Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-15, 12:32 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
SPOILER :

did anyone else feel kind of let down by the finale? I guess they needed to fully show him as Slipping Jimmy again, and portray how alive he felt living that way.
I guess I expected a big cliffhanger, or an old character popping up, or something...

Thoughts?

I still love the show and will eagerly await season two.
Spoilers!

I have to admit I was pretty let down by the finale, too. I was enjoying the season thoroughly up until last night (especially the episode from last week which was amazing!). I felt like the bingo scene last night went on waaaaaay too long. In fact, my DH went to bed as he was annoyed with it! He is a fan, too, but he was tired last night anyway. I dunno, I just don't think I like how they executed the episode last night. In any case, I'm still looking forward to season two as well!
Old 04-07-15, 01:22 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Porter View Post
I actually thought the finale was perfect -- it shows you how he chose "the third way" that I assume will set us up next season to see Saul Goodman emerge.

I'm only sad that we have to wait another year for Season 2 now.
I agree, you see Jimmy struggling to go on the "right road" but he gets shot down my his big brother who he idolizes. The end was great he drove by his brother's house made sure he is taken care of and then leaves without even saying hello to Chuck. In season 1 you see bits and pieces of Saul Goodman and in the finale you see Jimmy choose Saul.

Loved it!
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 01:23 PM  
dela

I get the point of the set up, but I thought the episode was for the most part boring. I'm psyched for the next season though.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 04:32 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I get the point of the set up, but I thought the episode was for the most part boring. I'm psyched for the next season though.
Exactly how I feel.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 05:48 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Sherry, I don't know why they wait so long to air again. It's like Mad Men. I had to rewatch the last few episodes to remember where it left off and I didn't even remember some parts. I think it hurts a popular series.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-15, 10:53 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I was disappointed in the season finale but that was mostly because of the over long BINGO scene. I think the series has been excellent for the most part and I really had low expectations for it. I think spin-offs are generally not very good.
I am so glad they brought back Mike. I am wondering if Gus will make an appearance at some point.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-15, 06:29 AM  
sherry7899

I read somewhere that someone thinks they spotted Gus in the lobby of HHM in a scene. I don't know how people notice these things! I don't think it was confirmed, though.

There are "insider podcasts" on the AMC.com site. Maybe I'll listen to them now that the show is over. I listened to some during the last season of Breaking Bad, and they were very interesting.

The Gus reference is not in this article but fans my like it:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/02/12-brea...ter-call-saul/

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-15, 07:16 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I didn't pay any attention to the bingo scene and missed all the supposed references to Breaking Bad and other things. It was sometimes hard for me to know whether a scene was in the past or present time, and I guess I figured that the bingo scene wasn't that important. I'm going to watch the episode again On Demand to see what I missed.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 02:20 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I have to say I loved watching his meltdown in the bingo scene. Yes, it was long, but when he got to the part where he was ranting about the desert, I thought it was brilliant. It summed up every single thing I used to think and feel myself when I was transplanted to the desert after having lived up north for most of my life!!! Absolutely spot on and so, so sadly funny, given the context of the betrayal by his own brother....
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-15, 03:22 PM  
pharma_gal

Can someone explain what the rant was about? I didnt quite get it.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, saul