Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-15, 09:03 PM  
angie_nrs

Observation: Muscle quiver = results

I really don't know why I haven't focused on this particular element of my workouts before now. But, I've found that when I experience that muscle quiver in any workout, I seem to get better results. I'm noticing this currently with Callanetics. It doesn't seem to matter how much I sweat or how long I workout...but when I experience those little muscle quivers, like my arms or legs are experiencing tiny seizures or what I call the 'trembles', I seem to firm up. I also notice that those workouts will spike my appetite sometimes (like with Callanetics), even with little to no sweat.

I also experience this with heavy weight workouts as well, like with Cathy PUB or Power Hour (which I refer to as my shaky leg workout). I'm thinking I may consider doing a rotation of 3 workouts per week that create the trembles and do Hiit and/or Moderate cardio on days in between that, which I think would help sort of flush out the muscles. Sometimes even the stretching workouts like Lastics will create the trembles, which I still think is effective.

I have lots of workouts that are really hard to do but don't necessarily make my muscles tremble. I have some that make my muscles sore or make my lungs feel like they're gonna explode but still don't create the quiver.

Now, I just have to get a good list of 'tremble' worthy workouts. I just did Barry's Bootcamp arms last week for the first time in ages....and yeah, definitely a tremble workout. I went heavy on the triceps since I didn't know what was coming my way. Lots of trembles going on....during and after the workout. That's what I'm looking for now.

I have so many workouts that I can't remember which ones would fit this bill. I would like to know what you all find are tremble worthy in your book.
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 12:32 AM  
fatkat555

When doing barre workouts I think what you're describing is similar to the "barre shake". Good stuff, that shake.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 05:56 AM  
Elle K

Good observations.. I will push that much deeper this week with SBF.. thanks!
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 06:14 AM  
Lannette

Same here. I believe that the quiver signifies muscle exhaustion, which I take to mean greater over all muscle activation. Gotta love it!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 07:17 AM  
deineira

This is why Suzanne Bowen always says, "let it shake, let it burn"! That's where the money is! I agree that's when you're fully exhausting the muscle, or working to failure, which facilitate changes. Suzanne tries to get to this point in all of her workouts and she talks about it all the time. P57 seems to do this for me. I've had this feeling in ART lower body workouts too. I seem to get this more in my lower body than upper body. My upper body muscles will just burn like crazy. But then I'll have noodle arms after my workout...where it's challenging to raise them up for an hour or two.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 07:30 AM  
Donna D

Andrea Orbeck's Super Model Butt and Thighs makes my legs quiver, not every time, but often enough.
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 07:35 AM  
eannem

I agree with this too and think bar method dvds give me the best "barre shakes". (for legs at least)
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 08:12 AM  
ssgilby

I immediately thought of Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped (and, I'm sure her other stuff) when I read the initial post, and I see she's been mentioned. Yes, the basis of her workouts is "shake to change." Good stuff.
Old 10-20-15, 08:19 AM  
toomuchjoy

Quiver would be a good title for a workout.

If it hasn't already been used yet....
toomuchjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-15, 12:06 PM  
angie_nrs

Thanks for the Suzanne Bowen recommendations. I do not have any of her workouts so that is definitely worth a look.

After some thought, I also remember that Cathe Slow & Heavy workouts create the trembles. I'll have to dig those out. I also remembered that the original P90X Yoga also brought on the trembles.....I even remember Tony mentioning it when one of the background exercisers had shaking in his leg at one point.

Toomuch - I agree, Quiver would be a great workout title.....or maybe even series....hmmmmm. I would definitely be in on that!
angie_nrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
muscle quiver, trembles