Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-15, 09:53 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking Dance Fitness with Jessica: Intense Burn

HI guys!

The new Dance Fitness with Jessica DVD is up for pre-order!

http://store-drive35entertainment.co...ense-burn-dvd3

Her previous DVD's are also on sale for $ 9.99
Old 04-03-15, 11:36 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I love her! I thought about purchasing her dance fitness dvds about six months ago, but never followed through. I went ahead and purchased all three of her dvds just now...got a message that I was .03 away from qualifying for free shipping. Went ahead and started to checkout, but added another copy of her newest dvd when I saw that shipping was $8.50 for the three dvds.

So, I will have an extra copy of her newest dvd to trade later.

ETA: Her YouTube has some free dance fitness content. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqV..._7xEcv4_LQetOg
Old 04-04-15, 07:12 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

For all you "non dancers" out there, has anyone tried her workouts and what did you think? This looks like so much fun!!

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-15, 12:41 PM  
Gatorfan76

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
For all you "non dancers" out there, has anyone tried her workouts and what did you think? This looks like so much fun!!

Denise
Hi Denise!

Jessica cues very well and once you have the moves down , they ARE really fun.

I would recommend checking out her Youtube videos, she's posted a lot of workouts for free so you can get a sense of her style. I think there are even clips of her workouts on her Youtube channel
Old 04-05-15, 12:40 PM  
Fitstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I love her! I thought about purchasing her dance fitness dvds about six months ago, but never followed through. I went ahead and purchased all three of her dvds just now...got a message that I was .03 away from qualifying for free shipping. Went ahead and started to checkout, but added another copy of her newest dvd when I saw that shipping was $8.50 for the three dvds.

So, I will have an extra copy of her newest dvd to trade later.

ETA: Her YouTube has some free dance fitness content. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqV..._7xEcv4_LQetOg
I dont understand this, i thought the point of offering the free shipping was if you bought all three? Has anyone tried her second workout and can you give your impressions?
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 07:16 PM  
Chomper

I just bought volumes 1 and 2. I did the first half of #1 last week and loved it. I think it helps if you pick up choreography fast, but if you're having fun it won't hurt taking a bit more time to get it. The routines are fairly simple, so once you master the moves, you're good to go. IT also felt on the more intense side of dance cardio DVDs, but I am coming off of a several month break from exercising. There were deep plié moves, lots of hopping, athletic twists with knee lifts, and kicking weaved into the routines.

i haven't done #2 yet, sorry.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 01:26 PM  
pharma_gal

Hi everyone - How much is the shipping on her website? I'm thinking of getting the newest one but wondering if all 3 are a must-have? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 04:47 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

I've seen some of her stuff on youtube and love it, but what are the DVDs like? Specifically...what is the music like? Is it Musak or is it at least covers of popular songs? There are so many wonderful workouts out there but I just won't do them if the music isn't up to snuff.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-15, 07:35 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
I've seen some of her stuff on youtube and love it, but what are the DVDs like? Specifically...what is the music like? Is it Musak or is it at least covers of popular songs? There are so many wonderful workouts out there but I just won't do them if the music isn't up to snuff.
I've only done the first DVD so far (I hope to do vol 2 this weekend). I am picky about music, and I am happy with the music on the first DVD. The best way I can describe it is as if someone took hip hop style club hits from a parallel universe and used the karaoke versions (no lyrics). Most of the segments are only 2-3 minutes, and it's a new song for each segment.

I can come back and update when I do vol 2.
Old 04-19-15, 09:43 PM  
Chomper

Just wanted to come back now that I've done most of Vol 2 and report that I still like the music, taking into account the copyright restrictions. I think it's better than average dance or general fitness DVDs.

About Vol 2, I didn't enjoy it as much as 1, and I don't know if the novelty had worn off a little... There were a lot of segments that seemed more like standing ab segments, with lots of torso twists, where it seemed we never even moved our feet. I prefer hopping around and footwork and full body movements. There were definitely segments that had the things I liked, but it seemed there were a lot of the same moves as in #1. The good news is that the DVD menu makes it very easy to just do the segments you like, as long as you remember which ones they are. Some bad news for me is that all the standing still popping the torso moves which make up a large portion of the workout seem to be aggravating my knees. I am not sure why hopping around doesn't bother them, but "popping" does... I will try some different footwear and floor surface combos, before giving up on it though.