Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-13-20, 02:32 PM  
Bchgrl42

Barlates - Linda Woolridge

Ok I think I’m ready to try these but holy cow I’m overwhelmed! I’d like to purchase some downloads to start her rotation so I’ll need two of each upper, lower and total body. Are there any series or individual downloads that are the “best”? I want 30+mins, preferably closer to an hour. It too much high impact if any, not too heavy weights.
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 03:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

many of her DVD workouts are available free on her youtube channel in their entirety - have you tried that yet?

she's so wonderful in providing a "try before you buy" option for her customers.

to help us reply to you, what other instructors' workouts do you like?

I also tagged this thread so you can see other threads about Linda Wooldridge.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:13 PM  
Fitstick

I like her Shape Up, Fitmas and Metabolic series for total body.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-20, 11:26 PM  
Theeearn

Most of Linda’s hour long workouts are total body. The mix and match series are around 30-40 minutes and have either an upper or lower focus. I like all
Of her endurance series, energy flow, overload, and fitmas series for total body. Linda is great about answering questions through email or on her instagram or Facebook page.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 07:12 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I have several of her workouts (not a ‘huge’ fan) that have been sitting on my shelf forever. I do a lot of walking, but otherwise haven't been working my lower body because squats, lunges, dips and tall box climbs have hurt my knees in the past. I’m thinking of pulling my Barlates out and also looking for more workouts that don’t have any of those moves.

Looking forward to see responses to the original question.
Joni O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-20, 01:14 PM  
Bchgrl42

I’ve decided to take the safe approach and use what’s available for free before buying. I saw she had a 20+ week rotation on her YouTube so I’ll be following that. Looking forward to trying it! She looks tough but lighter barre like weights which is what I am looking for.
Bchgrl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-20, 03:13 PM  
marki64

I like a few of her Barlates Blitz's. Try her Cardio Sculpts on You Tube. Killers! She really knows how to fatigue the muscles.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 04:59 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I have several of her workouts (not a ‘huge’ fan) that have been sitting on my shelf forever. I do a lot of walking, but otherwise haven't been working my lower body because squats, lunges, dips and tall box climbs have hurt my knees in the past. I’m thinking of pulling my Barlates out and also looking for more workouts that don’t have any of those moves.

Looking forward to see responses to the original question.
I like her newer total body workouts, I wasn’t a big fan until more recently. And her workouts do tend to work parts of the body that my others must lack. The moves look easy but they are tough.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge