Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-15, 06:32 PM  
pharma_gal

I want to get a new flat iron. What is the difference between ceramic and titanium and is one better than the other? I have had my chi ceramic for many years and I am really happy with it but it's a bit worn out now. Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 07:58 PM  
Sunshine

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Anyone have suggestions for great moisturizers that really hydrate skin but does not clog pores? My FAVORITE is original Creme de LA MER! But it is soooooo expensive.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/creme-de...SearchProducts

I also like clinique repairwear intensive night cream Extra dry.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/clinique...ra-dry/2851619

Any other suggestions? Most hydrate but don't stay hydrating.
The Best moisturizer/wrinkle cream is Frank K. Woods Age-away skin cream each 2 Oz jar is $10.00 I don't use any other brand any more. I put Cover girl face powder on top and my face looks like I put make up on. I love the combo. Www.fca.com or tel 866-579-1574.
My mother uses it and so does dh.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-15, 06:10 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Wood Anti-Aging Cream

I would love to see before/after photos of the Frank Woods product. That it has parabens for a site that talks a lot about natural health and healthy stuff seems weird. There are ways around using parabens.

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-15, 09:45 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie W View Post
I would love to see before/after photos of the Frank Woods product. That it has parabens for a site that talks a lot about natural health and healthy stuff seems weird. There are ways around using parabens.
Actually, parabens come from fruits and vegetables, and they are a very gentle preservative for sensitive skin. Here is an article about it.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-a...ally-a-problem
Old 04-26-15, 11:56 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Thank you for the link to the article. I know people who have very bad allergies to parabens.. and this will help them understand more about what they are and also ask questions of their MD!
Stevie Wilson

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Old 05-02-15, 03:27 PM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Demeris--sorry I don't have an answer for you but I do have a question. I'm thinking about growing my hair out this year. I'm 51-years old and get it professionally dyed and highlighted every 5-weeks. It's expensive and I am tired of all the time I spend in the chair. I have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday but am considering canceling.

I'm reluctant because I work in a professional office and I'm concerned about how it's going to look as it grows out. My hair is shoulder length and I don't want to cut it. How long did it take to grow out your hair? Do you have any tips or advice to get through the "growing out" phase?
Hi Ladies--I thought I would come back and give you an update. It's been 20-weeks since I last dyed my hair. I decided not to cut my shoulder length hair (gray and short would be too much change) so it's going to be a while but so far I really love my grays. I've had mostly positive feedback but some negative too. When I first told my hairdresser she tried to talk me out of it but then she realized that I wasn't going to change my mind and she talked me into some blond highlights. I hated the highlights so I won't be doing that again.

I've found so much great information on-line. Who knew there was a whole movement of women going gray and video taping it for all to see .

Shampoo: My hair dresser recommended Clairol Shimmering Lights Shampoo which I bought and hated. I did a little research and bought Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo and conditioner and really love it.

A big thank you to everyone who replied to my original post. If it wasn't for all your great advice I probably would still be dying my hair.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-15, 04:13 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Congrats on making that kind of change. Not everyone can do what you did. That shampoo is pretty good. Check out Redken and Pureology for shampoos that do the same kind of thing

Stevie

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com
Old 05-02-15, 05:45 PM  
mandie123

A great fb group is "going grey and loving it". I'am also doing the same and stopping the highlights.
Old 05-02-15, 06:05 PM  
BunnyHop

Congrats on successfully making the break!

For me, shifting a habit permanently is really hard. Growing out my bangs took forever, drove me crazy and I almost gave up a million times. Now that they're gone? Love it, and won't be going back.

After years of trimming my own hair, and just letting it grow, I went for my first salon trim a while ago, and I like the difference. Still long with some layers at the end, but easier to cope with now that I'm used to not having hair this length.
Old 05-02-15, 06:35 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

I know some people who decided to go grey and it really works for them. It's not my kind of thing. Given that I don't have enough silver/grey to ditch the color (meaning I have it in front. but almost nothing in the back. ) I will stick with my highlights.. it works on blending the silver.

LA-Story.com (blog)

Facebook.com

Twitter.com/LAStory

Pinterest.com

Tags
beauty thread, gray hair, grey hair