then some yard work. I think we decided our next project is to rip out the overgrown pond to move the ire pit, extend on the deck and then build a pergola. Fingers crossed we can get this done this summer. I’ve wanted this since we moved in, but the inside projects took precedence and I just got my hardwood floors in that I’ve been saving for for a couple of years!

I hope everyone is staying safe!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 05:33 PM  
Mickey12

Sue those projects sound great! I hope you get them done this summer. I really like pergolas. Our deck has no shade at all and we get the hot afternoon sun on it so we don’t use it much.

Today I did Hard Strikes from the Xtrain series. It wasn’t too tough and I liked the music. I think it fit well with the choreography. There were a lot of jumping jacks but they kept my heart rate up. I think Cathe and crew wore weighted gloves in this, didn’t they? I also liked the stretch, it felt thorough. I enjoyed this one, Haven’t done it in a long while.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 06:03 PM  
manleym

Kittybug and Cataddict I wave the white flag!! You gals are doing crazy intense workouts!! I don't think I could get through Cross Fire 74 minute extreme premix or MIC plus a Cathe Live!! Kittybug I hope you enjoyed your nice long bath. I LOVE them! And yes, Cataddict you earned a well deserved rest day!

Thanks for the votes for Jari's Ripped and Jacked. I've added it to my wish list. It's good having ya'll's feedback because we all like the same workouts so if you say it's good, then it's good.

Kim I'm glad you enjoyed Hard Strikes. I was going to skip it but you may have changed my mind.

Today was Cathe Live Cardio Leg Crush and XTrain Chest, Back, & Shoulders. I really liked C,B, & S! Time just flew and there were some fresh, original moves. I couldn't go as heavy on Cathe on some of the exercises because I don't have weights heavier than 20 lbs but I still think it was a great workout.

Good luck with everyone's projects and tomato plants. We would love to have a nice outdoor patio and a little veggie garden. Nothing tastes better than something grown in your backyard. We live on a creek with a wrought iron fence so we have all kinds of critters coming into our yard eating things. So if we ever do a little garden it will have to be a raised bed and figure a way to keep the evening critters from eating everything.

Waves and hugs to all! I hope you are all doing well!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 06:09 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

KateTT, you're in good company. No stimulus here either, just error messages. I hope you get something and soon!

Kim, I do think they used weighted gloves in that one. I have it planned for later this week!

Um, excuse me, Manleym, you're one to talk! You did Cardio Leg Crush AND Xtrain CB&S?????? BEASTLY!!

I did Xtrain CB&S plus core today and I too thought it just flew by! I loved how she does chest/back/shoulders and then repeats in those sets. It makes you feel like you're not totally fried until you realize at the end you're TOTALLY fried, hah!! I think I'm really going to love this series. There are so many workouts in it I haven't even tried, so that's exciting.

Cataddict, hope your rest day was awesome!

Momofcha, I so wish WE had hardwood floors. There's nothing like them. But alas, we have tile. With grout issues. UG.

Waves to everyone!! Stay fierce my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-20, 07:24 PM  
horusosiris

Hello Everyone. I am glad that everyone is doing fairly well.

Sue-those are some great home improvement projects.

So many great workouts that all of you are doing . Lauren, Hard Strikes, Cardio Leg Crush...Push/Pull, Imax 1 etc. You ladies are really crushing it.

These days I feel as though one day just fades into the next but I am thankful that all of us are well.

Today I did week 2 day 2 of the program. It was upper body focused. This afternoon I did a mish-mosh of Cathe for cardio- combo one of Step Syn, Boot Camp Blizzard Blast Circuit add on and the KickBox Blizzard Blast add on.

Yesterday was wk2/Ddy1 of the program- It was a lower body workout. I also did Travis' Yoga Foundations #1.

On to Tuesday and may we all have a great day tomorrow .
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 08:34 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Sue those projects sound great! I hope you get them done this summer. I really like pergolas. Our deck has no shade at all and we get the hot afternoon sun on it so we don’t use it much.

Today I did Hard Strikes from the Xtrain series. It wasn’t too tough and I liked the music. I think it fit well with the choreography. There were a lot of jumping jacks but they kept my heart rate up. I think Cathe and crew wore weighted gloves in this, didn’t they? I also liked the stretch, it felt thorough. I enjoyed this one, Haven’t done it in a long while.

Kim
Love Hard Strikes! I do think the boxing gloves are a little less than a pound each. I usually wear my weighted gloves for this one!

This morning I did Cathe Live Low Impact Blast Off Circuit. This one had a little bit of everything. I really enjoyed it and time flew!

I also did a core workout from one of my favorite instructors at the Y. It was a 45 minute workout and it kicked my butt. She has abs of steel. Even with my modifications for my foot, I could barely keep up
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 12:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I've been a little MIA -- things just got kind of hectic, believe it or not!

For those waiting on stimulus checks, it may be too late to change at this point, but if you're already set up with the IRS for auto deposit/payment it happens faster. It's probably too late to get that going though. Good luck!

And, for anyone curious about the slow lifting -- yes, it can definitely be boring. I think it depends on mindset at the time. For me last week it was not boring at all -- I really enjoyed focusing on my form in a different way. The one minute rests between were slow -- as I mentioned, I did some dusting, some marching in place, definitely stretching and water drinking. I'm curious to try the Jari one (which is actually led by a dude) because of how I think the counts will vary more than Cathe does. Mine arrived yesterday so I'll be trying at some point here. Oh, and for anyone thinking about pulling the trigger, it is on sale at Mary's right now -- sale ends at the end of the month.

This is my 4DS week, so I've done HIS and LIS -- and, get this..... I really enjoyed the stepping and choreography! I struggled with the third combo of HIS but I was able to fake my way through it and still land where I needed to be. LIS came right back to me -- actually, I don't know if I really remembered it, but I was able to follow along. Today was Kickboxing/Legs. I did the cardio portion and then just felt so wiped that I couldn't face a Cathe lower body workout. I did Margaret Richard's Muscle & Grace lower body instead and then added on my additional glute work.

Hope everyone is doing well. We still haven't heard from ladyvolsfan (did I get that right?), have we? I hope she's ok!!
Old 04-28-20, 02:38 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Love Hard Strikes! I do think the boxing gloves are a little less than a pound each. I usually wear my weighted gloves for this one!

This morning I did Cathe Live Low Impact Blast Off Circuit. This one had a little bit of everything. I really enjoyed it and time flew!

I also did a core workout from one of my favorite instructors at the Y. It was a 45 minute workout and it kicked my butt. She has abs of steel. Even with my modifications for my foot, I could barely keep up
ChelePA a 45 minute core workout?!? OMG, just thinking of that makes me cringe. I hate working core/abs.

Bee I really like the step workouts in 4 Day Split. The last time I did those I ended up flubbing up and doing my own thing in parts too. Like you, I ended up where I was supposed to be, so it was all good.

Manley you're right up there with Kittybug, Cataddict, Kate and others. You guys slay me with double workouts.

Today during lunch break I did a timesaver premix of SuperCuts from X-train. That workout has so many different things going on it is impossible to get bored. I like how Cathe mixes in high rep weight work with the more traditional cardio moves. I also appreciate how it's virtually non-impact yet still makes me suck wind. I liked that I only did 30 minutes of it because it was tough for me. It's a good one, though.

I'm also going for a walk later with my husband because it's such a nice day today.

Enjoy, everyone!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in