Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-14, 07:20 PM  
momofcha

Tracy Anderson post pregnancy 2 thoughts?

There aren't many reviews & there's zero clips. What is the consensus on this?

Thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:36 PM  
PhyllisG

I too would like to know. I posted this same question a few months back and got a couple of replies. I think four. No clips. They like it and that it is different than the first one. I think most of the work is on all fours.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:46 PM  
LaCatrina

If you like Tracy's workouts it's fairly likely you'll enjoy this one. It has my favorite arm series (standing, then kneeling). You do arms, then the legs and it finishes with a brief segment for the abs - all crunches.

The leg part is different from meta in the sense that she moves from all-fours to side moves. She does some exercises for the inner thighs with ankle weights. She stays "forever" on each leg... 15 min or so before switching.

It's a great workout - sadly, you can only buy it through Tracy's site
Old 08-12-14, 08:47 PM  
LaCatrina

I wonder why they don't post clips... I think more people would buy the workouts if they could take a peek before
Old 08-12-14, 08:47 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
If you like Tracy's workouts it's fairly likely you'll enjoy this one. It has my favorite arm series (standing, then kneeling). You do arms, then the legs and it finishes with a brief segment for the abs - all crunches.

The leg part is different from meta in the sense that she moves from all-fours to side moves. She does some exercises for the inner thighs with ankle weights. She stays "forever" on each leg... 15 min or so before switching.

It's a great workout - sadly, you can only buy it through Tracy's site
Awesome! Thank you. I just ordered it & I'm excited. How long is it & how many reps of each?

Old 08-12-14, 09:48 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Awesome! Thank you. I just ordered it & I'm excited. How long is it & how many reps of each?
Glad to enable! IIRC she does 30 reps for most exercises. I just checked and it runs a tad under 52 minutes. The music is the same she uses for teen meta. Since she doesn't cue in this one you can always use your own playlist
Old 08-12-14, 09:50 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Glad to enable! IIRC she does 30 reps for most exercises. I just checked and it runs a tad under 52 minutes. The music is the same she uses for teen meta. Since she doesn't cue in this one you can always use your own playlist
Perfect! Thanks! I love playing my own music with these - makes them much more fun!

Old 08-13-14, 07:17 AM  
eannem

pp2 is the hardest of her toning dvds- in my opinion. (i have never done pds 2 or 3,s o cannot compare to those). really great, but gives me major dread. think its bc of the very long leg section. but its really very complete. also, there is no talking whatsoever, so it does have a learning curve.
eannem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 08:30 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
I wonder why they don't post clips... I think more people would buy the workouts if they could take a peek before
When a producer won't provide access to ungarnished clips of the workout (like, with the actual instruction and music audible) my tendency is to assume there is something seriously wrong with the workout that they're trying to hide. I'm often wrong, but it's still always my assumption until proven otherwise. I'm pretty cynical that way.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-14, 08:48 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
When a producer won't provide access to ungarnished clips of the workout (like, with the actual instruction and music audible) my tendency is to assume there is something seriously wrong with the workout that they're trying to hide. I'm often wrong, but it's still always my assumption until proven otherwise. I'm pretty cynical that way.
It totally makes sense, definitely. In this case I don't remember any obvious/terrible flaw (like in continuity with issues like missing an entire move/moves or bad odd counts). The only problem (if you can call it that) with the workout is that the cover says that it's the first of two workouts, or something to that effect, then later on Tracy's mods came out and said it was a mistake - no second workout

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson pregnancy