Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-16, 12:29 PM  
hotncmom

Rebooting Physique 57

I'm starting a P57 rotation this weekend. I have Vol 1 and Vol 2 plus the Ab and Arm Booster. Way back I had the 30-minute express but ended up trading it. Are the new cardio workouts worth owning? Is the membership site still $57/month? They have a free week trial but no price listed.

And....is anyone still doing P57?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 01:33 PM  
lovinglove

funny, I've been thinking about restarting P57 too, the past two weeks...but still can't decide...
The only thing that bothers me (it might sound weird), is the cat/cow breathing towards the end of the workout - they say to inhale on the cat and exhale on the cow pose...unfortunately the say the same in their book...that drives me insane, because it is wrong I even wrote them an email to ask, why they do it this way, and didn't get a reply...
lovinglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-16, 05:17 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinglove View Post
funny, I've been thinking about restarting P57 too, the past two weeks...but still can't decide...
The only thing that bothers me (it might sound weird), is the cat/cow breathing towards the end of the workout - they say to inhale on the cat and exhale on the cow pose...unfortunately the say the same in their book...that drives me insane, because it is wrong I even wrote them an email to ask, why they do it this way, and didn't get a reply...
LOL. I did Vol. 2 today and didn't notice that!

I really liked today's workout. The lower body is very, very thorough, but I felt the upper body was lacking somehow. I really like Leah Sarago, so I'm used to lots of planks. I've got the Arm & Ab Booster so maybe I'll try that.

My goal is 3 or 4 times a week - maybe alternating vol. 1/2 and Arms & Abs with a day in between for my other interests. I have been doing the Bari Peel workouts the last couple of weeks, and I really like the length (they're all about 25 minutes) and variety. So I was thinking on non-P57 days I could do a Bari and maybe some stretching (I just ordered Suzanne Bowen's new Barre Amped Stretch DVD and I haven't really given Jessica Smith's new yoga DVD much of a chance).

I'm just really tempted to give P57 a shot because of the amazing testimonials on the DVD and website. This spring I gained 10 extra pounds out of nowhere when menopause symptoms were at their worst, but things have cooled down (literally, ha ha) now and I have less than 3 months until menopause is "official". So I think my hormones have settled down and hopefully I can get it off now.
Old 10-08-16, 05:24 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I can't speak for the streaming but the new-ish Physique Cardio Blast (with the guy instructor) is really fun. I do think it is more thigh than seat focused, but it gets and keeps your heart rate up and is very fun.

The other new ones, the 360 one and the other cardio one with the woman that were issued around the same time, I also have but the one I mentioned above is the pick of the three.

I love the originals...volume 1, 2, bun and thigh booster, and the express workouts. I didn't keep the arm and abs since I mostly use barre for lower body.
Old 10-09-16, 04:55 AM  
eannem

Wait- Bari Peel?? Just looking at their site. What is it like?
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-16, 07:58 AM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eannem View Post
Wait- Bari Peel?? Just looking at their site. What is it like?
The workouts are a blend of Tracy Anderson-ish floorwork and light weights and more traditional squat/lunge/barre type lower body exercises. They are all around 25 minutes long. Some of the workouts are better than others. I like the total body and lower body emphasis ones the most. I can't do the trampoline or cardio dance workouts (too complicated), so I'm just doing the toning workouts and walking instead.

The ones I have done so far are challenging but since they're only 25 minutes, not a huge ordeal. There are different instructors throughout but the format is generally has you do light weights, followed by standing lower body (sometimes these are combined into compound exercises), then some plank work, then quadruped floor work, then 3-4 minutes of abs.
Old 10-09-16, 12:09 PM  
woodie

I go back and forth on these too. The testimonials are so tempting.

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 09:17 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I can't speak for the streaming but the new-ish Physique Cardio Blast (with the guy instructor) is really fun. I do think it is more thigh than seat focused, but it gets and keeps your heart rate up and is very fun.

The other new ones, the 360 one and the other cardio one with the woman that were issued around the same time, I also have but the one I mentioned above is the pick of the three.
Yes, the one with Chad is definitely my fave of the newer ones. I don't like 360 that much, but that's probably because it's too hard for me. I do like the one with Holly (Cardio Sculpt, I think it's called?) but the one with Chad is more fun. Cardio Sculpt definitely burns my biceps, though!

I think you can get the streaming for maybe as low as $30 a month. Still on the pricey side, but at least it's out of the pricing stratosphere!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-17, 11:27 PM  
noraW

Thread Bump

I am totally on a barre/Callanetics kick since December so I decided to try the free week of P57 streaming. So far I have done 2 30 minute workouts (one yesterday and one today) and they were so tough those 30 minutes were enough! They have a great cardio element to them which I enjoyed as well.

They have a few workout programs built in to streaming ranging from 2-10 weeks with a calendar that links to the workout for that day.

For me this would be worth the $30/month with the 3 month commitment and different enough to warrant both P57 and Bar Method subscriptions.

Just sharing in case anyone is on the fence. I think I will commit to 3 months and rotate these with Bar Method and my live classes. I haven't been able to make it to my live classes as often as I'd like due to working full time and being a mom/wife but the streaming makes me feel like I didn't miss out since I am getting a quality/challenging workout.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-17, 10:37 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Does anyone do the streaming classes on Barre3? I have a 15 day free pass which is about to expire. I'm on the fence about subscribing to the site because I only really like the new workouts that they put out once a week. The music is really good on these compared to the older workouts. I'm going back and forth between Barre3 and The Bar Method (which in my opinion has better music, but not as many workouts in their library). For those of you who subscribe to either or both of these sites, what's your opinion on them? What do you like, dislike, etc? Help me make a decision!!
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote