Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-15, 04:23 PM  
mizvespa

TA Streaming In Comparison to Meta

I have been doing TA off and on for 4 years. I love Perfect Design (all 3), her original Mat dvd, post pregnancy, webisodes, her rebounder dvd and also precision toning. I can complete all of the moves with no problem. However, based on the clips I've seen, the energy in streaming is infectious and so enticing! Ahhh!

My problem is that meta and continuity stressed my back and hip flexors (especially glutecentric). Even perfect design 3, which is super advanced, never bothers me. Meta level 9 never bothered me, even though it was challenging, because (I'm guessing) she does not stay in all fours for a long period of time. I'm not sure why, but a week of doing the meta workouts (except for level 9) screwed me up multiple times. I'm sure it is just my body, but regardless I don't want to be in "all fours" for almost half an hour straight.

My question is, do you guys think I could do streaming??? Meta was boring, unpleasant (for me) and caused me a great deal of tension, but I love TA's method overall. I can do the arm sections in mat and precision toning without any breaks or much challenge, so I'm fairly advanced in her method. How similar to meta is streaming??? I'm dying to try!
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-15, 04:41 PM  
violetblonde

I find the streaming floorwork moves to be clearly in the same 'family' as the Meta moves (I did all of Abcentric and Omnicentric 90 day meta and some Glutecentric too). Mostly all fours, planks, etc. The moves are somewhat more 'creative' and dynamic than Meta, too, I'd say.
violetblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 11:14 AM  
mizvespa

Thanks, Violet! Anyone else?
Old 02-02-15, 02:57 PM  
eannem

i could never get past the first few levels in meta so i can't really compare. but i did cave this past week and i ordered the streaming. i have done week 1 and week 7 1x each. there is A LOT of floor work/all fours stuff. its not as boring as the counts are lower ( i think), but does have the same feel as far as exercises on all fours.

and for those that were bummed they could not get the steaming- i like it, but don't love it…yet.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 06:13 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'm totally in love with these workouts! They are very challenging. I LOVE the first 20 minutes of each workout. I've never liked her arms and standing abs work in meta and continuity, but I'm loving it in the streaming workouts. What I also really love is the tutorial. I find them so helpful in learning the angles for each workout. The norm for me is doing the first couple of times using the tutorial before moving on to the streaming workout.

For me, the first couple of days after each new level leaves me in serious DOMs, DOMs that I rarely get with continuity. They are also very hip and outer thigh focused, so I have been alternating them with the continuity level that I'm on.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 08:08 PM  
mizvespa

Ok, great. Thanks guys for the feedback! I'm on the fence. I LOVE everything I have seen from vitality weeks and stuff from her instagram. I always felt a solid warmup and arm workout were lacking in meta, which is likely why I love mat so much. Then again, I love perfect design and arms are almost nonexistent. I did notice that, with meta, I did a lot better if I stretched and moved a minute in between exercises. I simply cannot just stay in all fours for that length of time. My body just gets tight. If I get the streaming, I will likely have to pause in between exercises. The tutorial sounds soooooo helpful!!!!!!